• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

6 hours in still have no clue what im doing

Started by tru444, December 27, 2011, 03:22:15 pm

tru444

trying to make new jobs change job names figure out how to change the story for a new mod can any one tell me what all the numbers in the list mean like if i put 95 for job ability all the way across how can i  use it. can i put secret characters into my regular fft iso i have about a million questions completely new to this i gave up trying to make a sprite because i hate Photoshop 
                                                                                                                                                                      :gay:     man cant i just pay someone to make it for me  :mrgreen: stupid old computer at work cant even bring up the iso  :twisted:  idk any help here will be appreciated

3lric

December 27, 2011, 06:20:51 pm #1 Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:07:18 pm by Elric42
Well, the stuff your doing should be fairly simple since it seems like you are just doing FFTP stuff right now.

However,

To change names you need FFTactext

To change Story you use EasyVent.

And paying someone will probably not work lol, but you were proabably joking anyway. I can help you as much as i can,
but you need to take a deep breath and address one issue at a time bro

I would definitely suggest to stick with 1 thing until you get the hang of it and then move on to another, this way you
don't overwhelm yourself with trying to do to much at once

FYI: My first event took me 13 hours to do something that i could now do in less then an hour, its all about patience  :mrgreen:
so don't worry, your not doing anything wrong, you just need more time to review everything

• Modding version: PSX

tru444

thanks man i was getting a lil frustrated yesterday doing exactly that trying to learn all the programs all at once and figuring out none lol. im back clear headed today and ready to go. i will start with fftpatcher first question in fftacttext i know how to change the job name but how do i get it into the fftpatcher like if i change a mime to a knight how do i get it to show on the chart to set how many job levels you need to become that job.     

unrelated question if i change a monster sprite will that cause a crash like turning ultima into dart or a goblin into snake?

3lric

Quote from: tru444 on December 28, 2011, 09:01:45 am
thanks man i was getting a lil frustrated yesterday doing exactly that trying to learn all the programs all at once and figuring out none lol. im back clear headed today and ready to go. i will start with fftpatcher first question in fftacttext i know how to change the job name but how do i get it into the fftpatcher like if i change a mime to a knight how do i get it to show on the chart to set how many job levels you need to become that job.     

unrelated question if i change a monster sprite will that cause a crash like turning ultima into dart or a goblin into snake?

Sorry, seems you log in  ~30minutes after i go to sleep xD
In FFTPatcher you won't see the changes you make in FFTactext Reflected, You will only see them in the game, if you really Must see the changes in Patcher, then open up your rescources.zip in the FFTP folder and you can change the names of things in Shishi, FFTP and some other stuff there.. Keep in mind tho that this will only effect the patchers and will have no effect on the game since your only changing a name.

Second, I would recommend using a different class then mime, since ive heard abilities don't work correctly with them, perhaps due to hardcoding? i dunno thats a bit out of my league.

well if you change the thing that says MON underneath them to type 1 there shouldn't be an issue, tho i can't be positive about that. I suggest you come to the IRC channel via mibbit or whatever your preferred method may be, and ask some of these questions that i may not have been able to answer as well as i should've :P

Hope this helped a lil bit

tru444

its cool im here all day ok got the first part   the second part change mon to type 1 i think i got it in shi shi when i import the one i want just make sure its a type 1 right?  im not sure i was specific enough though the monsters i want to change are the bosses like velius if i turn him into a human you think it will glitch the game when he goes to transform.

3lric

I can't guarantee that it wont glitch depending on if they use an EVTCHR or not, but in theory, there shouldn't be any issues, i haven't tested this tho so i can't be positive, but with my knowledge on how events work as well as how things are  called during effects (like the "transforming") there should not be any issue with this.

Please report back with your findings on this weither you have issues or not :D

tru444

ok will do ill do my first test tonight by the way i just watched the video for the 5 looks great (hate zelda though) my idea was kinda like that still now im eager to play it when do you think the final version would be done? im not there yet but for my future reference when changing a scene or event do you know  is thier away to add choices to the game? for ex multiple endings depending on the choice things like that

3lric

December 29, 2011, 08:02:27 pm #7 Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:12:53 pm by Elric42
Quote from: tru444 on December 29, 2011, 11:15:04 am
ok will do ill do my first test tonight by the way i just watched the video for the 5 looks great (hate zelda though) my idea was kinda like that still now im eager to play it when do you think the final version would be done? im not there yet but for my future reference when changing a scene or event do you know  is thier away to add choices to the game? for ex multiple endings depending on the choice things like that

In a way yes lol, that can be done with event conditions which are done with the attack.out spreadsheet,
As for Jot5, the Chapter 1 should be out soon lol its essentially done event wise, just need balancing and abilities and such.
Which video did you watch? I have a TON of them
You hate Zelda? do you mean the Series? since i don't believe she was in any of my public videos

tru444

I JUST WATCHED THE INTRO THE SLOW MO JUMP WITH DANTE WAS PROBABLY THE BEST CUT SCENE IVE EVER SEEN ON FFT. I NEVER LIKED THE SERIES I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ZELDA WAS A GIRL I THOUGHT LINK WAS ZELDA

3lric

January 03, 2012, 09:36:11 am #9 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:49:50 am by Elric42
Quote from: tru444 on January 03, 2012, 09:12:01 am
I JUST WATCHED THE INTRO THE SLOW MO JUMP WITH DANTE WAS PROBABLY THE BEST CUT SCENE IVE EVER SEEN ON FFT. I NEVER LIKED THE SERIES I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ZELDA WAS A GIRL I THOUGHT LINK WAS ZELDA

Hahaha thanx man, and yea the character is Link lol Zelda is the Princess :P

and if you think that was cool, you should see the Decapitation that Kokojo did in CoP