• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:09:33 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

How do you get in-game characters to appear and join you earlier?

Started by arne_friedrich, October 15, 2011, 11:41:47 pm

arne_friedrich

Alrite do u know the event where cloud appears in goug for the first time? Yeah its kinda rotten that it happens so late in the game  :evil: so how can u trigger that event and all the other corresponding events earlier so he can join the party earlier as well? (applies to beowulf and reis as well) Can it be done with FFTPatcher? if not what program might i need?

3lric

you can change the order of events within the Attack.out editor, you also (i believe) need to edit the Attack.out conditionals or maybe its the worldmap2.0 which is another spreadsheet, (its all much easier then it sounds lol) lemme know if you make any progress on this or if you have any other questions ill try my best to assist you :)
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

ah okay thanks for correcting me on that, its useful information for me as well since ive only been working with events for far
  • Modding version: PSX

RavenOfRazgriz

Mm.

You just edit the Story Progression Variable check on the events, and they'll trigger earlier, as long as you can still meet all the criteria for it.  (Mustadio in party, etc.)  You can obviously edit that too, as its located right next to which Story Progression Variable to look for, by simply changing Mustadio's UnitID to a different character's, possibly Ramza's if you want it to always open.