• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 07:11:48 pm

WOTL PSP vs Vanilla PSX

Started by NewbeeFFModder, September 03, 2020, 11:21:00 pm

NewbeeFFModder

September 03, 2020, 11:21:00 pm Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 11:43:09 pm by NewbeeFFModder
Hi, I've been wanting to ask this question a long time ago, I want to make 3 or 4 new characters with their own set of new skills for personal use without editing FF side story (they join at first gariland battle) so which version should I use?PSP or PSX?I just edit some skill and job names and their description...I don't want to affect original FF story and side story
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

It would be easiest on the PSX version, thanks to the better tools such as the current beta of the Patcher, or UWEntries, that allow you to set a joining character's Formation sprite & portrait. Not to mention Elric's work to consolidate all the duplicate sprites and free up unused Formation slots.

As far as I'm aware, on the PSP version you'd have to do a lot of switching around. You'd have to get rid of the duplicate Agrias and Mustadio sprites (they have one for their time as Guests and one for their time as permanent members, for no particular reason) and set all the appearances of the duplicate to match the one you kept, or switch Simon to a new sprite slot and change all his appearances... etc.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

NewbeeFFModder

Quote from: Nyzer on September 03, 2020, 11:58:03 pmIt would be easiest on the PSX version, thanks to the better tools such as the current beta of the Patcher, or UWEntries, that allow you to set a joining character's Formation sprite & portrait. Not to mention Elric's work to consolidate all the duplicate sprites and free up unused Formation slots.

As far as I'm aware, on the PSP version you'd have to do a lot of switching around. You'd have to get rid of the duplicate Agrias and Mustadio sprites (they have one for their time as Guests and one for their time as permanent members, for no particular reason) and set all the appearances of the duplicate to match the one you kept, or switch Simon to a new sprite slot and change all his appearances... etc.

Welp I have a lot of times to kill with switching sprite etc, I want to use PSP because I want to play the extra battle using Delita or Battle vs Zombie Algus and tbh I dont understand how to edit consolidation sprite because consolidate (FFTLW PSX) already have a lot of custom side story or do vanilla consolidate version exist?
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

... What? TLW is the WotL story aside from Ashley Riot and a dialogue change in the Agrias Birthday event due to receiving perfume instead of lipstick. And it includes those very events you mention...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown