• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:16:12 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

I can't go any further into the store without the game crashing .

Started by Tony75, April 04, 2021, 05:51:44 pm

Tony75

I am about to fight Miluda but when the formations screen comes up for that battle the game is crashing . I put that battle back to the original battle in the patcher and it is still doing that . HELP !! I can still get into random battles fine .
  • Modding version: WotL

Nyzer

You've said very little about what you've changed so, uh...

Everything you've changed? Undo it.

If that fails, just enter the battle on an unmodded version of the game.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Tony75

Oh man I have changed a lot !! . But not too much in the ENT where you change the battles . All I have done in there is make it so the story battles scale in level with you party . The battle with Miluda 1st I havent done anything . One thing when I was changing sprite portraits I accidently hit the save wildface4 bin . Could that be the problem ?

TidesofMercy

When the game is crashing do you mean that the blue screen pops up? This was happening to me earlier today, as well as a really strange bug with Ramza's sprites. It happened when I added Tietra's sprite into the formation screen area of ShiShi Sprite Editor. I also had placed a sprite over the never used Celia - 3A slot. I could play for a while but then it would crash at random during battle. I ended up having to start over with a clean file. I didn't patch the formation screen sprite again.

My suggestion would be to test with a clean iso. Then test with just your FFTPatcher changes so that you can isolate the issue! FFT WoTL has been really difficult for me as far as modding goes so far, but I am definitely a novice. The PS1 version is much more forgiving for me so far.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: TidesofMercy

Tony75

What happens on that 1 battle when i go to the formation screan it freezes then shuts down my emulator .