• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

theultrawolf's sprites

Started by theultrawolf, February 14, 2012, 10:59:39 pm

theultrawolf

it's finally done: the palette has been changed; the hair from the back view has been recalibrated to match the front almost perfectly; and I've done some cleanups:
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Lijj

So I opened it in shishi's to look at the frames and the hair looked bad then I realized that it wasn't because the hair's bad. It's because the colors are wrong: So worry not it's only because the sprite can't read from two colors being used from the portrait's palette:
You may have to sacrifice one red to fix this. The best thing to do is just keep the BMP at 16 colors until you're completely done then add the portrait.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

Yeah and use existing colors from other sprites, and color it only with Palette Editor...

Not too bad though...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

theultrawolf

I know nobody cares, but I'm a completionist and now that I have a computer to work with anytime, I figured why not try to get back into spriting, so I finished this one, corrected it with all errors fixed, etc. I figure now that I've done a pretty much basic headswap, I'll try to see if I can't do a full body transformation, sans the palette errors this time.  :o

(I also included the WLDFACE.bin and UNIT.bin files in case anyone ever would (doubtfully) want to use this sprite.)  :P

Lijj

Woah woah woah stop ITT! You are really downplaying yourself here. You've finished an entire sheet! congratulations. I think people will use it. I really look forward to seeing what you do next.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

Doesn't look bad at all! Only one thing which isn't worth changing since its so super time consuming, but her upper arms still look like armor, sure they're skin color now but those cannons for upper arms make Meliadoul look like a body builder. That's my only gripe and 2 cents.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Jon on September 27, 2012, 12:31:28 pm
Doesn't look bad at all! Only one thing which isn't worth changing since its so super time consuming, but her upper arms still look like armor, sure they're skin color now but those cannons for upper arms make Meliadoul look like a body builder. That's my only gripe and 2 cents.

STQ Is a heavy sword....

theultrawolf

October 04, 2012, 01:14:19 am #27 Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:05:07 am by theultrawolf
Quote from: GeneralStrife on September 27, 2012, 05:22:56 pm
STQ Is a heavy sword....

all the knightswords are big 0.0

anyways. I found an old sprite of Penelo on some Japanese site and I edited the colors to be more FFT-esque and changed the portrait. I'm wondering what you guys think, again, I'm completely open to critique, and editing.

jimmyjw88

Well, definitely major fix needed; like shadings, depths, etc. Her pants could reference from Cloud, for example. Same goes to her portrait; major shading fix required.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

theultrawolf

Well, I fixed the portrait up a bit, focused on other characters' shadings. But, I don't know if the sprite itself is salvageable, no matter what I seem to do, the only thing that I can fix up on it definitively is the hair. The body, especially the torso, is bothersome. The pants are somewhat salvageable, but it makes the chest and feet look bizarre. Should I just start the whole thing over?

jimmyjw88

My opinion would be start fresh.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Taichii

frankenportrait other portraits :D
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Kagebunji

Or just use this for the portrait:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

I honestly don't care who Penelo is or what game she's from, but I googled images of her and I agree, start fresh. Her pants and body look kinda like Rafa, I suggest you use her as a base and then add in the head/hair. Try to use 2 or 3 blue/purples for the pants, 2 or 3 reds for the clothes, and then 3 or 4 blond/yellow and whites for her hair and eyes. Look at Ramza's hair color, its close enough to what you want. You should have around 5 or six colors left over if you do this, use like 3 for the skin and 2 or 3 for the shoes, or just make the shoes red like her shirt thing. Technically not 100% accurate but saves colors, hope this helps! :mrgreen:

Robrain

azavier

sorry for bringing up such an old post but i really want to use this penelo sprite. does anyone know how long it would take to make the sprite use fft type colors and make it playable ?