• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: Complete Main Info thread

Started by Cheetah, April 07, 2009, 11:52:40 pm

Heian

Fenrir, I have the Japanese FFT, and the generic soldier quotes are fixed based on whatever the soldier's name was when you hired them.  For example, in my party, I had a Constance, who would say that her boyfriend had been eaten by a Marlboro!  I also had a Kazim (or Casim, or Kasseem, etc.) -- I forget what his quote was, but I mainly used him because a character with that name is in the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, where, fighting with Indy on a boat heading for a swirling propeller, he utters one of the best lines in movie history:

Indy: "Talk or we'll both die!"
Kazim: "My soul's prepared. How's yours?"

So I liked imagining my Kazim charging into battle, you know?

Anyway.   I thought those quotes had been restored in the English WotL.  If they haven't, Cheetah, please use the ones I translated eight years ago, and I can archaicize them a bit if you like (or someone else with more skill can).

Did Eternal translate them from the original, or just make up fitting quotes?  Not to deride someone's work, but I'd rather see translations than totally-made-up stuff.

Cheetah

The quotes that Eternal did are for the spell quotes. Essentially he took the original US spell quotes and just added some WotL flare to them. I will admit that I was very suspect at first, but I believe that they turned out quite well. I will look for the thread that contains them all so you can take at look at them Heian and give your opinion.

That is really cool that the character quotes stay consistant. That is probably an unknown byte in save data and in game that we never understood haha. For now no more talk about these formation screen quotes till I confirm that we don't already have them working.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

You're.... right, heh. My mistake... I read that I thought Heian didn't think they were in WotL and the only quotes I could remember not being in WotL was the Spell Quotes.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

Heian: Eternal's attempt at the spell quotes starts on page 18 of this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2686&start=340
Tell us what you think.
Current Projects:

Heian

Cheetah, those look great!  Do you have the originals around for comparison?

Fenrir90

Something that I just remembered and re-check one of my save games, when a unit has too much faith. At the end of battle, he/she will say a block of text. The text appears after you get the money and items gained after battle.

On my game, Alicia has a faith of 85.

WARNING

Alicia
Changing the world alone seems arrogant to me...

In that game, Alicia was a magic unit. I was shifting Alicia into different magic classes (White Mage, Black Mage, Summoner, etc). Depending on the action she took during battle (offensive Alicia, defensive Alicia, etc), she said a variety of different things at the end of battle. I'll need to experiment more to see the different quotes. I wonder if having low brave triggers a warning for units. Again, I don't know if you guys were aware of this or not, just though I'll mention it to you guys. Since you guys are doing a re-translating of the whole thing.

Heian, do you mean the original Japanese spell quotes? I would like to see what the original Japanese spell quotes are. I have never played FFXII, but aren't the Lucavi in that game called Espers?

Shiva: "Esper of the North Winds, freeze all! Diamond Dust!"
Ramuh: "Esper of Raging Storms, impart thy help! Judgment Bolt!"
Ifrit: "Esper of Hellflames, scorch the enemy! Hellfire!"
Titan: "Esper of Hallowed Earth, tear the heavens asunder! Gaia's Rage!"

I would rather have all the original Japanese spell quotes converted into English, and put into the game... but that's just my personal preference.

Heian

Fenrir, I've never seen that!  So she says different things while still on the battlefield, but after you've won?

I never raised anyone's Bravery or Faith that high so I never got to see anything like that.

The Espers in FFXII are -- in some cases -- the Zodiac Demons in FFT.  Belias, Hashmal, etc. are in both, but other Espers like Mateus and Exdeath and Zeromus are in FFXII but aren't in FFT.

The beings that FFT (and most FF games in general) call Espers actually have their names given to airships and other military vehicles.  The Leviathan is a major Archadian airship; the Bahamut is a giant floating fortress; Ifrit and Ramuh (IIRC) give their names to classes of war airships.  Some minor single-person vehicles get names like Remora, Antlion, and Tonberry.  Very clever!

As for the spell quotes, Cheetah, can you pull them out of the game so that we can look them over?  Eternal's certainly sound good so maybe where he used artistic license, they can be adjusted to reflect what's actually in the original.

Fenrir90

Here are some more quotes.

I used Alicia as an offensive unit, used two summon magic spells (Titan and Zodiac) during the course of the battle.

In this battle, I used Alicia to support my other units, I just kept casting Haste on the other units.

I simple didn't do anything with Alicia in this battle, I simply just used the "Wait" command over and over again right to the end of the battle.

Heian

Fenrir, looks like they're using random "faith is getting high" quotes.

Anyone see those in WotL?

Cheetah

Translation Help Heian

{Color 08}Debug{Close}現在の設定{Close}AT{Newline}
Unit List{Newline}
Option{Close}{Close}{Color 08}フラグ番号{Color 00}を入力{Close}{Color 08}フラグ値{Color 00}を入力{Close}{Color 08}マップ番号{Color 00}を入力{Close}現在の設定{Newline}
フラグ番号 {0xE4}{Newline}
フラグ値  {0xE4}{Newline}
マップ番号 {0xE4}{Close}エフェクトを実行{Newline}
{Color 08}エフェクト番号{Color 00}を入力{Close}</Entry>
            <Entry>{Color 08}SYSTEM ERROR{Color 00}{Newline}
コ--ド {0xE4} {0xE4} {0xE4}{Newline}
担当者 {0xEB} </Entry>
            <Entry>むらた</Entry>
            <Entry>おがた</Entry>
            <Entry>すずき</Entry>
            <Entry>むらかみ</Entry>
            <Entry>おの</Entry>
            <Entry>くぼ</Entry>
            <Entry>つちだ</Entry>
            <Entry>いわさき</Entry>
            <Entry>Move{Newline}
{Color 04}Act{Newline}
{Color 00}Wait{Newline}
Status{Newline}
Auto-battle{Close}{Color 04}Move{Newline}
Act{Newline}
{Color 00}Wait{Newline}
Status{Newline}
Auto-battle{Close}SEをならします{Newline}
{Color 08}SE番号{Color 00}を入力{Close}マップロ--ド{Close}マップチェンジ{Close}フラグ番号設定{Close}フラグ値設定{Close}マップ番号設定{Close}現在の設定確認{Close}エフェクト実行{Close}SEテスト{Close}環境音テスト{Close}曲テスト{Close}アニメテスト{Close}座標をひろう{Close}ワ--ルドマップ{Close}MDLアニメ{Close}TXTアニメ{Close}キ--の設定{Close}エントリテスト{Close}{Close}{Close}12 Max equip at Job change{Close}Unit{Newline}
Panel{Newline}
Quit{Close}{Close}Execute{Newline}
Quit{Close}{Close}{Close}マップX {0xE4}{Newline}
マップZ {0xE4}{Newline}
マップY {0xE4}{Close}{Close}{Close}{Color 04}----------------{Close}モデル{Newline}
トラック{Newline}
{Color 08}実行{Close}曲をならします{Newline}
{Color 08}曲番号{Color 00}を入力してください{Close}Execute{Newline}
Quit{Close}{0xEB}{Close}ID{Newline}
トラック{Newline}
{Color 08}実行{Close}マップ番号{Newline}
エントリ番号{Newline}
{Color 08}実行{Close}{Close}Move{Newline}
Wait{Newline}
Status{Close}{Color 04}Move{Newline}
{Color 00}Wait{Newline}
Status{Close}Cデ'レイ{Newline}
Cピッチ{Newline}
LRピッチ{Newline}
Sデ'レイ{Newline}
Sスピ--ド1{Newline}
Sスピ--ド2{Newline}
{Color 08}設定{Close}シェイプ番号{Newline}
アニメ番号{Newline}
{Color 08}実行{Close}1{Close}2{Close}4{Close}8{Close}Attack{Newline}
Quit{Close}Defend{Newline}

<Section>
            <Entry>T了JよT5き</Entry>
         </Section>
         <Section>
            <Entry>T了JよT5き</Entry>
         </Section>
         <Section>
            <Entry>T了JよT5き</Entry>
         </Section>
         <Section>
            <Entry>T了JよT5き</Entry>

Spell Quotes:
I am going to make a new topic for this with all the current quotes organized so that we can decide what to do about them.

Unit Quotes were included in WotL and thus are already in FFT:C. Examples:

Once the war is over, I shall study music!
Monsters lay eggs, you know.
Be sure you are well stocked with potions!
Add 40 to your CT merely by selecting Wait.

The Faith/Brave Warning quotes are done already, here are some examples.

Fear gnaws ever at my heart
I do not wish to die!

Blood...always more blood. Even in sleep I find
no sanctuary, for it stains my dreams!

I beg you, will you not send another in my
place when next we face battle?

I...I see them! The eyes of my fallen
foemen--they watch me!
Current Projects:

Heian

Cheetah, here goes.  The "Map number: input" should really be "Input map number:, but I left the original word order because there's a color change in the middle, and I don't know how the game handles that if you move it around.  Also, the stuff at the very bottom is gibberish and so I left it as such. ^_^;

------

{Color 08}Debug{Close}Current Settings{Close}AT{Newline}
Unit List{Newline}
Option{Close}{Close}{Color 08}Flag Number: {Color 00}input {Close}{Color 08}Flag value: {Color 00}input {Close}{Color 08}Map number: {Color 00}input {Close}Current settings{Newline}
Flag number {0xE4}{Newline}
Flag value {0xE4}{Newline}
Map number {0xE4}{Close}Implement effect{Newline}
{Color 08}Effect number: {Color 00}input{Close}</Entry>
<Entry>{Color 08}SYSTEM ERROR{Color 00}{Newline}
Code {0xE4} {0xE4} {0xE4}{Newline}
Person in charge {0xEB} </Entry>
<Entry>Murata</Entry>
<Entry>Okada</Entry>
<Entry>Suzuki</Entry>
<Entry>Murakami</Entry>
<Entry>Ono</Entry>
<Entry>Kubo</Entry>
<Entry>Tsuchida</Entry>
<Entry>Iwasaki</Entry>
<Entry>Move{Newline}
{Color 04}Act{Newline}
{Color 00}Wait{Newline}
Status{Newline}
Auto-battle{Close}{Color 04}Move{Newline}
Act{Newline}
{Color 00}Wait{Newline}
Status{Newline}
Auto-battle{Close}Play sound effects{Newline}
{Color 08}Sound effect number: {Color 00}input{Close}Load map{Close}Change map{Close}Set flag number{Close}Set flag value{Close}Set map number{Close}Confirm current settings{Close}Implement effect{Close}SE test{Close}Test environment sounds{Close}Music test{Close}Animation test{Close}Pick up coordinates{Close}World map{Close}MDL animation{Close}TXT animation{Close}Set keys{Close}Entry test{Close}{Close}{Close}12 Max equip at Job change{Close}Unit{Newline}
Panel{Newline}
Quit{Close}{Close}Execute{Newline}
Quit{Close}{Close}{Close}Map X value {0xE4}{Newline}
Map Z value {0xE4}{Newline}
Map Y value {0xE4}{Close}{Close}{Close}{Color 04}----------{Close}Model{Newline}
Track{Newline}
{Color 08}Go{Close}Play songs{Newline}
{Color 08}Song number: {Color 00}please input{Close}Execute{Newline}
Quit{Close}{0xEB}{Close}ID{Newline}
Track{Newline}
{Color 08}Go{Close}Map number{Newline}
Entry number{Newline}
{Color 08}Go{Close}{Close}Move{Newline}
Wait{Newline}
Status{Close}{Color 04}Move{Newline}
{Color 00}Wait{Newline}
Status{Close}C Delay{Newline}
C Pitch{Newline}
LR Pitch{Newline}
S Delay{Newline}
S Speed 1{Newline}
S Speed 2{Newline}
{Color 08}Set{Close}Shape number{Newline}
Animation number{Newline}
{Color 08}Go{Close}1{Close}2{Close}4{Close}8{Close}Attack{Newline}
Quit{Close}Defend{Newline}

<Section>
<Entry>T了JよT5き</Entry>
</Section>
<Section>
<Entry>T了JよT5き</Entry>
</Section>
<Section>
<Entry>T了JよT5き</Entry>
</Section>
<Section>
<Entry>T了JよT5き</Entry>

Cheetah

Great work Heian. So this is looking like the text for currently accessable debug menu stuff plus menus for the debug stuff that was more than likely removed. The top stuff is the current known in battle debug menu stuff that was left untranslated. This might give us a few more hints as to what we are working with, but I'm not seeing anything really standing out. Except maybe the "Person in charge" item, the names following it look like options. Are those just normal Japanese names following that Heian? I wonder if they are testers or relate to something else, any ideas folks?

The later parts of this are really exciting looking, but like I said I'm thinking they have all been deactivated. I have read about what the prerelease debug menu did, and this looks exactly like it (examples citing rotating the map angle and such). Most of it looks just useful for testing, but there are a few options I'm curious about. Bottom line is that I think this stuff doesn't exist anymore but it is always fun to speculate. Like, what the heck is "MDL Animation" or "TXT animation" or "Shape Number"?
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

Hmm, that is definitely an interesting piece of info. Also is there any plans for translating the last Debug book?

Art of War

Heian

Cheetah, Japanese people love to make up their own Roman-alphabet abbreviations for things.  "MDL Animation" is probably "Model Animation" and "TXT Animation" is surely "Text Animation".  There was a "Play SE" which I assumed referred to Sound Effects, and translated it that way.

And those are indeed ordinary Japanese surnames.  Do they look familiar?  Staffers?  Testers?

LastingDawn

Very interesting stuff...

Murata was the name of the Main Programmer for FFT.

Okada is strangely not seen at all in the credits.

There are two Suzuki's in the credits. One is there for "additional programming" and the other was the sound programmer, really it could be either for them (or both?)

Murakami was an additional programmer.

Just as with Suzuki there is also two Ono's. One was the man responsible for Visual Effect Programming and the other was a Planner, once again it could have been either of them.

Kubo was an additional programmer

Tsuchida was as well an additional programmer

Iwasaki was the man in charge of the Event Programming (a lot of kudos to him...) I wonder why he's last on the list though? Eh, over thinking it. Any other references to the staff in these?

Art of War

Cheetah

Nice work both of you. It definitely appears that those might actually be the name of staff members, if for no other reason that I can't think what else they would be for. I like your thoughts on what the abbreviation are for Heian, they are all really logical.

Just for the sake of getting all the random Japanese text translated here is the hidden sixth sound novel that appears to be mostly garbage. Maybe you can uncover something though Heian. I will see if there is any other untranslated text lying around, but I don't believe there is. I'm still working on organizing the spell quotes, it might be challenging to get all the original Japanese ones. Is there anyway to post tables in a forum post?

サウンドノベル壁紙確認用プログラム{Newline}
03/19 バ--ジョン{Newline}
{Newline}
○ボタンで順送りできます.{Newline}
{Newline}
ボス?{Newline}
{Begin List}1.bk44お試し{Newline}
2.どと--の壁紙130連発{Newline}
3.メニュ--2へ{End List}{Close}

どっちでやる?{Newline}
 {Newline}
{Begin List}1.bk126{Newline}
2.bk127{Newline}
3.テスト終了{End List}{Close}

どっちでやる?{Newline}
 {Newline}
{Begin List}1.03/07{Newline}
2.03/06{Newline}
3.メニュ--へ{End List}{Close}どっちでやる?{Newline}
 {Newline}
{Begin List}1.bk124{Newline}
2.bk125{Newline}
3.bk123{End List}{Close}

○ボタンで順送りできます.{Newline}
{Newline}
ボス?{Newline}
{Begin List}1.bk53お試し{Newline}
2.テスト終了{Newline}
3.背景テスト03/10{End List}{Close}
Current Projects:

Fenrir90

Cool Cheetah.

While browsing the Final Fantasy Wiki, I've come across this.

"An additional battle in War of the Lions includes Meliadoul confronting Cletienne about her father. Meliadoul will fight as an ally, even if the player does not recruit her after the battle with Zalera."

I don't know much about the PSP version, and I don't know where Meliadoul confronts Cletienne in that version. I know there's only 2 battles with Cletienne in PSone. Will this be included in FFT: Complete? Or will the text be included in the second battle if you have Meliadoul participate in battle? I know Meliadoul speaks to her father in the first encounter with Vormav at Murond Holy Place.

Edit: I came across this while checking the Person section, Delita's picture does not update (Holy Knight picture to Arc Knight picture). I check near the end of the game.

Dominic NY18

The confrontation between Meliadoul and Cletienne happens in Dorter, in the same place where you fight at the beginning of Chapter 2. It happens between the events in Limberry and Eagrose. Cletienne ambushes Ramza and Meliadoul saves him in the nick of time.

Heian

Cheetah, it actually isn't a novel, as you'll see:

Sound Novel Wallpaper Testing Program{Newline}
03/19 Version{Newline}
{Newline}
Use the ○ button to move forward.{Newline}
{Newline}
Boss?{Newline}
{Begin List}1. Test bk44{Newline}
2. Run through all 130 backgrounds{Newline}
3. To Menu 2{End List}{Close}

Use which one?{Newline}
{Newline}
{Begin List}1.bk126{Newline}
2.bk127{Newline}
3. End testing{End List}{Close}

Use which one?{Newline}
{Newline}
{Begin List}1. 03/07{Newline}
2. 03/06{Newline}
3. To Menu{End List}{Close}Use which one?{Newline}
{Newline}
{Begin List}1. bk124{Newline}
2. bk125{Newline}
3. bk123{End List}{Close}

Use the ○ button to move forward.{Newline}
{Newline}
Boss?{Newline}
{Begin List}1. Test bk53{Newline}
2. Finish testing{Newline}
3. Background test 03/10{End List}{Close}

Cheetah

Haha that is funny, yeah I didn't think it would actually be anything. Interesting to see how they were testing stuff out though.
Current Projects: