• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

The Lion War of the Lions 1.02 - Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, September 18, 2022, 05:15:42 pm

whickus

Typo - Rumor - A Turning Point:

Displayed text is "Duke arg's forces" rather than "Duke Larg's forces.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

TTGL23

Is it possible to add in "The War of the Lions" to the text to be more in keeping with the PSP terminology?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: TTGL23 on November 14, 2022, 08:27:08 pmIs it possible to add in "The War of the Lions" to the text to be more in keeping with the PSP terminology?

Dude, what about this BUG REPORTING thread makes you think this would be a good place to ask?

Also, no, absolutely not. If I wanted it to be called War of the Lions, that is what I would have called it. War of the Lions has the absolute most dogshit translation of any game I've ever played. So the mod gets a dumb name to go with a dumb translation.

Next time post in the right place...
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Come on, Elric, tell us how you really feel about this translation.

But, yeah, the name isn't changing. There're already more than enough people confusing TLW with WotL, and naming a PSX mod after the PSP game's subtitle would only make it so, so much worse.

We all vouched for a silly name because, as silly as it is, it does perfectly sum up what this project is. TLW with the script of WotL.

Also, it genuinely makes me chuckle.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: Nyzer on November 15, 2022, 06:20:49 pmCome on, Elric, tell us how you really feel about this translation.

Yeah sorry, was having a rough day and over reacted. My point still stands, but I could have gone about it much better.

7anjabil

Excellent mod, a thoroughly enjoyable return to Ivalice.

Only encountered a few bugs in my playthrough, posted here: https://imgur.com/a/jwG9Ra7

They're all self-explanatory (text, portrait palette issues on the last rendezvous mission) but the Sasuke's Blade issue I found is that it would always say I had 1 in stock, when I had more.

Again, thanks for the experience!

3lric

Lucavi00

Unsure if this is common but when I patch my FFT to the newest DL of the Lion War, I cannot use my controller.

I am using Duckstation with a PS5 controller connected to my PC vis USB.

Before I patch FFT, controller works fine but afterwards, no dice.

Any ideas?

3lric

Quote from: Lucavi00 on December 06, 2022, 08:00:06 pmUnsure if this is common but when I patch my FFT to the newest DL of the Lion War, I cannot use my controller.

Any ideas?

Literally no relation.

Hans_The_Manimal

Quote from: Lucavi00 on December 06, 2022, 08:00:06 pmUnsure if this is common but when I patch my FFT to the newest DL of the Lion War, I cannot use my controller.

Any ideas?

I had this same issue with Duckstation and was able to fix by going into the controller settings and changing to a digital controller. What's funny is this same issue can occur with older PSX games on physical hardware when Analog is turned on while using a Dualshock controller.

Anyways, hope that helps and I love playing this mod so much appreciation to the team for adding the WOTL translation.
Gob-gob!!!
  • Discord username: Hans_The_Manimal

3lric

Quote from: Hans_The_Manimal on December 10, 2022, 02:09:07 pmI had this same issue with Duckstation and was able to fix by going into the controller settings and changing to a digital controller. What's funny is this same issue can occur with older PSX games on physical hardware when Analog is turned on while using a Dualshock controller.

Anyways, hope that helps and I love playing this mod so much appreciation to the team for adding the WOTL translation.

Thank you for the clarification

Hillgrave

May 30, 2023, 05:59:19 pm #31 Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 04:18:15 pm by Hillgrave
Description window for the Mythril Knife is messed up.

The animated page-turn symbol in the description window for the Leather Cap is on top of some text. Haven't tested with other items, and don't remember if the original is like that too.

Using SwanStation.

EDIT: The animated page-turn symbol "issue" is present in several other item descriptions, and has to do with the window width (specifically, if the description text is as wide or less than the job list at the bottom). This one's not a big deal, obviously, but in case one of the authors is anal about this kind of stuff and just missed it, it's a thing.
  • Discord username: Hillgrave

Hillgrave

Typo when kicking one of the starters from the party.

Cral_lemon

June 02, 2023, 11:06:02 pm #33 Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 08:36:20 am by Cral_lemon
Hello, i been away for a wile but recently found in youtube someone telling how great the lion war mod for the PX1 was, so had to try it. I download the lion war of the lions and start playing it and its been great so far, i was a bit confused at first with the guest not being able to be interact in the party screen but it's okay.
I have a question, Are there no humans in the random battles? i started chapter two and haven't found one human in the world map random battle so far. Is this a bug or a feature? I mean i know you guys want to make the game more like the PSP versions, and i guess hinder the lot you can get from enemies on the gear section, but it's just strange  and uncomfortable because fallen enemy humans is a great way to learn abilities from their crystals making the process of learning new abilities really grindy. 

Hillgrave

June 03, 2023, 12:39:06 pm #34 Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 12:40:21 pm by Hillgrave
Description window for the Spiked Boots is messed up too.

Hillgrave

June 03, 2023, 10:40:46 pm #35 Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 11:38:57 am by Hillgrave
Adamant Vest description window is messed up just like the Spiked Boots and Mythril Knife.

I don't wanna spam about the same issue over and over, so I'm going to stop reporting it unless someone tells me otherwise.

RetroTypes

Quote from: Hillgrave on June 03, 2023, 10:40:46 pmAdaman Vest description window is messed up just like the Spiked Boots and Mythril Knife.

I don't wanna spam about the same issue over and over, so I'm going to stop reporting it unless someone tells me otherwise.

TLW and TLWotL will likely not be getting any more updates, but that doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't report new bugs as you find them! I'd just recommend editing an existing post to consolidate all similar bugs together, like all of the text descriptions for example, into one post. That way you're not spamming new posts. But if you find a completely new type of bug that no one else has mentioned, I'd encourage you to post about it! If nothing else, it will help anyone who makes a mod based off of this (since TLW/TLWotL are also intended to be bases for other mods).
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

Hillgrave

June 04, 2023, 01:25:10 pm #37 Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 12:45:18 pm by Hillgrave
Sounds good, RetroTypes. I'll use this post to compile my lists.

Thanks for the info!

DESCRIPTION WINDOW GRAPHICS ISSUES:

Adamant Vest
Chameleon Robe
Circlet
Gaia Gear
Germinas Boots
Mythril Knife
Spiked Boots

ERRANDS / REWARDS:

1) During a report, some text went beyond the width of the text box two times (The Sea's Bounty)
2) During a report, some text touched the border of the text box two times (The Dawn Queen)
3) While confirming an errand, some text went outside the text box (Zerro's Challenge)
4) During a report, some text went beyond the width of the text box (Zerro's Challenge)
5) During a report, some text touched the border of the text box (Mesa's Legacy)
6) During a report, some text went beyond the width of the text box (Clockwork Faire)
7) While being dubbed a Level 2 or 3 Treasure Hunter, some text touched the border of the text box--I don't remember if 1 was the same
8) Wrong report (Old Toppa's Will uses the text for The Dawn Queen)
9) Wrong report (Salvage Expedition uses the text for The Highwind)
10) Wrong report (Abandoned Mine uses the text for--I'm guessing--Salvage Expedition)
11) During a report, some text touched the border of the text box (Gleddia Isle)
12) During a report, some text touched the border of the text box (Foundered Vessel)
13) Wrong report, and some text went beyond the width of the text box (Fia's Wish, which uses the text for one of the Zerro errands)
14) During a report, some text touched the border of the text box two times, and some went beyond it two times (Secret Society)
15) Wrong report (Count Minimas used some text about spies when it should have been about opening his family vault)
16) Repeated errand / wrong report, and some text touched the border of the text box (Count Minimas appeared again immediately after completing it, and used some text about teaching a girl the art of conversation when it should have been about opening his family vault)
17) Twice-repeated errand (Count Minimas appeared for a third time immediately after completing it for a second time--haven't started it yet)
18) "secrey" should be "secret" (description for Moppet Bread)

SPELLING / GRAMMAR / PUNCTUATION:

1) "That.was not a jape?" (kicking a generic unit from the party)
2) "Think you mere --will-- enough to see you victorious?" (Cardinal Delacroix to Ramza -- pretty sure "you mere" should be "your mere")
3) "Each excruciation ecstasy!" (CĂșchulainn to Ramza -- adding a comma, resulting in "Each excruciation, ecstasy!" makes the sentence easier to understand)
4) " . . . the first full-scal battle . . . " (Rumors: A Stalemate)
5) The Monastery Vaults map titles should have punctuation before the level listing (e.g. Monastery Vaults: Level One)
6) " . . . maggot grown fat . . . " (Delita to Ovelia after Orbonne raid upon leaving Dorter -- should be " . . . maggots grown fat  . . . "
7) "An powerful being . . . " (Lich job description)
8) Ellipses throughout the Ashley Riot recruitment section are followed by single spaces--as should be the case--but no spaces follow ellipses anywhere else in the game (except for one instance I remember, where a new sentence was started immediately afterwards, but I won't refer to that going forward). I think this inconsistency is down to two different style choices at play rather than a repeated oversight throughout most of the game (because a different writer was used for the Ashley Riot section). The style that uses spaces after ellipses is generally more correct, even if the other style was present in the PSP original.
9) " . . . Duke arg's . . . " (Rumors: A Turning Point)
10) "No.57" should be "No. 57" (Besrodio to Mustadio while looking at the Automaton shell)
11) "W, what is this?" should be "W-what is this?" (Mustadio while looking at the Automaton shell)

MISC.

1) The graphics slightly glitched out on the win screen of the Belias fight (after displaying the first line of text, it seemed like the game hanged, then there was a frame or two of garbage in the lower-right section of the screen, after which things moved along as normal, but with some minor pixel artifacting--game pixels, to be clear--while the screen faded to black for the next scene).
2) Chapter 4 title text (it's supposed to wipe in from left to right, but a chunk of the lower-right portion instantly appeared before the wipe got there)

Hillgrave

June 07, 2023, 12:46:26 pm #38 Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 12:54:07 pm by Hillgrave
Quote from: Cral_lemon on June 02, 2023, 11:06:02 pmI have a question, Are there no humans in the random battles? i started chapter two and haven't found one human in the world map random battle so far.

I'm on Chapter 3, and have encountered humans in random battles since it began. None prior to Chapter 3, but I wasn't farming, so that may not mean much.

3lric

Keep reporting. Edit the existing post to compile