• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:14:07 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Hello...question about an old trick from FFT

Started by BiggsDiesAtTheEnd, July 08, 2022, 07:37:34 pm

BiggsDiesAtTheEnd

New poster here and hope this place isn't dead.  Long time fan of the game but know nothing about modding.  I hope to learn how to at least play it one day though.

My question is fairly straightforward I think...

In the original FFT, Square developed the game to base your encounter difficulty on the level of "Ramza" (or whatever you chose to name the lead).  Because of this, you could somewhat cheat encounters and make them easy by keeping the main's level low while the other characters were heavily developed.  I was just curious if this still works in TLW 2.0 the latest mod version? (or has battle difficulty selection been changed?)

Hope to see everyone around if anyone is still here!!
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

You're mistaken. The level of enemies in random is based on the character with the highest level in your roster; unless Ramza is highest level, his level doesn't matter.

And yes, TLW aims to present a vanilla experience and it still works that way.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful