• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:01:04 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Exp Change?

Started by thisisstupid999, August 15, 2010, 11:41:25 pm

thisisstupid999

I want to make things harder and edit Exp income. Is it possible to do this? If so, how? I've looked through FFTPatcher, and found nothing.

ffta707

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't EXP based on the Levels of the characters being attacked, or attacking? As far as I know, it would require some major ASM hacking. But that is a pretty good Idea.

Jon

In FFT leveling up isn't really the goal to begin with. I would change the JP to higher amounts to make it more difficult. Also change the prices of weapons and items. If you want, you could also easily change the stat gains of the jobs, that would probably make things in game extremely tough. And lower Brave and Faith levels of everything including monsters. So increase JP and Gil purchases, stat gains and Brave/Faith.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

ffta707

Well, 1.3 would kind of cover that perspective.

thisisstupid999

Even though I know how, I'd rather not screw with the Jp, Gil, Bravery, and Faith amounts. I'm fine with them. I want to take the Exp and lower the amounts when you KO an enemy. I don't like it how you get more Exp for kills, because that always makes my strongest guys get all the kills and then they get all the Exp and leave all the other units in the dust. I usually have the biggest problem with Ramza. He's stronger than all generics and gets all the Exp, and then I find myself having to grind all the time with my poor generics, leaving Ramza out of all the battles.

I don't want to use Asm either, due to my system being a PSP, not PSX. I like the PSP version better, but everyone here seems to like PSX better, so almost everything on this website is desined for PSX, for instance, Asm. If you use Asm at all on a PSP ISO, it usually crashes the game the same way it does with TacText; when an enemy becomes a crystal...wait, I figured out how to fix that problem last night...(Change the Crystal Battle Message to "...")...I wonder if Asm will work now? I'll try it out.

ffta707

Bottom line is, without some sort of ASM, this is not possible.

Jon

I am not sure how to make enemies give less exp, and I imagine the process would be hard at best. Also, most people like the PSX version better because it is easier to test whatever you make, because all you havta do is patch an iso and play it in an emulator. Quick and simple. Also, the dialogue is easier to follow and sometimes funny with the incorrect English. Just my opinion though. Also, ffta707 is right, you could just patch your PSP version (I believe) with the 1.3 patch, this will make the game considerably harder (still not hard enough for me though imo). Another idea would be is I think somewhere under the ENTD tab you can change the random monster stats so they always appear at your level, never did this myself though so this might do nothing, I dunno.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

ffta707

Your not in good shape here "Thisisstupid" because psp ASM hacks crash the game sadly. But I hope we helped a little.

thisisstupid999

I know. That always makes me mad. I like a lot of the ASM hacks, but can't use them. A lot of them are great ideas, but once again, I cannot use them. Maybe in the future someone will come out with a new version that will be compatible with PSP.

ffta707

No doubt on that. With the great ASM hackers on this site one day it will happen. But as for now, it really sucks. I wish there was an asm that sped up the game play...

thisisstupid999

Yeah you're probably right. Everyone's going crazy with ASM. I guess it's the new big thing, which I'm fine with. I just want it to be compatible with the PSP version, and I want it to be able to cut off the extra Exp learned when you get a kill. It annoys me so.

ffta707

I agree. The exp rate is high. I'm sure there is a function somewhere in the ISO.

thisisstupid999

I had never really thought about changing it until this week...

VampragonLord

asm party level +10 to party level -10 or some such, then edit growths as a whole to be less effective? if thatd work <.<

theoretically youd gain LESS exp per hit, so you would level less often, and your growths would make the gaps between you and enemies much less, so the actual level gap doesnt matter that much.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

thisisstupid999

It does if only one unit is getting all the kills! But that does make me think of something: another good idea would be that if you succesfully attacked an enemy that's only 1 level lower than you, you should get 9 exp, right? Well maybe I could just lower the amount of Exp on levels, like attacking a unit 1 level lower than me I instead get 8 exp, or something. You get the picture.