• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:34:49 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Quality of Life Pack v1.14b

Started by Xifanie, September 17, 2021, 03:41:17 pm

Xifanie

September 17, 2021, 03:41:17 pm Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 06:37:55 pm by Xifanie Reason: Added a warning about Cross Skip & the EIUH
Download the Newest Beta (this seems to be the most stable version)
💾 QoL v1.14b.ppf (patch only)
💾 QoL v1.14.zip (source)

Compatible with The Lion War!
Note: If using Cross Skip, the Event Instruction Upgrade hack provided with the TLW Resources must be reapplied to TLW afterwards, using OrgASM (also provided in the Resources).

• ✅ Smart Encounters 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Permadeath Terminator (Ramza can decay version) 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Zodiac Compatibility Highlighting (Zodiac Compatibility is shown for a specific unit when holding Square in battle, with the cursor over that unit) 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Cancel Movement 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Cross Skip 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Extended Warranty: Safe Steals/Break 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Special characters can do propositions v2 『Xifanie』『Razele』
  • ✅ Soldier Office can rename any units (including humans and special characters) 『Razele』
  • ✅ JP/Exp earned doesn't display for enemy teams or guests 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Foes and Guests show no enthusiasm on (job) level up 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Guests use enemy inventory 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Sound Test (enter PolkaPolka as Ramza's name) 『FFMaster』
  • ✅ 2nd Squad is not mandatory 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ 50% chance to get the rare item when poaching 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Move-Find Item is Player only 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Only rare Move-Find Items v2 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Equip Change Fix (doesn't cost a turn if the R/L Hands were changed) 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Pause Fix (when trying to pause during AI turns) 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Default to Continue instead of New Game 『Xifanie』
  • ✅ Switch unit number with L1 and R1 buttons (formation) 『Glain』
  • ✅ Save overwrite defaults to Yes v2 『Xifanie』

Installation
Patch the ppf on top of your ISO.

For modders:
ASM Hacks folder included, as well as TLW QoL Hacks.xlsm for development.

Possible Future Updates

• Event Skip Hack (Needs the hack and base TLW to be updated)『Glain』
  • Preview action results on units outside of range (unlikely)
  • Can view ??? stats (just opening the window) 『Xifanie』

Known Bugs

• Not compatible with the Cross Skip + Smart Encounters patch
  • Sound Test text is gone. This was removed in TLW
  • Kletian vs Meliadoul triggers even if Meliadoul is on a proposition then crashes the game

Download 1.13b. Just in case I left older versions.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Bonesy

If you or someone else ever is able to do even part of this I'd be so damn grateful. Mostly for cross skip and smart encounters.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Nyzer

The two of those can actually just be inserted into TLW as is!

Bonesy

yeah but more bells and whistles = more better
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Xifanie

October 02, 2021, 12:44:40 am #4 Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 09:58:02 am by Xifanie
v1.0b Released
Game breaking bug when patched on TLW. Will investigate.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Xifanie

v1.01b Released
  • Moved a bunch of ASM hacks to solve conflicts
  • Added "Switch unit number with L1 and R1 buttons (formation)"

Xifanie

1.02b Released
  • Added "Save overwrite defaults to Yes"

Xifanie

October 04, 2021, 12:29:12 am #7 Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 12:42:34 pm by Xifanie
1.03b Released
  • Upgraded "JP/Exp earned doesn't display for foes" to include guests
  • Added "Event Skip"
  • Added "Guests use enemy inventory"
  • Added "Foes and Guests aren't enthusiastic about leveling up"

You probably cannot patch over 1.02b

Xifanie

October 11, 2021, 01:39:28 am #8 Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 01:54:32 am by Xifanie
1.04b Released
  • Removed "Event Skip". It will be added back when we can get it to play nicely with the treasure wheel and the NG+ event)
  • Fixed a bug with "Permadeath Terminator" which made it improperly detect the unit's team, leading to the wrong units being flagged
  • Updated "Switch unit number with L1 and R1 buttons (formation) 『Glain』" to only function while the CT view is activated in order to preserve the vanilla unit selection with L1/R1

Patch fresh

Timbo

• Discord username: Timbo

oooSECTORooo

Hi, I have used this mod on a clean ISO image, having installed TLW. Game over, and after killing Altima, I looked at the credits and the depth on murond menu appeared. But I don't see the Continue + and NG + options... I did all the sidequests, including deep dungeon. Detect that the problem was having the QoL mod installed. Luckily I had a save just before killing Altima, so I again used a clean ISO with TLW mod, but without QoL. And the options NG + and Continue + appeared. After this, I started an NG + I made a save in the first battle and reinstalled the QoL mod. I am currently going through chapter 3 without any problem, but wanted to report this possible error. I use the PSX 1.13 emulator.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Xifanie

January 29, 2022, 02:36:41 pm #11 Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 04:55:07 pm by Xifanie
1.05b Released
  • Replaced Razele's "Broken / stolen items can be bought back at Fur Shop" with Xifanie's "Extended Warranty: Safe Steals/Breaks". Razele's hack did not discriminate between player and foe, which led to the creation of this new hack. It returns your stolen gear after battle, and allows you to "repair" your broken equipment (including draw out shattered katanas) at the Fur Shop
  • Upgraded "Save overwrite defaults to Yes" to support the memory card screen between battles

Patch fresh

Xifanie

February 01, 2022, 04:56:56 pm #12 Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 09:39:52 pm by Xifanie
1.1 Released
  • Added "Cancel Movement". It allows to cancel your movement by pressing Cross, except in the following circumstances: picking up a treasures/crystals/move-find items, triggering traps, and teleport fails
  • Upgraded "Only rare Move-Find Items" to version 2 as a proper ASM hack instead of patch the hex values of the rare items over the common ones

.ppf ➜ patch fresh
.xml ➜ patch over/fresh

Xifanie

February 01, 2022, 09:38:55 pm #13 Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 09:54:09 pm by Xifanie
1.11 Released
  • Fixed a bug where the ppf and xml were compiled with "No one is enthusiastic about leveling up" instead of foes + guests

.ppf ➜ patch over/fresh
.xml ➜ patch over/fresh

Xifanie

1.12 Released
  • Added (or fixed?) "Fur Shop requires Secret Hunt learnt, not equipped" where it was not working as intended
  • Fixed bugs with "Extended Warranty: Safe Steals/Break" where:
    • AI predictions would add items to the fur shop and after battle
    • Gear of guests without save formation/join after event would become available to the player once broken/stolen
  • Condensed all hacks into a new kanji space location. Sorry modders! In the QoL Hacks spreadsheet, you can define the start of the kanji space used, and you'll also see where it ends

.ppf ➜ patch over/fresh
.xml ➜ patch over/fresh

Xifanie

1.13b Released
  • Fixed a bug with "Extended Warranty: Safe Steals/Break" where items stolen from foes would not be added to the player's inventory
  • Massive overhaul of the FFT Hacking Template spreadsheet allowing to save directly to ASM, but could potentially introduce bugs in any hackli]
.ppf ➜ patch over/fresh
.xml ➜ patch over/fresh

Schlagwerk

Very excited to try this out! I just started a TLW playthrough for the first time. Can I apply these QOL fixes to my existing ISO and retain progress on my current saves/playthorugh or will I have to start over?

Thanks for all your hard work on this. Very excited to have discovered this community :)

Akashachi

Quote from: Schlagwerk on April 03, 2022, 03:18:25 pmVery excited to try this out! I just started a TLW playthrough for the first time. Can I apply these QOL fixes to my existing ISO and retain progress on my current saves/playthorugh or will I have to start over?

Thanks for all your hard work on this. Very excited to have discovered this community :)

You can keep your saves without any issues.

Akashachi

Posting some bugs already reported on the discord: 

1. Related to the Cancel Movement hack:

If you move as your first action and you are equipped with any move-gain abilities (JP, EXP, MP and HP), you keep what you earned even if you cancel the movement. This affects all the abilities described above.

2.Enthusiasm on Job Level Up:
Sometimes playable characters Entusiasm id also removed in certain jobs. Had Ramza celebrate Job level up on Mediator but not on Oracle.

3.Extended Warranty still looks it has some weird behaviors with broken items:

I had two Masamunes. Sometimes after breaking one or two, there are two extra copies available to be bought at the Fur Shop. I started using those when I only had two, and by the end of that playthrough I have 5-6 available.

tom

May 28, 2022, 05:26:31 pm #19 Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 06:03:16 pm by tom
I believe I found a bug. With the QoL mod after rescuing Algus and the cutscene at the castle all available battles (Mandala Plains random, Sweegy Woods story, and protect the Chocobos) start with enemies between levels 28 and 32. My characters are level 1-2 at this time.

I've tried patching a couple times using PPF-omatic and also applyppf. The checksums for both come out the same, so I don't think it is the patch not being applied correctly. I didn't run across this without the QoL patch.

QoL 1.13b, TLW 2.021.

Starting bin is the "found online" from the stickied post: b156ba386436d20fd5ed8d37bab6b624
With both patches md5: 7d81c073c48dd68b167a9e2cd317968c
TLW only: 947336d15916ac9cc4be50c730aa6c22

I'm playing on MiSTer, which potentially could be the problem, but I haven't tried playing on an emulator yet.