• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:32:59 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Knox' Sprites etc.

Started by Knox, September 20, 2009, 10:34:38 pm

Knox

December 14, 2009, 01:41:12 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Knox
Generics? like buy soldier jobs?
Thats the one thing that des bug me about FFT btw, Having any one character look like another- I wish every character was unique in appearence lol.

I want to do a decent chapter 4 ramza before i will move onto anything else.

And if anyone would be kind enough to fix the portrait for the chapter 1 one that is finished and im fine with it i dont need to toy with it anymore.

Just fooled around a little thinking about that merc verson of Ramza i saw on the custom sprites page.

Palette needs to be fixed as it messes up but i  havent fixed it yet- otherwise its kinda neat.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

mav

December 14, 2009, 02:12:47 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
This sprite looks pretty damn good, though try and replace the white pants (if you can). I've also created a portrait for your Ch. 1 Ramza custom guy. If you need help inserting it, you can either refer to this tutorial or post the SPR and I'll edit it in.

Knox

December 14, 2009, 02:22:20 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Knox
I actually thought the Gafgarion Esque look did him justice for chapter 2/3

And yeah ill edit that sprite in now hold on.

I've tried my luck with portraits, im ok at editing ones as long as i dont have to change the face so far.

Been working on a custom sprite of my own using Vormav as a base but can't settle on any specific colors yet and not sure what i wanna do for his hair but I'll show you what i got so far for his portrait and sprite.

~Auranhiem

mav

December 14, 2009, 02:49:08 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Interesting sprite. I like the red and gold on the sprite a lot and I think a decent headswap will get this sprite looking damn good. As for the portrait--are those scars or wrinkles? He could also use a different chin and/or eyes. Keep up the good work.

Knox

December 15, 2009, 12:56:33 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Knox
I'm still toying with his features and i was just trying to make it look different but it will take some time on that.
As for the head i wanted to make my own custom hair and head but we'll see how that will go.

I'm toying with this too, Except this is actually the first out of hundreds of attempts to find a decent fix to the uglyness that is chapter 4 ramza I've had. I just am having a little trouble with the mid-side view.

Messed with him some more, did a grey version not sure about it though, might stick with his original colors outside the chest.

Tried something Ryu mentioned in IRC though it doesn't seem to fix the overall issue i see in it. There's still something off about it, and i still think i like the lighter version better.

And I think I've got it now:
~Auranhiem

Kagebunji

December 15, 2009, 01:51:41 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
1. It has not enough shades, add 4th or it won't look well.
2. Whar are you trying to accomplish?
3. It looks far too flat, for solution look at point number 1.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Knox

December 15, 2009, 02:48:05 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Knox
Well atleasts its better in some ways then the original chapter 4 ramza.
Though the back views look terrible in Shishi.
The reason i didn't use more shades is because i was trying to use what the palette already has in it so i wouldnt have to do a bunch of tiny little edits.
I'll work on it some more later, im a bit frustrated with it atm. lol
~Auranhiem

Knox

December 16, 2009, 10:52:04 am #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Knox
Here's another attempt of mine, a bit different then my last few and somewhat similar to my earlier stuff.

The main thing i see wrong with my attempts is the lack of color schemes ( some attempts ive not posted at all. ) and it ends up looking plain, though there are some minor issues with some pieces of the copypasta shoulders i need help fixing as my vision is narrow and its hard for me sometimes to see what im doing wrong.

~Auranhiem

mav

December 16, 2009, 11:27:44 am #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
If you could work out a suitable color scheme, this could be nice. I mean, it'll take some extensive work, but if it's not worth the time, then I dunno...

I don't see any noticeable problem with the shoulders, other than there being too much shade around his neckline.

Knox

December 16, 2009, 11:45:50 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Knox
Yeah its an ongoing work, the good thing about the chest and shoulders its easy to change those without having to go over the entire sprite mostly, and even more easier about it is all the shoulder pieces are on the sephiroth sprite so its pretty much copy and paste there.

What i really hate are Ramza Chapter 4's Boots!!!!

Anyways, Mav, you got IRC? you should hop into the FFH channel.

Did his and it looks pretty sweet,

it will be a very painful long work though but if it gets good review i might consider it- i will of course need some help along the way to make it look good :D
~Auranhiem

Kagebunji

December 16, 2009, 05:13:35 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Meh, those boots aren't looking good on him, and those pixels above boots look strange and chaotic. I like your first version, with blue boots, just add one more shade to shoulders. Good job either way.

mav

December 16, 2009, 06:10:37 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
The design is a little convoluted, in my opinion. The boots don't look bad, but those gold rims in the thigh area (i.e. below the waist) are making them look too strange.

woodenbandman

December 16, 2009, 06:27:32 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
+1, better with normal legs

Asmo X

December 16, 2009, 11:57:26 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Knox: that entire torso doesn't make a lick of sense. The diagonal in particular looks really bad. What is that mess of gray above each leg supposed to be?

Knox

December 17, 2009, 12:22:39 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Knox
Wow, i actually thought those boots were a nice change to those really crappy looking ones he had, but i totally see where you guys are coming from. I'll have to either find some better ones to use or dump the idea.
As for the torso, it doesn't make sense on the mid-side view, but its meant to be a sort of chainmail look and i guess it just doesn't look right.

As for my custom sprite i was working on i got most of it fairly done, just need to find some grounds to make it a little more unique; other then that i think it actually looks pretty good.

Not sure to go still not so great with potraits so i sunk in Delita2's for now, but its not in it right because i dont have the proper programs to insert it.

Obviously this guy is an older fellow and i did make an attempt at a potrait, just not sure hiw to make it unique looking.

These were all ones i did for it, but the last two are the ones i was working with more likely, still not really sure what to do.
~Auranhiem

woodenbandman

December 17, 2009, 02:32:06 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
Hair looks too light.

Knox

December 17, 2009, 02:50:32 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Knox
The hair is the one thing i dont want to change, its perfect!
The issue im having is personalizing it further to where its not just a head swap.
Thought about an eye-patch, but nah would be too cliche, no?
Could put a design on his cloth, but that wouldnt make much customization.

Redoing the armored arms would just be biting off Voldemort.

Personally i like it how it is, but i want to make atleast 1 sprite thats something new for FFH peeps.

( And i seriously can't do the portrait for the life of me. )
~Auranhiem

mav

December 17, 2009, 03:00:23 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
I think the hair on the sprite looks fine. If you're thinking about adding designs to the clothes, that would definitely make this sprite look unique; none of the Shrine Knights have designs on their robes. Take a look at Ch. 1 Wiegraf, Beowulf, Aliste, or Zalbag for some ideas (Zalbag and Wiegraf have the best looking capes, in my opinion). Eye patches are tough and a bit cliche, but beards aren't--maybe you could give this guy a goatee or something.

As for the portrait, it's gonna take a little bit of time: both those heads are at angles, thus you can't just pick around for eyes, face shape, etc: you need to borrow the few existing faces that match and modify them extensively. I like the ones on the right a lot. A different chin will get everything set. Balk, perhaps?

Knox

December 17, 2009, 03:05:52 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Knox
Yeah balks might work, however the issue is making it fit into the sprite without hacing palette issues, I'd have to pull up Vormav's file and take his face out, fix the palette to match mine, then copy it onto the face ive been working on, and thats alot of little painting i just don't have the patience for right now so it will probably be a while if ever. For now thought im just using chapter 2 Delita's face for it.
~Auranhiem

Kagebunji

December 17, 2009, 03:20:44 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Leave the hair as it is, it looks good. My suggestion is to change colors of armor, gold just screams "shrine knight", try some colors we see less often. Otherwise it looks good, I like the hair colors.