• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:36:50 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

First Beta FFT Arena Tournament *Done*

Started by FFMaster, July 19, 2010, 06:57:14 am

Skip Sandwich

@The Damned
an interesting team in concept, but I think you massively overestimated the ammount of offense your samu's were going to contribute
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

The Damned

Yeah, Skip. Like I just said on Youtube, I really made this team only as a semi-joke to see how much it screwed up the AI to have constant access to Masamune and Kiyomori. Looks like they whore it even more than I thought. No surprise there....

*writes down notes*

Speaking of notes, Poison Bow looks as OP as I thought it was going to be.

Quote from: "philsov"Impressive setup with 3x samu + mime, but Barren just had the staying power.  But impressive basic skill samu who failed to Heal himself from poison and died in the corner hasting himself.

It would appear that in any medium Kaname Tousen is a failure. No surprise there.

Sigh, Kubo Tite fails me again. GG Barren. I think I could have easily wond if Odin didn't hit Sousuke and if half of my guys had actually, you know, attacked. But, hey, AI tournament with a team I didn't expect to be good.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Pride

heh... That map was completely in my favor. Too bad it wasn't on a better, more neutral map.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

logus

and this is the good side of doing swiss rounds, cause I think baity's team didn't show a lot of it's potential. Especially the monk, who couldn't go for softer units.
S3 Official Refresh Spammer

The Damned

Yeah, Pride. You had pretty much won as soon as the Berserked Monk bottlenecked.

Also, wow, I think of all the things on your team, I'm most impressed that someone's actually not only putting Distribute to use, but to good use; it's almost a shame that Lore will probably die.... We'll see how it fairs if the Monk is capable of getting smacked in the face, though.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

i wasn't sure how good my chances were in the first match. The Damned, you had me sacred for a second with your trio of samurais and a mime. but thankfully my status/staying power came into play. GG The Damned, we had a good match
You dare cross blades with me?

FFMaster

Barren

holy crap!! i'm scared of philsov's team now.....UBBERRRRR STATUS FEST!!

Zaen

Guess I'm gonna have to wait 12 days to see the results. Dammit.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Barren

Quote from: "philsov"
Quote from: "AeroGP"It's just beta; you'll get another chance.

Hopefully more than one!

@Barren/Damned match:

Impressive setup with 3x samu + mime, but Barren just had the staying power.  But impressive basic skill samu who failed to Heal himself from poison and died in the corner hasting himself.

it just goes to show you that inflicting  poison while crossbow damage can be very effective. my lancer basically served as a road block pretty much to keep them away from my support while my summoner got a lucky death proc with odin (nice idea FFMaster btw, bringing back old school odin). My knight did very well in this match

philsov

Wow, the AI really seems to like carpet whacking... for 20ish damage... on sleeping units.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

AeroGP

It prevents their Nameless Dances from failing more often, unless I'm mistaken about how other statuses stack over Sleep. (which is to say, they don't)
Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

philsov

its more that sleeping units are immune to dance effects.  

But even in the opening round one of my dancers literally chose to wait and then attack the squire instead of start up a dance.  Weiiird.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

logus

talk about weird...
squire with 4 move keeps doing DO at his corner instead of shooting people for that double shot.
supporters with gun seem to like shooting instead of, you know, supporting (remedy/esuna were there, they just weren't used).
Draw Out wizard did exactly what she was meant to do cause I limited her skillset... should've done this to the rest of them, I just wasn't aware guns would be a factor. Supportive Draw Out did prove to be a huge factor in previous beta tourney, but I completely forgot about that!
S3 Official Refresh Spammer

FFMaster

Skip Sandwich

A victory for team "Cursed with Awesome". Though CT5Holy's team immediately vented their frustrations by completely curbstomping PX_Timefordeath. GG's all-round!
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Melancthon

Can I start talking shit yet?

(PX) Yes, yes you can
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

FFMaster

The Damned

Good to see this is going at a good pace already. Thanks again FF.

*takes out Notepad*

Quote from: "FFMaster"Melancthon vs PX_Timefordeath - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC1d_98oNFw

I have this feeling that the Summoner only bothered to use Mad Science because there was a chance that it could Haste.

QuoteCT5Holy vs Skip Sandwich - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUXlfIiaUbc

Haste triggers Faith Up? Interesting....

Also, Life Drain is looking like it might need to be nerfed a bit, but we'll see.

QuoteZaen vs Kaz - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b-6dBZ7Kpg

Nice to see MP Restore be useful for once. I really wish that HP Restore wouldn't work for Undead units, but whatever. I guess they're screwed enough in this tournament by X-Potion being allowed.

QuoteRound 2 begins!

PX_Timefordeath vs CT5Holy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyQXjMjUSuU

Not much to say here.

Quote from: "FFMaster"The Damned vs logus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFw_QbGLzKA

*drops pencil*

W-what. WHAT!?!

Great, as if this week wasn't bad enough already, now I feel like an asshole. Er, sorry logus.