• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 27, 2024, 09:21:44 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Uhm... Where can I find sprites?

Started by xSlacker, October 19, 2012, 02:53:45 pm

xSlacker

I saw many beautiful CUSTOM sprites in the download section. But where can I find the ORIGINAL ones? The ones that come with the game (ramza, delita etc etc).

As it seems you people have the COMPLETE sprte sheets of the characters, the only ones I have ever found are the ones covering everything except ATTACKING, which I found on some spriting sites.

Would be thankful if you could point me in the right direction. :)

PS: I saw there is "sprites" in the Resources section of the main site, but how do I download them? :o
I am new here (registered just now to ask this question).

Also, do forgive me if this has been asked before, I tried searching, but I don't have much skills in forums searching. :s

Choto

The Sprites section in the main page has them in .spr form. I think the only program that can make use of those is ShiShiSpriteEditor. This program comes with the FFTPatcher Suite V.482. It should be in Final Fantasy Tactics Hacking --> Important Links. When you open ShiShi, you can open an Iso.. and it will list all the battle sprites in the game. Then you can import/export the .spr or .bmp files into the iso through the program.

xSlacker

So how can I download these ".spr" files?
Or do I have to rip them from the game iso? (Iso as in a CD-Image?)

yrogerg

Quote from: xSlacker on October 19, 2012, 03:46:02 pm
So how can I download these ".spr" files?

In the sprite section in the top right corner of the "sprite window" there is a bmp and spr links.
Me, staring back at you!

xSlacker

Quote from: yrogerg on October 19, 2012, 03:53:50 pm
In the sprite section in the top right corner of the "sprite window" there is a bmp and spr links.

Uhm... I can only find this when I'm looking at a Custom Sprite. :s

Isn't this the right section?
http://ffhacktics.com/spr.php

But when I click one of the links leading to the sprite file I only see a "preview image". No download link or anything. :s

yrogerg

Hmm which sprites you want?

The very best solution is to download the clean iso of fftactics and leave it as a backup somewhere in your pc if anything happens that cant be undone.
Me, staring back at you!

Choto

wierd... honestly i've never gotten sprites from that section. It's much easier to just use ShiShi and open the Iso (yes, CD image). Sorry, I assumed you were working on an emulator.

This is what you want: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7163.140#msg172663

download the .rar, extract it, then open up ShiShi, then open up an FFT .iso or .img... and you can export/import whatever sprites you want.

Xifanie

FFHacktics will not distribute copyrighted material xSlacker, sorry but you'll really have to get the sprites yourself as Choto mentioned.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

xSlacker

Okay, I'm working on using ShiShiSpriteEditor.
Thanks for your help, though. :)