• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:11:24 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Mug Help

Started by jimmyjw88, February 03, 2010, 02:21:28 am

Which Cloud is better?

Left?
8 (88.9%)
Right?
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 05, 2010, 07:05:44 pm

Vanya

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

RolyTunedIn

it looks like smash did a pretty good face fix.

jimmyjw88

February 05, 2010, 01:50:20 am #22 Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:20:47 am by jimmyjw88
Alright, here. Left is the original with thinner neck while right is new, with thinner neck, removed lightest blonde and add white/gray + lowered chin by a pixel.

EDIT: I made the right one because compared with other FFTs, he has shorter face.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Vanya

Looks good, the one on the right. Makes him look older; which he is by that point.
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

Oi, I prefer the one on the left; to me that looks more like Cloud, but I'm not familiar with AC at all, so my opinions may be moot.

jimmyjw88

Left one does look more like Cloud but the his face may be bit smaller than other FFTs.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

Very nice improvements. I think either work for the reasons stated above.
Current Projects:

mav

Put it to a vote, if possible.

jimmyjw88

RolyTunedIn

the one on the left looks good. cloud is suppose to be older in ac but he still has that baby face lol.

SilvasRuin

Left looks too young.  Right looks too elongated.  Not sure how you could fix either, but I'm at a loss for which one I prefer.  It's relatively minor details at this point though, so I'd like either one.

jimmyjw88

Funny thing is just a pixel lower of his chin make such difference. Hmm...

mav

Yeah, it's crazy how these seemingly negligible edits make such huge changes. Great work though, Jimmy--this is a very nice portrait.

jimmyjw88

Thanks mav ^^
The reason I made this is because I never actually like the existing Cloud AC portrait as it doesn't look AC at all. Now, if I only can do the same thing for the sprite, we may get to see much closer Cloud AC.

RolyTunedIn

true it dont look ac like but the old portrait still look nice. but i agree that it needs a better sprite. actually i saw a sprite that i think is by kuraudo in the "what is everyone working on" with hair close to ac cloud

mav

There's an AC sprite by Miroshi Beshima on this page--it has a slightly different hairstyle, though the quality of the sprite is so-so. Kuraudo's sprite is on the submissions page.

jimmyjw88

Yeah, the old portrait is nice as it is directly from original Cloud (FF7), so..ya but just not AC enough. As for the sprite, Miroshi has better hair; Kuraudo's is nice, just the hair doesn't really fit as it is directly from original Cloud, which is from FF7.

RolyTunedIn

sorry about that. that was what i meant mav... ahah. but with a little edit to the hair it could be made into ac cloud.

Kagebunji

Yes Miroshi did a nice hair, I wanted to use it on my own sprite, but I don't have much time to sprte lately, this would definitly work for AC Cloud. As for portrait...whoa, you are improving, Jimmy :D