• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:45:01 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Check Project Ideas

Started by Mando, January 25, 2011, 07:13:03 am

Mando

February 24, 2011, 03:52:36 am #80 Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:30:24 pm by Mando
Ok.. so I have been on break from patching... I am working on an update to my patch. It will be massive and game altering.

So first and for most all the sprites of characters you wont obtain. I'm just replacing them in that story battle they would normally join with a character I want you to obtain.

Second. Job edits. I have listened. So I decided to do these things and these are not all of what I am going to do.

1. ALL jobs that had NEW innates will be removed. Only ninja, samurai, and dragoon keep theirs.

2.Mercenary = freelancer (skill will be changed i.e. they will have less) Sprite will likely change as well. They will be able to use ALL melee weapons however they cannot equip armor. Skillset will be called "Fray"

3. Knights will become FFTA fencers and I will make their skillset emulate the FFTA fencer to the best of my ability. They will be fairly quick, use light armor, swords (and maybe rapiers if I add them and edit it properly) "Lunge" eventhough they may not actually lunge... lol better name suggestion for skillset are welcome

4. Rangers, They will still use a bow for normal attacks however all skills will emulate a throw or trap style effect under the skill set "Hunt". Therefore most of their skills will change. They will also recieve thief's ambush skill

5. Red Mage- FDC suggested that they get instant no-mp cost spells. I am going to go through with this idea. They will have mixed ma/pa stats, low mp pool. Ability to equip chest armor, shields and swords. They will get instants of: poison,pro/shell, raise, cure, fire, ice, bolt (keeping the names I have for them currently on red mage) They will also have the power of the 1.5 version of spells.

6. Thief - will be renamed "Swindler" They will lose apply poison and ambush. They will gain some of the old knight moves. Therefore they can do some breaks. They will also get a replacement move for steal heart... perhaps "Love Hurts" a move that does some damage but has a chance to charm.

7. Illusionist will be replaced by blue mage, skill set to be announced but they will recieve innate monster skill.

8. Oracle renamed "Saboteur" with the skillset "Enfeeble" will recieve the beowulf version of skills (without the sword requirement) this includes Shock aka Zap in my patch. Also they will obtain  slow 1, 2 and maybe stop.

9. Black mage will lose flare but gain the 6 elemental illusions from illusionist. They will be slightly weakened but cost less mp.

10. White mage will gain the Stardust (non-element) illusion weakened as well, plus haste 1 &2

11.Mystic Knight will become Biskmatar and use the onion knight sprites. They will have the casting range of a black mage tier one spell and effect the same panels for the 6 elements. HOWEVER, they will be using the rafa Asura truth formula that will enable them to hit up to 5 times, the mp cost will be low and this will be able to hit allies.
Skillset: Flair
Liquefaction - fire base
Reverberation - water base
Impaction - Thunder base
Detonation - wind base
Scission - earth base
Induration - ice base
Meteor Crash = Aoe spell based around caster. summon style damage and radius but can injure allies(cannot injure self)
Transfixion = short 3 panel linear attack that can hit promised 3 times using hydra formula (holy damage)
Compression = short 3 panel linear attack that can hite promised 3 times using hydra formula (dark damage)

12. Blessed knights now = Defender or paladin (whatever name is more popular) they will be a mix between FFTA defender and paladin
They will have as of now:
Nurse- heal centered off caster can hit up to 4 other alies aka + (like that plus sign)
Saint's Cross - same as the nurse effect but holy based damage
Meltdown - self destruct style move but can hit only on target 2 panels away
Subdue - weak damage move like repeating fist but weaker, used to break people out of charm, confusion, sleep
Holy Blade - single target holy sword damage
Defense - Sends you and nearby allies into Defend stance without having to set the skill
(possible skill) Invincible - using the wall ASM self target about 30 mp cost Wall on yourself.
can use all armor swords and shields

13. Dark knights now Ravager - lose dark intimidation, and poison
Gain demi 1 and 2
The dark and knight sword will return to normal damage but have a small mp cost attached (dark sword's being real small)
Soul Eater will be modified so that it hits REAL hard but has a hefty mp cost
dark wave's damage will be improved to work like a high end draw out ability
They will also get a move called "Cleave" a linear holy explosion style dark based move
can use all armor and swords (no shields)

14. Ninja, they will lose Metsu
they will also be weakened spell wise a bit but the ct on spells will be lowered!

15. Ramza - new class names and unique skills that differs from freelancer.

Other classes will have small tweaks as well but no major improvements.

New weapons, aka less axes and different sword variations and other additional weapons for classes.

Also this update will be Infusion 2.0 (SO BIG IT SKIPPED 1.4 and went straight to 2!!!)

attached are the blue mage conversions im working on... not much will change only small things

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Mando

Biskmatar sprite (onion knight from psp)

Mando

February 27, 2011, 01:23:15 am #83 Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:34:13 pm by Mando
I will test it quite a bit before the 2.0 release. This first patch was like alpha testing for me.

So unless someone is really wanting to try out new patch before an official 2.0 release. It won't be out in public for a while.

Sprites will also be changed around some. For a different 'flavor'

Freelancer female and male then-
Ravager female and male below.

dinosaur

FreeM_5 is such a cool sprite!

Mando don't be upset at me. I suck at forum talk, as Celdia can contest. Do your best to release a patch and tell me what things you want me to look out for. I will play it and also add commentary- I won't let you down sweetheart <3

dinosaur

Blue Mage is good, using enemy skills. I would use ones from FFT. I know you like the FFTA monster skills but maybe you can make that into another class.

I am said to see the illusionist go ... it is a good concept.

Mando

March 14, 2011, 01:55:44 am #86 Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:49:58 am by Mando
Updated Job Requirements diagram

[

Mando

March 16, 2011, 04:52:08 am #87 Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:53:39 am by Mando

Kagebunji

I liked the second one a lot. Ramza is an axe user in your patch, yes? I can't see why he jumps then, perhaps he should rely on purely brute attacks etc. But those jumps are nice nonetheless(I get the feeling that Freya would be awesome here, perhaps Iwill have to finish the sprite sometime).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mando

In this new patch I'm removing axes in fact it's like I'm starting over. I used that patch file as sn example because he had mastered skills. I'll make more bids of new animation combos today. I am keeping things like babus and Beatrix. But the jobs you get are different. Summoners are going to summon via dia and persevere. They will lose some summons and thr ones they do keep will be weakened and caster centered. I'll explain this patch more as it goes on. Perhaps I'm better off going back to patch ideas.