• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Jon

Zack = Goku
Ka meh ha meh ha!

The portrait of Zack I might use as a base and change the hair when the time comes. The time is NOT now! Actually, I should get back to work on Zack. Haven't done diddly squat since last update xD
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Cheetah

Is it just me or are all the eyes on these portraits too small? Vincent and Yuffie are my favorites out of them, Zack and Cloud are terrible. The sprite concepts as a whole are good. Though Vincent's hair looks like it is from FFTA, maybe it needs an extra shade or something.  Someone should do a test to see how easy it will be to adapt the archer's arm to match Yuffie's arm guard.
Current Projects:

Twinees

Ive done my own edit of Vincent for the portrait, its very similar but ive made his hair black instead of brown and made it so his face is slightly covered by his cloak or whatever it is (also made the head band smaller). but i wont show it now :), ill see what i can do about yuffies arm guard later but i dont think it would be easy
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

Don't forget that we already have a complete Vincent based off a submission by the Japanese. I all for alternate version though because I really don't know which looks better.
Current Projects:

Twinees

October 19, 2010, 03:48:25 am #544 Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:06:14 am by twinees
Yep i already know about that, the existing vincent is meant to look like the one from dirge of cerberus (its pretty much the bard recoloured). Its alright, but it needs quite a lot of improving.
The cape on my vincent is simpler, but im trying to match FF7 as close as possible.

Here it is if you guys want to see it. (ive finished front walking frames, and im pretty happy with it)

Archael

Quote from: "Cheetah"I really don't know which looks better.

IMO this one

Twinees

Ok the one on the left is mine, and the right is the one in the sprite section atm.

Archael

yeah, the other vincent clashes hard on FFT maps due to the red

both are great sprites though

Jon

Nice work Twinees! I like your colors for sure a lot better. I don't know if its possible, but since the characters always attack with their "right hand" (I know, here Vincent will always attack with the black gloved hand) could you literally make his left hand more claw like? Yours looks too much like a glove. In the game he has his left hand looking needle sharp at the nails and much bigger/longer. This is the way! Keep it up! :mrgreen:

Twinees

with the limited amount of space for fingers on hands as it is and the hand moving around and constantly changing angle, the claw would most definitely be too difficult unfortunately. I was planning to make him have claws but I got immediately annoyed at the different angles, and the limited amount of space.

I wanted to do this but i couldnt find a way for this to work, just like how Zozma would have been reluctant to give Barret a gun arm (which may or may not happen depending how big the gun can be).
Sorry :/

Jon

No worries, just a small detail. Looking again at your Vincent, looks magnificent! He sure is going to be tough to make. I am guessing he is type 2? Good luck with the arms, thats probably the hardest part! :)

Cheetah

This is looking really good. I'm a little concerned about how the arms will look with the front walking frames because of the cape. Making sure that is looks like a cape and not a disjointed red sleeve, but I need to look at it animated first. It you wanted to make this really original I would recommend shortening the length of the cape in the back. I think it would look much better.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

I see you changed the hair on back frames. And I can also see that you used Female Knight for this, I think that the original Vincent's hair is better though, this one looks like spiked Female Knight. If I were to choose, I would say old hair. Cheetah is right about the cape plus you could do some shades below his hair, because cape there is simply all red and thus-flat.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kill_Bones

Looking good! I agree about the cape and mask, they look a bit flat, and a bit too bright for Vinnie to be completely honest. I like your hair better than the orig. sprite's. Definately an improvement on the pants from the first. But I kinda feel the are a bit baggy.. have you tried Retardio's pants? Not only would it be more tight, but it would add a gun holder to it too.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

ffta707

I like yours because the one on the right seems overly saturated.

Twinees

Thanks for the crits, i will shorten the cape as suggested, and possibly make it wavy like the original ff7 design so it wont look as flat (and make it darker around his hair).
I'll make the hair more like the original one but i will remove the random black lines that appear everywhere.
I Intended for the pants to be baggy, because pretty much every (male) FF7 Character has baggy pants, a a gun holder is not present on vincent in FF7, so i wont add that either.

Jon

Twinees has a point about the gun holster, Vincent never had one. I wondered about that actually. As everyone did their victory dance, Vincent would spin his gun around three times and then just magically attach the gun to his right leg >_> weird...
I actually liked the new hair tbh. Oh well.

Kill_Bones

I was going off Vincent's DoC look, but true, he didn't have one in FF7. I guess Vincent is the only one they actually made better in AC/DoC. Agree with Jon, your hair is better :)

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Bloodthirster0

finally some justice to vincent,I think this is the most tweaked sprite ever,it was tweaked over and over from time to time in its topic,becoming better and better and now it is close to perfection.

Just remenber to change portraits
Need something useful to write here

ffta707

Quote from: "Bloodthirster0"finally some justice to vincent,I think this is the most tweaked sprite ever,it was tweaked over and over from time to time in its topic,becoming better and better and now it is close to perfection.

Just remenber to change portraits

That is what makes it such an awe-inspiring sprite. Imagine every sprite being tweaked and filtered to flawlessness, not to say they don't all already look amazing.