• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Official Sprite Contest: Alma Gets a Job

Started by Cheetah, July 04, 2011, 02:13:49 pm

Cheetah

@Sarbs: Nice improvements. There is still something a little funky about the neck alignment, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
@Dark Lepurcan: All entries require at least one Side-Front angle, you only have Side for Santa Alma. It is a nice concept btw. As Lijj mentioned the wizard got a little funky, though it creates an interesting chibi look.
@Wolf: I actually really like the Alma Aran. Did you want to enter your YMCA club as a single entry?
Current Projects:

Wolfran

Sure, Cheetah. I think it doesn't work if they aren't together.
Update Alma Aran: I edited some minor details.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Wiz

July 19, 2011, 03:43:43 pm #82 Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:56:21 pm by Wiz
Title: Sexy Angel

Story: Ramza took longer than expected to defeat Balk and once doing so, he shortly found Hashmalum, who went out on patrol, and slayed him effortlessly with the help of LOL ORLANDU'S assistance. Once he reached the Graveyard of Airships, he saw that Altima was resurrected who danced to her new sexy body that she received. Without a second thought in mind, Ramza silently crept up behind the demon and slew her with his purple (GAY) Chaos Blade and freed Alma as well as caused Altima to explode into billions of pieces. Unfortunately, nobody (including the Thunder God) survived, or so we think :P

Sources: Altima I [SQUARE], Ramza Ch. 1 [SQUARE], Sunglasses [CUSTOM]

I know improvements can be made such as the left arm (our right) by making it fuller (if that makes any sense) as well as the neck where it seems as if she doesn't have one, and possibly the shades that she dons.

With that said, tell me what you think (2 hours into it maybe) I could've done to make it better (include anything that I left out from my n00bish assessment >_>) and appear cleaner because I actually won't be able to edit it anymore today since I've got to go to a baseball game that I've been dragged into X(

Regardless, I'm happy that I at least threw something together and entered anyways.

If you guys don't like the sprite in general, hope you like the idea at the very least :D

Edit: Just realized, that one pixel at the bottom of Altima's Right leg stands out quite a bit XD
Edit 2: Shoot, almost forgot, if anyone's wondering about Ramza's strange hue, it's because of the Regen effect from the Chao's Blade ;)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Dark Lepurcan

July 19, 2011, 06:55:21 pm #83 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:41:13 am by Dark Lepurcan
This is my improvement for  Santa Alma you actually see her face

Dark Lepurcan

July 19, 2011, 07:59:13 pm #84 Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:01:38 pm by Dark Lepurcan
Assassin Creed Alma here is my next entree hope you like. you cant see Alma though
Custom+Meliadoul+Alma

Cheetah

@Dark Lepurcan: I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I think you need to spend a bit more time with these. What graphics editing program are you using btw? Wizard Alma is still sloppy, even if you are going for the Chibi look. Santa Alma doesn't actually have Alma's head. Assassins Creed is a cool idea, but it needs to be cleaned up and be recognizable as Alma. Just spend a little bit more time refining these, your ideas are good but these are just too rushed. I'm also suspecting that you need a bit more practice with your graphics editing tools.

@Wiz: I need a 100% zoom version or it can't count. Bizarre idea btw haha.

Current Projects:

Dark Lepurcan

sorry I know i need practice these are my first 3 using GIP

Eternal

Please try not to double post, Dark. Our posting system has an Edit feature. :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Lijj

It's ok Dark Lepurcan, we appreciate your posts and all of these ideas. We know you're new to pixel art we aren't trying to be mean ; our responses are only to help you.
  • Modding version: PSX

Wiz

July 19, 2011, 11:57:22 pm #89 Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:58:09 pm by Wiz

Here it is at 100%.

Does the deadline mean 7/20/11 at midnight EST? You should clarify this because if that's the case, then I got this in in the nick of time :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

July 19, 2011, 11:59:54 pm #90 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:03:42 am by Cheetah
Do you mean GIMP? That is a pretty common editor, I think quite a few of our spriters use it. Graphics Gale is also pretty highly recommended. No worries, you will never learn unless you keep practicing and that is exactly what you are doing. Keep up the good work.

@Wiz: Thanks for pointing that out!

Dead Line Reminder:

All submissions must be in by July 20th at 11:59 PM or 23:59. This means that there are just over 24 hours left in the competition. This thread will be edited or a new thread will be open for all members to cast a vote through a poll.
Current Projects:

Mando

July 20, 2011, 02:17:39 am #91 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:08:23 pm by Mando
Red Mage Alma

Body Used "Squire" by Square (Square Enix now)

The hat someone else made originally... not sure who I can't find where the sprite sheet is located for this anymore... anyways I touched it up and did some recoloring... I made the face/hair look as much like Alma as possible.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Eternal

Updated my first post with the necessary info.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Cheetah

@Eternal: Great thanks.

@Mando: This is a very slick looking entry. It needs citations though.
Current Projects:

Mando

Ok Cheetah I added the Citation as accurately as I know =x

Dark Lepurcan

Quote from: Dark Lepurcan on July 19, 2011, 06:55:21 pm
This is my improvement for  Santa Alma you actually see her face

The last one is my iprovment

Dark Lepurcan

July 20, 2011, 09:59:10 am #96 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:00:26 am by Dark Lepurcan
this is my improvement for wizard sorry its so big......   

Cheetah

These are looking better Dark Lepurcan, nice work.
Current Projects:

Mando

Oh cheetah did my "citation" of sorts do the trick?

Cheetah

Yes that is fine Mando, I know what sprite you are referring too and I could never figure out where it came from either.
Current Projects: