• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.

Started by Rufio, September 25, 2014, 12:44:51 pm

TristanBeoulve

Jessie noticed that the rest of the group hasn't called him by his name I suppose I'd better tell him, he thought. Addressing the group, he said "My name is Jessie"
>Stop using the bow as a weapon and grab a Yggdrasil plank.
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"

Ryqoshay

Ron raises an eyebrow at Jessie's untimely introduction before grunting and taking a long draft of whiskey.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Rufio

ROUND 9 REPORT

Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia, Jessie, Nacht
The party prepares to return after completing their task on the roof, but are worried by the scene they have witnessed there and the voices coming from below.

Quote from: Father Superbia>Stay with the others, attempt to understand what the voices are saying.

Roll = 8    Total=16
You hang out near the entrance to the roof and listen to the voices far below.  You can't hear much, but you manage to hear one of them say, "We'll find out soon enough, they should be back any moment."

Quote from: Nacht> [Go grab a Yggdrasil Plank while holding Finger Nerf Gun in case something appears]

Roll = 6    Total=11
You are unable to locate any of the mystical Yggdrasil Planks that the rest of the party found earlier, but you do find a pretty sturdy board with a nail in it.  And that is pretty cool.  (+1 Nail Bat)

Quote from: Rachael> Get ready to bop anything nasty coming up the stairs

Roll = 10    Total=16
You prepare yourself so well that you will now be able to reach through time to this moment and become just as prepared in the future. (+2 next 3 melee attacks)

Quote from: Jordan Kamps AI>Continue listening to determine who is talking in the corridor

Roll = 5    Total=11
You can't make out all the voices, but one is familiar.  You believe you recognize it as John Miller, the leader of your survivor group.

Quote from: Jessie>Hold plastic bow like a bat and get ready to face the intruders.

Roll = 7    Total=14
You prepare yourself to club anything that alarms you with your plastic bow.

Quote from: Ronald>[Move to roof entry and prepare for encounter in such a way as to remain casual and unassuming in appearance.]

Roll = 1    Total=8
You head to the rooftop entrance and are overcome by the urge to find more of your medicine.  You lose your patience and composure and slam your plank against the doorframe.  The sound echoes down the access stairwell.  (-2 to all dexterity, intelligence and cunning rolls until you have yourself a drink.)

Quote from: Round Report
SCENE:  The group prepares to face off against anyone coming from the stairwell.  Superbia catches part of a conversation from below and Jordan figures out who one of the voices belongs to.  Ronald, eager to return to his quarters for a night-cap, loses patience and alerts anyone in or near the access stairwell that they are ready for a fight.
  The voices stop their conversation and remain silent.  Nobody appears to be coming up the stairwell.   

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents are probably repaired.  A group of people that may or may not include John Miller wait at the bottom of the stairs the roof access.

Character Sheets

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

Jumza

October 17, 2014, 09:02:37 pm #103 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:20:47 pm by Jumza
Ron smacks his plank against the doorframe creating a loud banging noise that travels down through the stairwell. "Well, if it was the group of people that killed all these ones on the roof, then at least they know we're here now..." Jordan states, somewhat pointedly at Ron.
Jordan continues, "I hear John, I bet they're wondering what's taking so long and are coming to check up on us. Let's get going!"

> Slowly and cautiously go down the stairwell
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Ryqoshay

October 17, 2014, 10:26:12 pm #104 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:31:48 am by Ryqoshay
OOC: I really shouldn't be laughing as hard as I am about a low roll like that... Give me a moment to recover so I can properly RP that...

OOC: Ok, I think I'm good now...

"Hey!" Ron shouts down the stairwell. "You not gettin' enough fresh air yet!? Well come on up and smell the corpses! It's f*****' corpse fiesta up here!"

>[Drain bottle of Jack. Keep empty bottle for makeshift weapon if need be.]

Celdia

"Jeez, old man! Not a big fan of the element of surprise, eh?" Rachael gestures a sideways nod towards Jordan, continuing on, "I hope you're right and it's the boss down there. He probably should see all of...this. I would also be more than happy to be done with this mess up here."

> Stand down from her ready-to-bop state. Rachael wants to leave the roof but not without the rest of the group she came up with.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Ryqoshay

"Surprise?" Ron grunts. "There ain't no surprise. The bastard sent us up here for God's sake. He damn well knows we're up here."

Eternal

"My child!" Superbia yells at Jordan. "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!"

>Hand Jordan the flask of holy water.

"Are you sure you want to go on alone? There's no telling what danger Satan's acolytes have waiting for us below."
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jumza

Jordan grabs the holy water from Superbia, unsure of it's actual effectiveness.

"I'm... pretty sure it's just John down there. Not Satan's acolytes. Plus..." Jordan clutches his stomach, "I really don't want to be up here for much longer."
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Ryqoshay

Ron laughs heartily. "If he offers you an apple, beware..."

Rufio

Quote from: ROUND REPORT : PARTY 1

Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Father Superbia, Jessie
The majority of the party remains on the roof, fearing an ambush from the people that caused the massacre around them.

Quote from: Ronald>[Drain bottle of Jack. Keep empty bottle for makeshift weapon if need be.]

Roll = 4    Total = 11
You self-medicate and feel much better.  Nerves are calm and you don't feel the need to smash a certain self-righteous preachers face in.

Quote from: Rachael> Stand down from her ready-to-bop state. Rachael wants to leave the roof but not without the rest of the group she came up with.

Roll = 4    Total = 10
You ease your guard and wait patiently as only one of your 4 original team members decends the stairwell.

Quote from: Father Superbia>Hand Jordan the flask of holy water.

No Roll Required, but you made me laugh pretty hard, so bonus for that.
You hand over your flask of holy water and notice there is something else in that pocket that you never noticed before.  (+1 Mysterious Key)

Quote from: Jessie>Stop using the bow as a weapon and grab a Yggdrasil plank.

Roll = 4    Total = 8
You search the wreckage near the doorway for a better club.  You are unable to locate a wonderous plank of Yggdrasil, but find a long, rusty metal pipe instead.  (+1 rusty pipe)

Quote from: Party 1 summary
SCENE:  With the task at hand complete, some members remain on the roof, fearing demons at every turn.

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents are probably repaired.  A group of people that may or may not include John Miller wait at the bottom of the stairs the roof access.  1/3rd of the party has decended the stairwell to investigate.

Character Sheets

Quote from: ROUND REPORT : PARTY 2

Party: Jordan Kamps,  Nacht
While most of the group remains on the roof, 2 brave members (or at least members trying to appear brave) decend the stairwell to confront the voices they had previously heard.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps> Slowly and cautiously go down the stairwell

Roll = 8    Total = 16
You expertly decend the stairs, careful not to slip on whatever substance coats the floors.

Quote from: Nacht Remote Play>Accompany Jordan down the stairs, holding the Nail Bat.

Roll = 8    Total=13
You follow Jordan, avoiding slipping or tripping over the broken barricade. 

Quote from: Party 2 summary
SCENE:  With the task at hand complete, 2 members of the party proceed down the stairwell to the inside of the mall compound.  When Jordan reaches the bottom he is greeted by John Miller and 4 armed men.
"Welcome back," said John, "It seems like you have fixed the problem.  The smoking room is clearing up already.  Where is the rest of your party?"
Just as John had finished asking his question, Nacht appeared in the doorway brandishing his nail bat.  The four armed guards immediately drew their weapons and pointed them at the newcomer.  John raised a hand to calm the guards.
"Don't remember seeing you around." John announced.  "Who are you and where did you come from?"

SITUATION(s):
- Nacht has four men pointing guns at him.  John Miller is demanding to know where this newcomer has come from.

Character Sheets

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

Jumza

OOC: This is what happens when you introduce yourself and don't let Rufio do it for you.
I'm going to hold off on anything until Vaan posts

Ryqoshay

Well that didn't last nearly as long as I thought... Ron stares at his now empty bottle and sighs. I'll bet I'll be hard pressed to find a new bottle around here.

Vaan

OOC: Yay im back from the dead.

Nacht notices the guns being pointed at him, putting his bat down, he starts to explain " I am Nacht, I came from the other side of the mall, when i heard some noise I entered here and joined this group as we, humans, live in groups, thats our nature isnt it? I recommend you not to kill me as we are in a race to suvive".

"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Ryqoshay

"Well they ain't gettin' shot yet." Ron grumbles about the two young men who went before the rest. "It's probably safe to go down now... Besides, I need a f*****' beer and there ain't none up here that's for God damned sure."

>[Head down stairs to join Nacht and Jordan.]

Jumza

Jordan throws his hands up in fear of the guns, but after noticing they were pointed at Nacht, and after hearing Nacht's little speech he just put his head in his hands and groaned. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

Vaan

"Im not a flesh eating zombie, thats the only reason i find to kill something right now, i hope he thinks the same" Nacht says while having his hands up.
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Ryqoshay

Quote from: Vaan on October 20, 2014, 06:33:19 pm
"Im not a flesh eating zombie,"

OOC: But you could be a flesh eating cannibal!
Kyaaa! Kill it! Kill it with fire! ^_^

Vaan

OOC: Or am I? I didnt get the finger to eat you know. Its not like its a bag of doritos.
   ~ Vaan

Ryqoshay

October 20, 2014, 08:57:00 pm #119 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:56:44 pm by Ryqoshay
OOC: So you don't see humans as finger lickin' good? Alright, I'll let ya off the hook this time... ^_^