• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.

Started by Rufio, September 25, 2014, 12:44:51 pm

Jumza

While everyone continues to be disgusted at Nacht's actions, Jordan walks over to the doorway, eager to leave as soon as possible.
> Check hallway inside the mall leading to the roof for any movement or sound
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Vaan

"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

TristanBeoulve

Quote from: Vaan on October 09, 2014, 03:57:46 pm
OOC: Sure been a while

OOC: I was hoping someone would say that for me.
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"

Vaan

Quote from: TristanBeoulve on October 09, 2014, 05:31:17 pm
OOC: I was hoping someone would say that for me.

OOC: Rufio has been online, jusr not responsive, for whatever reason, and that sucks, not only for doubts in his hack but because of this rp aswell, i was really diggin it
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Ryqoshay

OOC: Poor little Ryqo-Ry may fall back asleep in the gra... Sorry, wrong RP...
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Vaan

Quote from: Ryqoshay on October 10, 2014, 01:58:17 am
OOC: Poor little Ryqo-Ry may fall back asleep in the gra... Sorry, wrong RP...

OOC: Poor little Nacht may fall asleep on the corpses he is getting the phalanges from.
   ~ Vaan

TristanBeoulve

Quote from: Vaan on October 11, 2014, 11:09:43 am
OOC: Poor little Nacht may fall asleep on the corpses he is getting the phalanges from.

OOC: >.<

Rufio

October 16, 2014, 07:50:41 am #87 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:41:43 am by Rufio
Sorry for disappearing for a while.  Here we go!

ROUND 8 REPORT

Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia, Jessie, Nacht
The group successfully repairs the rooftop ventilation unit by removing the corpse jamming it up.  Before heading back, they decide to assess their situation.

Quote from: Nacht[Get the phalanges off all the corpses to use as ammo for my nerf gun]

Roll = 9    Total = 14
You wander from corpse to corpse, snapping off their fingers and placing them into a pouch around your neck like some sort of sick, twisted Davos.  (+20 corpse fingers)

Quote from: Father Superbia>Read the manual.

Roll = 5    Total = 13
You peruse the manual given to you by Jessie and discover a few things.  The rooftop unit you have just repaired is part of a hybrid system of open air and forced ventilation.  It is also just one of many units that are meant to be operational in order to properly ventilate a space as large as the mall.  You believe, however, that since the mall will never be at maximum occupancy again, one running unit should be enough to supply fresh air to your group of survivors.  In fact, you're pretty sure cracking a couple windows on the upper floors would be enough to supply your group with air.

Quote from: Ronald Farwell>[Contemplate various aspects of the situation, particularly how much longer the bottle of Jack Daniel's will last.]

Roll = 9    Total = 15
At the rate you currently drink your medication, you will be run out approximately 23 minutes after returning to your quarters from this mission.  Upon realizing this, you also get a gut feeling that something doesn't add up about this mission.

Quote from: Jessie> smack Nacht in the face

Roll = 2    Total=4
You go to smack Nacht in the face, but instictively give him a smack on the ass as if to say "good game".  This confuses Nacht, but confuses you even more.

Quote from: Rachael> Try not to be violently ill

Roll = 6
You manage to keep your lunch in your guts at the gruesome sight and sounds of stiff corpse fingers being snapped off one by one, but you have to look away when you notice puss oozing from the less dried out corpse hands as they are being desecrated.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps> Check hallway inside the mall leading to the roof for any movement or sound

Roll = 9    Total = 15
You check the way you came out to the roof to make sure it is still safe.  Your keenly trained ear picks up some voices coming from far below (probably the hallway to the stairwell).  You can't manage to hear what they are saying, but they are definitely saying words.

Quote from: Round Report
SCENE:  The group assesses the situation now that they seem to have repaired the ventilation system.  One of the newcomers begins mutilating the corpses on the roof and gathering fingers that would fit into his nerf gun.  Father Superbia figures out valuable information from the vent manual and Ronald realizes he's running low on hooch.

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents have stopped working?  52 rounds remain until survivors start suffocating???

Character Sheets

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

TristanBeoulve

Quote from: Rufio on October 16, 2014, 07:50:41 am
Roll = 2    Total=4
You go to smack Nacht in the face, but instictively give him a smack on the ass as if to say "good game".  This confuses Nacht, but confuses you even more.

OOC: omfg

Vaan

October 16, 2014, 02:42:54 pm #89 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:07:12 pm by Vaan
Quote from: TristanBeoulve on October 16, 2014, 02:12:54 pm
OOC: omfg

OOC: Indeed. Dont know how to respond to that.
   ~ Vaan

Ryqoshay

OOC: The game rises again! Zombie game! Kill it! Kill it! ^_^
And Rufio swiftly mends the damage Kokojo inflicted upon my battleship! Happy days!

Ron glances over at Superbia. "Hey, Preacher Man," he calls "learn anything interesting from that book of yours?" He emphasizes the word book. "Wanna check to see if this f*****' thing working correctly or just gonna fail again any second?"

Eternal

Father Superbia looks over at the drunkard. "It seems as though this ventilation unit is one of many installed around the mall's structure... though it would also seem like all we really needed to do was crack open a window to let some air in." The Father shakes his head, disappointed. "Other than that, it would seem that our repairs will have to do, for now. By God's grace, let us pray that it does not fail us again. In the meantime, however..."

Father Superbia slowly approaches the others. "I think we should greet our unwelcomed guests down the stairs."

>Stay with the others, attempt to understand what the voices are saying.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ryqoshay

Guests? Is that what the uncertain feeling was? "God dammit..." Ron mumbles before taking another swig of Jack.

Vaan

Nacht while collecting finger is slapped on the butt, so he stands up and looks at Jesse for a brief moment with a "wtf" face, simply to walk away.

Although he hears the priest and the drunkard talk about unwanted guests, he walks up to the planks and attempts to grab one.

> [Go grab a Yggdrasil Plank while holding Finger Nerf Gun in case something appears]
   ~ Vaan

Celdia

Rachael listens quietly to the group while her stomach settles, taking up a position by the roof access with her bat, getting ready to bash anything untoward that may emerge from below.

> Get ready to bop anything nasty coming up the stairs

Sorry for the brief posts but I'm really busy and I don't want the game held up on my account.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Jumza

October 16, 2014, 08:10:38 pm #95 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:20:36 pm by Jumza
The others seemed to have noticed the voices coming from inside as well, they all seemed ready to kill whatever came through that door, but Jordan was almost sure it couldn't be dangerous.

"Zombies can't talk, so it's just others from the mall, is there really any danger to going down and checking out what's going on there?" Jordan asked no one in particular, he just really wanted to get away from the pile of bodies.

"I mean, worst case scenario we stay up here too long and someone locks us out..."
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Ryqoshay

"No, worst case scenario," Ron interjects, "is whoever is coming up here is the group that killed all these people." He waves an arm out to indicate the piles of corpses. "I don't know 'bout the rest of you guys, but I didn't check every nook and cranny of this God forsaken hellhole when I got here. We may not be the only ones here."

TristanBeoulve

Jessie notices the others readying for a fight, and decides to join in.
>Hold plastic bow like a bat and get ready to face the intruders.

Ryqoshay

"Put that f*****' thing away, kid." Ron grumbles to the young man with the plastic bow as he walks over. "Get yourself something a bit more sturdy for Chris'sake." He points to the remaining planks before muttering something relatively unintelligible, though likely something negative concerning youth and undoubtedly containing several profanities.

>[Move to roof entry and prepare for encounter in such a way as to remain casual and unassuming in appearance.]

OOC: I may have missed it in my review of the thread, but I do not believe Jessie has introduced himself. As such I have not referred to him by name in my portion of the narrative.

Vaan

OOC: I Believe its not necessary, he never calls anyone by the name as it appears.
Also yes, Jessie never said his name and because we can read it, everyone said fuck it and still called him by his name, while i only mentioned his name outside of the speech to describe the scene.
   ~ Vaan