• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

PSP: keep playing after final battle, ADD/ZERO to move on world map

Started by Vir, June 21, 2015, 11:55:28 pm

Vir

Hi, I'm trying to do approximately what Pride did here, but for PSP:

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8348

That is, make the final battle send Ramza back to the world map after (or instead of) the ending scenes. I think I can just check a box in ENTD/1B9 to let Alma join my party after Altima (not because I care to have her as a battle character, but hopefully I just rescued her!), but feel free to chime in if you know something about that. Once concern I'll have to see about is if a join screen would mess up the ending scenes there, necessitating I add Alma to the Delita/Ovelia finale (133 in ENTD I think) so she can join after that.

Please feel free to tell me about that.

So I have been trying to research Elric's advice:

QuoteYou would edit the last battle of the game in Attack.out GUI to be "Go to Worldmap" after that senario
You would also need to change the ADD/ZERO commands in that event to move you off of Murond as well as to remove the lines :D
It's all pretty painless

The first thing he says there looks plenty straightforward after minimal poking around. The second thing, about the ADD/ZERO commands, I've had more trouble with. I've got Elric's tutorial, the workbooks, the wiki, numerous topics, and the fine editing programs to hand here. I just haven't been able to connect the right dots.

In EasyVent, I have found the Ultima battle events as well as the funeral and Delita/Ovelia finale (012C in ATTACK.OUT). So ideally I might change 012C's After Event to "Go to World Map" and do an ADD/ZERO thing to move my world map position, if that's necessary once I've let the end events run? I have been able to decipher some of the event scripts, but not well to do this thing yet.

Thanks for your input. While I await replied, I'll be trying to figure out how to test experiments down this line without playing through the entire game.

Xifanie

That Alma might start the battle dead, you might want to check on that. If you invite a character like that, they'd start any battle dead. You can only have characters join during a Darkscreen, but I kinda forgot the details. :x

ADD/ZERO instructions are always right before EventEnd... that's pretty much all these is to it.

//Removes Murond
ZERO(x0214)
//Moves Ramza to Orbonne Monastery
ZERO(x0031)
ADD(x0031,x0012)
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Vir

Thank you very much!  :D

After work, I'm going to look at the wiki, etc., to try to figure out why those were the correct numbers. If I can get the patch work, I'll post here.

OK. I had a break to check the wiki and the code part of your post makes sense now. Basically

Forget Murond
Forget where the party's present location
Have the location of Orbonne

I see Orbonne is listed as 0x12 on this page

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Data/Table_Locations

and has the ID $12 on the variables page. I was not even looking at the right column of numbers originally.

Vir

Ah. Perhaps I have been foolish. I had extracted the ATTACK.OUT from my WoTL ISO, but maybe I can only implement a change to ATTACK.OUT via orgASM, which then wouldn't be a viable PSP ISO (if I haven't misread my latest page of searched up topics)?

I read a number of topics to find whether anyone was editing ATTACK.OUT for PSP, and then I checked the downloads page it it plainly shows the program is for PSX, no PSP icon.

Or am I still missing something?

Well, if I have started on a faulty premise here, hopefully the thread will help someone else later.