• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:33:54 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Help with editing? :<

Started by iv2b, February 21, 2013, 09:34:41 am

iv2b

Hello,i recently started to play again all my GBA games,because every day i have 120 minutes spent on a bus...so i needed something to do while waiting.
I've finally picked FFTA back on,but i've finished it fast,and i feel like using a NDS would be silly...so,anyway,i tried to mod FFTA using darth's AiO editor...however...after doing some easy edits,such as starting guil and prices...i've tried to edit jobs,and their abilities;however it didn't go well.
I have no way to choose the abilities i'd like to use in a job: so to pick one of the "later ones" i have to choose them all,and then i'd have to edit weapons just for the job! that'd take a whole day <.<
Additionally,i'm afraid that setting a job to be overpowered would then turn against me when the AI uses that job... :s

Is there a way i can add a whole new job using darth's editor? and can i make the job learn the abilities in a very fast way without using the full day setting it?
Thank in advance for any answers.

P.s. I've really no experience with any kind of editing,i've seen somewhere people answering about hex editing and such...just no way i could do anything related to that x)

Eternal

Unfortunately, to change job and ability names, you will need to learn how to hex edit.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

iv2b

Thank you for replying,i don't need to change the abilities' names,i'm trying to make myself being able to have a class with every ability aviable to that race: i was thinking of editing the beastmaster,as the AI would have no purpose to use it against me,so i won't see an incredibly powerful enemy against me...however setting all abilities (to something like 10 AP,to learn them fast...setting the AP needed to 0 doesn't work) and editing an item to learn them all faster would take an entire day <.<

So,i'm trying to achieve a strong job,with any ability aviable,at the shortest time possible,that i won't meet as enemy; is it possible without hex or without spending a whole day with Darth's editor? :s

AugustDrake

I myself am just starting to wade into hex editing, but a lot of it is very overwhelming and I don't even know how to begin to start. I've seen some tutorials, but they seem to be for people who don't know how hex addresses work in the first place. I'm having problems determining what "the next step" is in the learning process. Furthermore, the idea of ASM hacks seem interesting (and I've worked with ASM before but for much different things and that was a long time ago); can anyone point me in the right direction for how to get started with that? Rooting through the tools seems to be good for a start, but I don't know where to go from there.

I'm more interested in DS hacking than GBA, so both are relevant to me.  :oops: