• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:26:13 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

RAD 3: 35 jobs.

Started by pokeytax, April 12, 2011, 08:42:20 pm

Mudvayne

July 20, 2011, 08:25:40 am #60 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:26:30 am by Mudvayne
i truly apologise for this stupid post, but I have no idea how to use this.
i'm brand new to fft hacking so i know nothing. i have been lurking the site for a week or two now and have just been playing the mods (fft rebirth and fft 1.13) though this seems more to my liking
from what i understand this lets you get access to multiple jobs (as in the special jobs like arc knight, white knight, holy swordsman, etc.) - am i correct?
i know this is a noob question but how exactly do i go about getting this to work? it really strikes my interest
i'd appreciate any help i can get, thank you.

MagiusRerecros

July 20, 2011, 12:31:28 pm #61 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:38:01 pm by MagiusRerecros
You'll need the FFTPatcher suite, which you can get from FFH's downloads page, and the RAD 3 spreadsheet file, which you can get from this thread. The spreadsheet itself is fairly simple to use; things get more complicated when you're looking in to giving jobs requirements beyond just have this many levels in this other job, however. You can use FFTPatcher as a reference to determine the hex value of the jobs you want access to, which will then go in the spreadsheet. Modifying the job level-based requirements of the job you want to add is self-explanatory. If you want the class to be male-only, make sure the job requires 1 level of bard, and leave dancer blank. Conversely, if you want the job to be female-only, it needs to require 1 level of dancer, and no bard. If you don't want the job to be accessed at all, just make the job require 1 level of both bard and dancer. If it's going to be accessible regardless of gender, then it shouldn't require bard or dancer.

When determining what sprites the job should use, it might be helpful to have Shishi's and/or FFTEVGRP open so that you know what the sprites look like. Other than that, you can just do some experimenting to find the various nuances of the spreadsheet and what it allows.

Once you're all done filling out the spreadsheet, you should open the "XML" tab and copy everything within that tab into notepad, and then save the file (in .xml format) in the same folder as FFTorgASM (which comes in the FFTPatcher suite). You should now be able to apply your RAD 3 hack to your FFT iso through FFTorgASM.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Mudvayne

July 20, 2011, 05:12:23 pm #62 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:15:44 pm by Mudvayne
does does this mean that once i do all that i'll have access to all the jobs on my fft iso?
i'm just interested in playing with characters that have access to special jobs that for example only npcs/special charactres have access to, or am i going about the wrong place for that?
i appreciate your help though i'm still a bit in the dark - just want to know if this is the correct place to do that

pokeytax

Quote from: Mudvaynei truly apologise for this stupid post, but I have no idea how to use this.

There are no stupid posts, only stupid bugs.

Doing what Magius said will give generics access to other jobs on your ISO, just like normal jobs. The base version comes preloaded with Princess/Dark Knight/Astrologist.

These lists show what codes correspond to what jobs and skillsets (or you can take Magius's good suggestion of using FFTPatcher and see what job goes with what skillset). You enter these in columns C and D. So if you wanted to have Zalbag's Arc Knight class, you would enter 08 in column C and 4B in column D.

The skill learning will be a bit wonky (this hack forces them to "share" slots with standard jobs, so learning an ability for one job will learn it for the other), and the battle status screen won't update, but it should do what you want. Let us know if you get stuck and we'll walk you through it.
  • Modding version: PSX

MagiusRerecros

Quote from: Mudvayne on July 20, 2011, 05:12:23 pm
does does this mean that once i do all that i'll have access to all the jobs on my fft iso?
i'm just interested in playing with characters that have access to special jobs that for example only npcs/special charactres have access to, or am i going about the wrong place for that?
i appreciate your help though i'm still a bit in the dark - just want to know if this is the correct place to do that

The last time I checked, there was a sort of "upper limit" on the amount of jobs you can add to the job wheel before your game starts freezing. I don't know if anything has been done about that yet, however. But yes, if you want generic characters to be able to access jobs that are normally reserved for npc's or special characters without sacrificing the original jobs, this is the hack you need. Like pokeytax said, the spreadsheet comes already configured to add the jobs Princess (Ovelia), Dark Knight (Gafgarion), and Astrologist (Olan) to the job wheel. Meaning, of course, that once you apply this hack, you can give the job to anybody who meets the job's requirements, including generics, Ramza, and other special characters. Obviously, the point of the spreadsheet is to expand the hack beyond just Princess/Dark Knight/Astrologist, and you could, for example, add Lune Knight (Dycedarg) or Arc Knight (Zalbag) to you job arsenal.

pokeytax

Quote from: MagiusRerecros on July 20, 2011, 06:34:14 pm
The last time I checked, there was a sort of "upper limit" on the amount of jobs you can add to the job wheel before your game starts freezing. I don't know if anything has been done about that yet, however.

It's 15. I'm probably just going to find a way to make certain skillsets primary-only to get around this, because it's triggered by exceeding 32 equippable secondaries.

Mudvayne

maybe i'm doing something incorrectly but i downloaded the files needed and followed your directioned but after i patch my iso nothing changes, it goes back to how it was previously? none of the new jobs etc are currently in my game
any ideas what i could be doing wrong? ;\

pokeytax

Can you post your .xls and .xml files? You may need to zip the latter.

Mudvayne

July 20, 2011, 09:35:28 pm #68 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:36:10 pm by Mudvayne
hmm the only xml file i have is the rad3 xml? obviously i am doing something wrong here, i just would like to add a few jobs into my game so i can play as a holy/arc/lune/divine/heaven knight etc if possible which it seems like i can't figure out for the life of me
being the first time i've attempted a hack probably isn't helping me situation either heh

pokeytax

July 20, 2011, 09:41:17 pm #69 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:57:32 pm by pokeytax
Yeah, that's what I need to see, that file. The one you created by copying the XML tab and paste it into a new file or pressing the button.

Do you have the Analysis Toolpak for Excel or Analysis Add-In for OpenOffice? Check Tools > Addins. You need one of these because it fiddles with hex values.

Mudvayne

it's just the basic file that i downloaded off the first page on this post, and then i downloaded the rest off the main page off the download section on this site :? :oops:

Mudvayne

July 21, 2011, 05:24:24 pm #71 Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:48:07 pm by Mudvayne
no help?

is it possible to add elmdor, weigraf, dycdarg (sp), zalbag, izlude (just their jobs, not necessarily them, just their jobs not sprites), and possibly a few more into your party?
i see it's possible using this hack it's just that i've never usd a hack before and am unaware how to go about doing that seeing as i've never used a hack

adding special sprites etc isn't what i'm interested in going about i just would like to be able to add theirl jobs in the job wheel slot so they are accesssable to change into if the generics (or special characters) meet the reqs

any ideas please? imo it would make the game MUCH more intertaining

pokeytax

I'm in the middle of debugging a different hack - you've kinda chosen a difficult way to get your feet wet so I don't know quite where to start.

But your polite sorrow has melted my cold heart. I would like to have a more robust demo of this hack anyway, so I'm going to do a basic .ppf with a bunch of jobs and some basic FFTPatcher work to make RAD behave better.

Mudvayne

was that directed at me?
i'm just unsure on how to add the special jobs that i'm interested in to my iso file so i can play as those jobs - i'm just unsure how to go about doing that since i've never hacked fft before

Mudvayne

i was messing with it yesterday and am completely lost on how to add it to my current fft iso, i just want to add a few jobs on my game to make it more fun, i think it'd be a lot more fun playing with holy/arc/lune/divine/heaven knight etc

pokeytax

July 21, 2011, 08:01:02 pm #75 Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:48:34 pm by pokeytax
I made a patch with most of the special jobs available to generics, since this thread should have a demo anyway. Most base jobs will unlock a special job at job level 5. Some skill learning will be a little weird but it should work okay.

Mudvayne

hmm i followed all the directioned exactly yet none of the special jobs are available to me? what could i be doing wrong? ;\
though i do appreciate all your help

MagiusRerecros

Did you try patching a vanilla (unpatched) iso with the WotLOL.ppf file that pokeytax posted (using PPF-O-Matic, available from the downloads page), and then level some jobs up to level 5 to unlock the special jobs?

Also, when you said that you patched your iso, and nothing happened, did you make sure to apply the RAD 3 hack to your iso through FFTorgASM by checking the box next to RAD 3, clicking Patch ISO... and selecting the iso you want to patch? Do keep in mind that the special jobs won't show up in your job wheel until you unlock them. Like pokeytax says in his first post of the thread, if a character doesn't meet the requirements for the job, that job won't show up anywhere for that character. Once you meet the requirements, the job will show up in the job wheel, but before that, it doesn't show up all greyed out like it does when one character has unlocked a job but another one hasn't.

Mudvayne

so does that mean in order to get this to work i have to start a new save file?
i wouldn't be able to apply the patch and then load a presaved file and have the jobs unlocked?

MagiusRerecros

It should work if it is actually a save file from a virtual memory card (.mcr, .gme, etc.)... But it will not work if it's a save state. I'm not entirely certain what causes this, because you'd think that it would have to load the data from the modified iso every time you make a change to your characters, or even more frequently than that, but it does not. Are you certain that your characters are meeting all of the requirements of the jobs you want to unlock? Keep in mind that it is not possible to have a level in both bard and dancer (at least, not with the way that pokeytax coded his hack), and the majority of extra jobs in the RAD 3 spreadsheet have a requirement of 1 in both of them by default for that specific purpose. If you didn't remove the required level of bard and/or dancer, the job will never appear.