• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:10:17 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The Golem War (Name Pending)

Started by Briar Rose, November 21, 2021, 09:47:59 am

Briar Rose

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a wonderful day and welcome to my project! The end idea for this mod is a completely new story, events, classes - the whole works. I'm sure more of the experienced members are instantly wondering if I'm biting off more than I can chew. The simple fact is, I can't work anymore and need a project to work on and while I don't know ASM, map editing, or event editing yet, I am prepared to learn. I'm in no rush, so not much room to be disappointed if it takes months to learn something as it'll keep me busy! I plan on breaking down this entire idea of mine is steps as well. Since I'm a big organizer, here goes!

Step 1: Ideas
Description: This section will include a list of ideas I am looking to implement as I work through the patch as a whole. Obviously, this is a living document and will change over time!
• Balance the game from the ground up.
• Create new classes (ideas pending on potential story).
• Create a "rune" system where each class as a "ultimate skill" but requires a "rune" to be equipped before it's enabled. This'll require the ARH hack and Synthesis Shop.
• Even progression - 1 level per battle, 300 JP and 5000 Gil (once I delve into ASM, I may change these numbers).
• Either Smart or No random encounters (ASM hack).
• Changing armor from HP/MP to damage reduction (ASM hack).

Step 2: Balancing
Description: This step is a big project in of itself and will be the base of any future work. The plan is to adjust all stat growths, stat multipliers, weapon damage, shield evade, armor damage reduction (though I won't be applying any ASMs are first, so it'll be balanced HP/MP), CTs, and MP costs. Generally speaking I am hoping for lower numbers across the board, however if that seems unrealistic I may include the ASM that unlocks 65000 HP/MP limits. Most of this will be theory work in excel at first.

Further Steps TBA

Disclosure: I am about transparency when possible. I do suffer from some conditions such as C-PTSD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Persistent Depressive Disorder so at times I may not seem very social at all while other days I might seem more open. However if you ever have a question, comment, suggestion, idea, etc. please feel free to either reply here, send me a private message, or tag me on discord and I'll be sure to reply as soon as I am able!~
  • Modding version: PSX

Desocupado

I'd advise you to have smart battles - people need to grind to compensate suboptimal build choices. It's much healthier to have this as an option rather than force to restart the story.
This is specially more important if you make new classes, abilities and change encounters and enemies.

The idea of having the game balanced around a specific level, like 50, can work adequately, even if the optional content (like deep dungeon) is 50+. I'm saying that having unbalanced gameplay at higher level can be interesting.
  • Modding version: PSX