• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTOMGTZ BACK FROM THE GRAVE!

Started by VampragonLord, January 06, 2010, 06:32:10 am

Dome

Quote from: "VampragonLord"@Dome, cool, drop any/all feedback either here or in my inbox (here for general gameplay, inbox for spoilers when the "full" game starts being released. Also, could you make a general gameplay video once we have the "full version" released as well?
I can make videos whenever you want, just ask and it will be done ^_^
P.s: As a funny random character, can we put a knight in white armor that tries to fight zombie with a sword and a shield? (Maybe he should have 1 movement to represent that he is in full armor and moves slowly) xD

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Jon

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zaen

"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

SilvasRuin

The arms look stretched due to the position of the hands.  The blood looks more like it should be flesh than blood, but that might be on purpose for the head.  the blood on the hands looks... bad.  Really, only an extremely fresh zombie should have any blood that isn't already dry.  If you're going to have such gashes on the head, I would expect to see the skull or even some brains showing through a little, but that's just me and is by no means something that is needed.  If you insist on dripping blood, the animation will have to show it actually dripping, which would be a challenge in and of itself.  Back to the dried blood comment, bright red probably isn't a color you'd see on a zombie unless it just bit into someone or clawed someone, and I feel the blood is in the wrong places for that.

In my personal opinion, I see no point in the cliched holding their arms forward while shambling towards you.  I would personally like to see their arms swinging limply at their sides up until they attack.  Don't know how Vampragon feels about that though.

Jon

@Zaen - Thank you :)

@SilvasRuin - Hmm, I see your points and understand what you mean. The blood should be dry, and making skull/brains on this Mustadio clone is beyond my capabilities, but hells yeah! Someone put some brains gushing out! As for the dripping blood, I can do that in his walking frame, that really is actually not too challenging, you just need to test it over and over in Shishi. You did not mention his legs, which I did very quickly and sloppily. I want some of his legs exposed, but this was meant just as a quick idea, made it in about 10 minutes...also he will either be bare footed or better- I will make his legs sort of limpy...yeah, but only if Vamp is alright with this...

Edit: I had an idea: how about someone makes a chainsaw killer? I could in theory if I find some decent reference for a chainsaw on goole or yahoo or something...and he can be wearing a hockey mask and also dripping with blood. Should I do a sprite of this too?

SilvasRuin

I'm not sure the kind of era it's supposed to be in would even have chainsaws...

I assumed you ripped the legs from something else and either weren't going to edit them or hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Jon

Haha, the era can't have chainsaws even though there are guns? Okay, I guess you are right in the end...

Also, those are the same Mustadio legs without his pouch thingie where he keeps his secret stock of mandalia grass, and also his shoes are changed to blue. Not ripped from another sprite, too lazy to do that ;)

VampragonLord

Silvas, every time i see your posts it makes me glad you're on this project with me. You always seem to say pretty much what I would say. Blue shoes with blue pants kind of causes issues. Its a decent concept but a bit more believable would be preferable. An overall "limp" look would be much better than the whole "stereotype".
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

woodenbandman

Chainsaws wouldn't be effective anyway with the way the zombie AI is.

I still vote for shotguns though. I hope that gets implemented.

Dome

Ofc course they will
Guns, shotguns and sniper rifle xD

VampragonLord

Zombie AI has been changed (thanks to kokojo for his idea on how to do it) They are now much more relentless in their pursuit. Cluster bomb is getting nerfed, hard. I have had a small set back with the events (camera issue) but this has been mostly corrected and i will resume editing of the script itself. Expect a more "playable" demo by tuesday at the latest. this one will be part storyline teaser, part gameplay/difficulty update. The zombies will no longer cower away, and will be MUCH more relentless.

The bulk of the battles will contain zombies still(not 100% but still plenty of em) but some of the higher up enemies will be a bit more.... super natural.
I am off to change around some events for maybe another hour or so.
On that /note, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to drop them here.(be it plot, characters, skills, maps, whathaveyou) ill gladly read them and give you feed back. We have most of the main plot planned out at this point, but i will still take what you guys think into consideration, seeing as you guys are the target audience.

Dome

More weapons to use
Guns (Normal range and normal damage)
Sniper rifles (High damage and high range, maybe high MP cost?)
Shotgun (High damage low range)
Bombs (AoE damage)
Chainsaw (Melee damage only)

This, ofc, is possible only if There are more kind of zombies
I'd like to see some necromancer too, and I'd like to fight Gaffy as a Zombie (Because he will die)

VampragonLord

melee damage is somewhat...... useless, given the nature of the battle system. >.>
The weapon itself is fairly customizable, making adding other "types" like that fairly redundant.

You can modify the reload speed, max clip, ammo type (different ones are stronger vs different units), base element, and power of your gun. Along with getting different types of shots (such as higher powered, multi shot, AoE, status, etc).

Jon

Hmmm, without giving out too much info, please just tell me what era/time period this is playing in. I have a mountain of ideas for sprites for this, but I need to know the time period. Anyone ever play the Castlevanias on N64? They have got a lot of good monsters in those 2 games...but plays in the 1800's...

VampragonLord

Closest shot would be a cross between ivalice, and van helsings era.

SilvasRuin

Actually...  If swords are made into chainsaws (or whatever other weapon is used), there could be "normal" melee attacks added with a requirement for swords to be equipped.  The shots would wind up like a Gunblade sort of deal when a melee weapon is equipped.  I really don't think they would ever be a preferable option, but they are certainly doable.

Dome

In games like this, there is always some kind of melee weapon, as last resort...

SilvasRuin

Considering Equip Change would take a turn, it still wouldn't be preferable even if a melee attack could deal the killing blow.

VampragonLord

Two seperate options when zombies start getting close.
The melee route. Turn 1) Equip change to sword/knife/chainsaw. Turn 2) sword/knife/chainsaw whatever is close. Zombies turn, Zombie resurrects right next to you, drinks you dry.
The gun route. Turn 1) Reload. Turn 2) Purify, no more zombie to worry about.

Samuraiblackbelt

having a melee attack in your skillset would work. make it something that requires a sword to equip and has 1 AoE
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."