• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

A few questions regarding ASM/FFTorgASM

Started by meow, May 25, 2013, 07:51:19 pm

meow

Hi everyone :) I'm just starting out and have a few questions about ASM hacks!

1) Which hack should I use if I want elemental sword skills to use just that element and not the weapon's (e.g. Stasis Sword is holy, Night Sword is dark, etc.)? These are the three in FFTorgASM but I'm not sure which to use:

• Swordskill element strengthen and Dark/Night Sword elemental (fdc version)

• Swordskill element strengthen and Dark/Night Sword elemental

• Elemental Fix (v3) FIXES HOLY SWORD AND OIL

I was thinking about using the last one because I was going to include FFMaster's oil fix anyway but I'm not so sure about the weapon strike stuff. Are there better options that aren't part of the FFTorgASM pack? I'm looking for a hack that's the least "invasive" I guess.

2) Does the Broken/Stolen items can be bought back at Fur Shop hack include items broken using Samurai skills?

3) The description for the Blade Grasp hack says this:
QuoteBlade Grasp now only blocks weapons with ID W through W + X - 1 and weapons with ID Y through Y + Z - 1.
      Weapon Type List:
        00 = Fists
        01 = Daggers
        02 = Ninjato
        03 = Sword
        04 = Knight Sword
        05 = Katana
        06 = Axe
        07 = Rod
        08 = Staff
        09 = Flail
        0A = Gun
        0B = Crossbow
        0C = Bow
        0D = Instrument
        0E = Book
        0F = Spear
        10 = Stick/Pole
        11 = Bag
        12 = Carpet/Veil
        20 = Shuriken
        21 = Bomb
For example, if I want to block only bladed weapons, then I want to block Daggers through Axes and Spears.  This means I need to block IDs 01-06 and 0F.  Thus, W = 01, X = 06, Y = 0F, Z = 01.

Is that last part a typo? Shouldn't it be X = 07 because you have to subtract 01, or am I mistaken? If I wanted Blade Grasp to affect only non-projectiles would I have W = 00, X = 0A, Y = 0D, Z = 20?

Thank you for any help in advance :)

Choto

1. I'm not sure about this because I don't know how they function, maybe somebody else can clarify it.

2. I don't think those are included. I believe it's just ones that are stolen/broken by abilities.

3. That seems to be correct. Your best bet is to test it and adjust it if it's misbehaving.