• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 06:48:43 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

List of Text Related To Jobs

Started by Robrain, October 20, 2012, 07:04:57 am

Robrain

So I'm basically working on some blueprints for my first mod, and I could use some help to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

This weekend, I want to go through and write out all the new text for the new job classes I'm coming up with.

I want to make sure I'm not overlooking any text related to the generic job classes (or non-generic job classes).

So far my checklist is:
+Job Name
+Job Description
+Skillset Name
+Description of the Skillset
+Ability Names within the Skillset
+Descriptions of Abilities within the Skillset
+Quotes said by characters when using those Abilities
+Formation Screen Quote for non-Generic Characters/Classes

I feel like I'm almost certainly missing some of the text related to the jobs themselves.  Is there anything within the Brave Story about the generic job classes?  I really have to go through the Brave Story and read it from top to bottom.  Maybe I can get that done this weekend too.

Thanks all.

yrogerg

Job requirements are missing. Go in FFTactext, open your iso then go in Text option there is a QuickEdit option. Every thing is in there even though you still have to change everything else.
Me, staring back at you!

3lric

Make sure you backup the attack.out after you apply tactext changes. Because if you import a attack.out with map/event changes it'll change your names back, unless you backup after tactext and use that attack.out to edit with the attack.out GUI or spreadsheet
  • Modding version: PSX

Robrain

Quote from: yrogerg on October 20, 2012, 07:24:01 am
Job requirements are missing. Go in FFTactext, open your iso then go in Text option there is a QuickEdit option. Every thing is in there even though you still have to change everything else.

You know, when you said "Job requirements", I thought you just meant like "Level 2 Squire".  I never realized until I was in FFTactext the other day that there's actually a good quantity of text to go along with it.  Thanks.