• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:35:18 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

2 Quick Questions regarding events

Started by 3lric, September 29, 2011, 05:21:51 pm

3lric

September 29, 2011, 05:21:51 pm Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:04:27 pm by Elric42
1. How can i make a unit in a cutscene hold a UnitAnim, like say i wanted to have a character holding someone by gunpoint?

2. Is there a way with ColorField or any other command to simulate a red flashing light? like an alarm? i dont remember if i ever saw that in game or not

thanks for any help :) my mod is coming along great so far cant wait until im far enough to post a playable demo

EDIT: Also is there an easy way to turn a map black with the event editor? i just want to use the changemap to change to a map but i want it to be an entirely black map so it looks like the characters are falling

i tried that ColorField and made it (-128,-128,-128) but there is still a blue hue to the map
ChangeMap(000,x00)
ColorField(x1F,-000,-200,-200,-200,-001)
ColorField(x1F,-000,-200,-200,-200,-001)

even with that its still blue  :gay:
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

formerdeathcorps

1) EVTCHR editing.  Essentially, you create the necessary sequence of sprites and import it into the EVTCHR file.  There's a Japanese tool that does this.  Then, you call it in your routine.

2) Have you tried using the DarkScreen and RemoveDarkScreen commands?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

3lric

September 30, 2011, 06:34:59 pm #3 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:45:54 pm by Elric42
thank you ill give that a shot

and i hadnt thought to try to use darkscreen for the alarm thank you very much for that idea   :D,
and now i gotta ask, is there a way to change the color of the darkscreen?

what im also looking to do is make the entire map black, but not the characters, basicly the same way
as the deep dungeon since the characters are suppose to appear as falling through darkness, which i
have achieved. I just need to make the actual map itself black otherwise it definately doesn't look
right lol if anyone knows if it is a code in ATTACK.OUT that makes it black rather than part of the
event code edited in EasyVent i would be greatful for that information, i've put a lil over 30 hours into my
events in the last 5 days (it would be more if i didnt work at 4am, i just cant get enough of all this) and its
actually quite difficult to spend hours searching for the solution to
one problem when i could be making or finishing an event (or finding other problems :P) lol.

So thats why i come here in search of help and knowledge from the people who do it best.

as always thanks in advice for any help anyone can provide