• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Noob question concerning unit.bin

Started by Umbral, July 29, 2011, 09:02:26 am

Umbral

Been an avid FFT player since it came out, long time lurker here as well, just never joined.  My problem is that I want to make use of some of the beautiful custom sprites that were made, in both battle and formation screens.  shishi covered the battle screen sprites no problem.  However, I am utterly lost when it comes to finding or accessing the unit.bin of my FFT iso.  So thats my question, how do I access it and what do I access it with?

Eternal

July 29, 2011, 09:08:20 am #1 Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:09:10 am by Eternal248
Pretty sure you'll need CDMage. Let me dig up the tutorial for it.

EDIT: Here you go! http://ffh.kivutar.me/smf/index.php?topic=6702.0
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Umbral

thanks :D I had CDMage but didnt know wtf to do with it lol.  Hopefully now I can finish this and start playing again

MagiusRerecros

If you have the PSP version, then there's some other stuff you have to do. Namely, rather than extracting unit.bin, you have to extract fftpack.bin, and then extract the files out of that using fftpatcher. Then you can modify unit.bin and wrldface.bin using fftevgrp, then you use fftpatcher to rebuild fftpack.bin, and throw that back in the iso.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Umbral

only have the psx version.  it worked :D i love the new sprites