• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:13:19 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Developing a Japanese Version of the Slowdown Removal Patch

Started by Integral, May 16, 2021, 04:03:20 am

Integral

May 16, 2021, 04:03:20 am Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 02:05:35 am by Integral Reason: Patch Produced
Out of sheer stuborness, I've decided to play through WoTL in Japanese and only Japanese. The issue is that none of the slowdown patches that are currently available seem to work for the Japanese version (not including patches that can only be applied using the original psp). I was wondering if there's any relatively quick way to check which sections of the game are being edited by the US and EU patches so that I can apply that to a patch for a Japanese version (and hopefully get it working). If there's anyone who can assist me with this I would be very much appreciative.

Edit- After a day of trying to reinvent the wheel, and 6 hours repurposing someone else's, I've produced a slowdown patch for the Japanese version of War of the Lions using xdelta. This was made via modifications on the work produced by Endrift and Archaemic so the majority of the credit goes to them.
  • Modding version: WotL

shadowgeo

Made an account just to thank you for this.  I've been checking to see if anyone has done this every couple of years, and lo and behold, someone had! Many thanks!
  • Modding version: WotL