• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:52:45 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

translate to Indonesian

Started by Joneszt Beoulve, February 19, 2020, 06:24:56 pm

Joneszt Beoulve

Hello there i am a big of final fantasy tactics can i translate all dialog in this game into Indonesian? I have tried with tool fftachtext but i can't find all dialog in that's tool, sorry if my English is bad, thanks to all
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Quote from: Joneszt Beoulve on February 19, 2020, 06:24:56 pmHello there i am a big of final fantasy tactics can i translate all dialog in this game into Indonesian? I have tried with tool fftachtext but i can't find all dialog in that's tool, sorry if my English is bad, thanks to all

You would also need to edit every event, and all the images in bonus.bin

Joneszt Beoulve

Quote from: Elric on February 19, 2020, 07:37:51 pmYou would also need to edit every event, and all the images in bonus.bin
Which tool i must use for it

3lric

Quote from: Joneszt Beoulve on February 19, 2020, 08:12:36 pmWhich tool i must use for it

Well you need to edit the events and formatting manually 1 at a time. You can use EVSP for that part. There is a couple hundred events youll need to do.

You can use shishi (newest) and tactext for the rest

Joneszt Beoulve

Quote from: Elric on February 20, 2020, 12:00:06 amWell you need to edit the events and formatting manually 1 at a time. You can use EVSP for that part. There is a couple hundred events youll need to do.

You can use shishi (newest) and tactext for the rest
Pardon me, can you explain easily?

3lric

Quote from: Joneszt Beoulve on February 20, 2020, 03:30:44 amPardon me, can you explain easily?

I dont understand. I said what you needed to do. Search the forum for the tools i mentioned

Joneszt Beoulve

Quote from: Elric on February 20, 2020, 04:37:39 amI dont understand. I said what you needed to do. Search the forum for the tools i mentioned
Im so sorry if i disturb you, previous, i use tactext, but i can't find the dialogue story, then what must i do to edit dialogue of story, once again, I am so sorry

Nyzer

EVSP - Easy Vent Super Perfect 2.1. The topic linking it is pinned at the top of this Hacking/Patching Tools subforun.

From there, you have to translate the dialog for every single event, one by one.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Joneszt Beoulve

Quote from: Nyzer on February 20, 2020, 10:01:56 amEVSP - Easy Vent Super Perfect 2.1. The topic linking it is pinned at the top of this Hacking/Patching Tools subforun.

From there, you have to translate the dialog for every single event, one by one.
Just use EVSP i can translate all dialogue about the story right? Or use shishi and tactext too?

Xifanie

Quote from: Joneszt Beoulve on February 20, 2020, 12:22:58 pmJust use EVSP i can translate all dialogue about the story right? Or use shishi and tactext too?
They all edit different things. You can't translate the whole game with just one program.
TacText: Most text
Shishi: Graphical text
EVSP: Events/Cutscenes/Battles
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Joneszt Beoulve

Quote from: Xifanie on February 20, 2020, 02:22:24 pmThey all edit different things. You can't translate the whole game with just one program.
Quote from: Nyzer on February 20, 2020, 10:01:56 amEVSP - Easy Vent Super Perfect 2.1. The topic linking it is pinned at the top of this Hacking/Patching Tools subforun.

Quote from: Elric on February 20, 2020, 04:37:39 amI dont understand. I said what you needed to do. Search the forum for the tools i mentioned

Thanks all for helping me, sorry if it has bothered you'll

Joneszt Beoulve

Quote from: Xifanie on February 20, 2020, 02:22:24 pmThey all edit different things. You can't translate the whole game with just one program.
New problem, how to compile .evt to iso

Xifanie

You can import TEST.EVT back with CD Mage. It is located in the EVENT\ directory.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Joneszt Beoulve

Quote from: Xifanie on February 22, 2020, 09:07:19 amYou can import TEST.EVT back with CD Mage. It is located in the EVENT\ directory.
In this case is not support the symbol ' - ' ?

3lric

Quote from: Joneszt Beoulve on February 23, 2020, 12:11:59 amIn this case is not support the symbol ' - ' ?
for - you have to use instead {D11D}

Joneszt Beoulve

Quote from: Elric on February 23, 2020, 03:47:11 amfor - you have to use instead {D11D}
Why in every event have some re dialogue?, Than i was translate it but it doesn't work

Xifanie

Quote from: Joneszt Beoulve on February 23, 2020, 04:12:42 amWhy in every event have some re dialogue?, Than i was translate it but it doesn't work
The US release of the game has events padded with dummy text, you should delete it all before you start translating.
EVSP comes with all events with the dummy text already cut out, and I do believe the 2 buggy events that were improperly edited have been fixed since then.

You can see which text is used based on the DisplayMessage and ChangeDialog IDs used in the event. But yeah, since you're just translating, make your like easier with the folder that comes with EVSP.

Joneszt Beoulve

Quote from: Xifanie on February 23, 2020, 10:33:37 amThe US release of the game has events padded with dummy text, you should delete it all before you start translating.
EVSP comes with all events with the dummy text already cut out, and I do believe the 2 buggy events that were improperly edited have been fixed since then.

You can see which text is used based on the DisplayMessage and ChangeDialog IDs used in the event. But yeah, since you're just translating, make your like easier with the folder that comes with EVSP.
And than choose the psx folder or complete folder to start translate?

Xifanie

Complete uses the WotL translation which is less accurate in most regards and severely lack clarity compared to the original PSX version by introducing many elements that never were part of the original Japanese script...

Still, I don't think you should translate anything but from Japanese to Indonesian, but if you really have to start from English, PSX translation it is.

Joneszt Beoulve

February 23, 2020, 04:55:40 pm #19 Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 06:46:06 pm by Joneszt Beoulve
Quote from: Xifanie on February 23, 2020, 01:11:18 pmComplete uses the WotL translation which is less accurate in most regards and severely lack clarity compared to the original PSX version by introducing many elements that never were part of the original Japanese script...

Still, I don't think you should translate anything but from Japanese to Indonesian, but if you really have to start from English, PSX translation it is.
Than i must translate use the psx folder in EVSP, which is no dummy text in psx folder, right?