• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 12:11:51 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Patching Trouble

Started by sutebenukun, September 18, 2010, 11:22:58 pm

sutebenukun

Hello all, I have recently come across the Ability Require Hack and had changed the ability requirements of one of my jobs. I understood how to actually apply the changes to the abilities the problem I am having is that I have honestly no idea how to actually patch this to my game. Could someone please explain how to patch it?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

Jon

Were you using FFTPatcher to change job levels or the cost of JP? All you have to do if you are using FFTPatcher is go to either PSX or PSP and patch your iso. If you aren't using FFTPatcher, how did you change the stats or JP cost to begin with?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

sutebenukun

Job levels and stats? I didn't change those. I used the FFTPatcher to take off all the abilities with "Require Sword" and "Material Blade" like ARH said, then I opened it up. (It's an excel document) and changed some abilities to be split up between the females and the males but when I went to patch it I didn't really understand the directions: here are some screen shots:

This is the directions on how to patch it:
http://img214.imageshack.us/f/arhscreen2.jpg/

This is what I did on ARH:
http://img530.imageshack.us/f/arhscreen1.jpg/

philsov

iirc, you're going to want to get two programs:

CDMage

Winhex

Extract both battle.bin and scus using CDmage.

Open up these respective files in Winhex, locate the offset, and then paste (while overwriting) what you copied in from the spreadsheet.  Then you import the newer battle.bin and scus files back in place.  For example:

extraction/import:

locating offset -- this for example is x04CAB4.  Scroll to 0x00ECB8C for example to input the data table for the ARH.  This is hex; instead of numbers ending in 0 they end in F -- base 16.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

sutebenukun