• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:15:02 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Questions concerning FFTpatcher

Started by PhantasmKari, June 14, 2010, 06:55:50 am

PhantasmKari

Also, first post so hello =3

But anyway~

Weapons-
I know it's possible to make weapons that cast spells, But is it possible to make one that'll cast, Fire, Blizzard And Thunder but never more than 1 of them at a time?

Could I modify a weapon so it hits twice? 1 hit at full power and a second at half power without going through the actual animation? And if so, could I make it so the extra damage has like a 50% chance? o-o

Skills-
If i made Barrage an innate skill for Pirate/Mechanist/Thief, and used say Arm Shot, or Rend Armor or even something like Fire. Would they go off 4 times? if so I'm not bothering with that, I'd only want it to work for basic attacks.

Can I make a skill that works like Double Cast? Like it lets me pick 2 spells to use? Or would I have to modify Fire to cast more than once(Which i'm assuming is limited to 3) Going to overwrite Mime with Red mage xD if I have to do something like giving them the innate skill Barrage/Halve MP(to compensate for the fact it'd have to cast 4 times instead of twice) or making multicast version of Fire, Thunder, Blizzard, Cure and such i'm fine with that, I'd just prefer to limit it to 2 =x

Is it possible to make a skill that does a basic attack and then a spell?

Thats all my questions xD currently in the process of making all the enemies notably stronger ^^

philsov

weapons can only have one ability slot assigned to them, so I don't think there's a way to rig either fire, ice, or thunder.

Double striking is possible -- include a new ability (well, sacrifice an old one) that does weapon damage (like formula 1), and set your weapon to that.  If you want to make it half damage, that's more of a condumdrum -- best advice I can offer is set the new ability to have formula SP*WP, which is usually less than a normal weapon strike but still does it.

However, being an ability it'll have an associated animation with extra damage display, there's no way around that.

You can make it a 50% chance, but in doing so you make EVERYTHING have a 50% chance to work.  Which... might be worthwhile for you.  Dunno.  (OrgASM utility)

No clue about barrage.

Double Cast isn't possible at this time.... and Mime is pretty hardcoded and uneditable.

Basic attack + spell is possible with that 25% business, but that resulting spell is always going to be single-target on the attacked person -- theres no way to rig attacking the enemy and then casting haste on yourself (e.g.)

Oh, and WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

PhantasmKari

I wasn't concerned with attacking and buffing myself =P I want it to be an attack, since i wasn't holding my breath on weapon having a chance to cast 3 different spells and only one spell actually being cast, i figured the next best alternative would be attacks that cast as well. I.E. Ice Brand in the form of a skill rather than a weapon, And i didn't want it to be an aoe either, The idea was more or less a take on Steiner's skills in FF9 or the skillset of Warrior on FFX-2.

Maybe i could edit out Onion knight or something then, lol. Can't really think of a base class i'd want to edit out though .-. Welll, Save for Squire, but that's the basic starting class, so don't wanna touch it xD Orator is the Farith/Brave modifying class so can't do to much with them ;< Could do Arithmetician since i've removed EVERY spells CT(And made them more expensive, lol.), And it's kinda overpowered anyway =x

Guess i'll overwrite some skills to have the basic spells hit multiple times. Anyway thanks for the info ^_^ And thank you =D

Edit: PS, how do you edit class/skill names? >.> i'm using the texteditor thing, and it lets me change descption's but not class/ability/item names =x