• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:56:22 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Meliadoul Unveiled

Started by Fosil, April 03, 2011, 11:25:38 pm

Wolfran

I think the right eye should be a few pixel to the left, It looks too far from the other. Also the shoulder looks kinda weird maybe is the shadow from the hair but is a good work so far.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Durbs

Wow, good job with the portrait.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zozma

great job on the portrait, so much more fft like
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Durbs

Hey, can someone post the green/silver version with the new portrait up? Personally, I think it's ready for submission.  :D

Zozma

the portrait reminds me of  Donna Pinciotti off "that 70's show lol

Wolfran

Rofl, if you don't say that I'll never realize.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Fosil

Wow, I never imagined it would go this far--I mean, its great! Now, I just have to hop back on the sprite wagon.

Lijj

Alright you're back! I was concerned we scared you away. Twinees really did some magic with that hair but we seem to work well together.

Kagebunji

Yes, yes it is great, but I have few notes after looking closer. Skin color is totally different from original Meliadoul(more pale, kinda pinky on some shades), please change it back, if it is not a problem(or at least made some values same as original). Also, please change the eyes! These are small and looks somehow far away from each other, original had better eyes. Also, her right shoulder, it ends on the portrait, and it makes it really small, the shoulder should be extended by two or three pixels, and it would look back on track. If you do these three things, this will be a great Meliadoul portrait, and I would surely use it over the original one :)

Lijj

Ok Kagebunji I put her eyes on there without messing around this time: [bmp]:

Lijj

Kagebunji

Mando

now someone just need to update the event animations meliadoul is involved with so the sprite wont look horrible storyline wise XD

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

mav

Good work, guys, but you might want the part on her hair to be less centered, since her face is at an angle. Move the left part of her hair (our right) even more to the left. Then it'll be set.

I'm thoroughly impressed by this portrait though, it's seriously amazing.

Zozma

April 15, 2011, 03:04:51 pm #55 Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:16:29 pm by Zozma
that portrait is beautiful. I'm amazed at how well this one turned out. I think id actually use mel now lol. tho to be honest, I always thought i needed to touch up that hair a bit

Celdia

Here, here. Damned fine work, crew. If someone does the EVTCHRs with Meliadoul in them I'll gladly put this sprite into CCP.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Fosil

Is Mando's "meliadoul2a (1).bmp" the agreeable final sprite? (Minus the portrait pictured on it, of course.)
And then the portrait is mostly complete, aside from a few other detail suggestions?

Is it particularly difficult to edit the event version? Me, being naive, thought it would borrow from the battle sprite in some way.  :oops:

Lijj

Yeah that's the one I based the armor in the portrait off of: Meliadoul2a.
    I see what Mav is saying about the part but feel if it were moved the curve on the front bang would have to be redone more curving outward (to our left)too which would look awkward at least if I do it based on what I perceive. So maybe Twinees later can touch it up if he feels it is a good thing to do. Or has a better picture in his mind.
    Could you kill the rest of that palette on 2a before submitting?.. unless you want to make a more diverse palette of 5 color schemes. (she's not a generic so no need for more than one)
I haven't done an Evtchr edit before but it just consists of special frames not found on the sprite sheet. There is a tutorial I will get to eventually

Twinees

slight update on portrait and original sprite for reference.