• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:38:18 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

First Beta FFT Arena Tournament *Done*

Started by FFMaster, July 19, 2010, 06:57:14 am

The Damned

So, FFMaster, is the final still going to be 2 out of 3 rounds still? Or is it going to be 3 out of 5 rounds?

Quote from: "Zaen"Well, I come back from a great 12 day trip to see... I completely fail. Nice.

Well, at least you failed while relaxing for 12 days. Kind of more than us other losers got.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Zaen

Nay, I was working my butt off for 5 of those days. Then there's the 5 days stuffed in a 15 passenger van. I. Hate. Drywall. Especially on ceilings.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

The Damned

August 02, 2010, 08:59:24 pm #84 Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:56:39 pm by The Damned
So I guess it was 2 out of 3 rounds even for the finals. Hunh.

Regardless, congrats to the winner.

(I can't believe I was the only one to ever get hit by Odin. Why must I have such horrible luck?)

Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"Yay, this is over.

Let the raging commence.

*flips a table*

DAMN YOU, NON-RANDOM MASAMUNE AND KIYOMORI!

*goes off to rage in the ability thread*
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Skip Sandwich

As I feared, I was simply unable to cope with the absolutely ridiculous damage output of Kaz's archers. GG Kaz
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Kaz

ah, again I was fortunate (this time with the map selections)

GG Skip - IMO your team was crafted much better than mine (seriously, best in the bunch imo), the archers just had the advantage this time.
to hell with you mustadio haters

Pride

Damn, got ripped a new one by skip... Least I can say my two losses are to the two finalist :P

Kaz's archers were too much, just sick damage. Good tournament.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Barren

i enjoyed watching the tournament myself. im glad that at least my first try got me to the tie breaker. definitely looking forward to the next tournament whenever that will be. GG to all participants!! and congratulations to Kaz, great play with your physical based archers
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

philsov

Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"i'm gonna call this  a loss for
philsov
and also say that for future tourney's, we should add a clause that if your last remaining unit is confused, you lose. (this would still require some GM arbitration to resolve on a case-per-case basis based on circumstances, unit abilities and whatnot, but it's a good starting point)

Agreed, but some grey area should be used as well.  In this case there's literally no way my dancer had a chance (move HP up negated all damage output, and this was a Last Dancer, so no real status to pop up either).

I know I'm a bit late, but grats Kaz!  Yeah, compat was a stinker.  Also the RNG was less than kind towards me... I think in round 1 one of your archers literally never got a status connection.  But you've got some beastly archers supported by some beastier AoE.  Woo :D
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

CT5Holy

Congratulations Kaz! I didn't expect to see so much damage off of your archers. Well done.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Tonberry

Bummer that I missed this one. It was still really entertaining to watch. Congrats to all participants for making it fun and especially to the winners!