• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:37:19 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

All FFT Characters Sprites Completion Project

Started by Bloodthirster0, September 19, 2009, 10:32:03 pm

mav

October 13, 2009, 07:26:52 am #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
As far as his right shoulder goes, I just wanted to point out that having both shoulders aligned looked really fake (for whatever reason), but I'll change it back. And I'll check on the shading all around--add some more wrinkles, etc.

EDIT: Newest version attached; shoulders aligned better, more shading added to chest. Couldn't get wrinkles on the forehead to look right. I figure that's why virtually no portraits in FFT have 'em...

Cheetah

October 13, 2009, 09:52:18 pm #81 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Oh yeah the neck is looking really really good now. The bottom right and left corners are looking just a bit flat, maybe just extending the shading but that might result in pillow shading.
Current Projects:

Bloodthirster0

October 13, 2009, 10:10:20 pm #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
wow Mav,this is...is..is awesome,it looks exactly like him and its also the nicest FFT bald dude ever.

I didnt work with the sprite this weekend and holydays(Monday and Tuesday),but I did progress with it,thanks to Seushiro,who showed me a new base for the sprite
Need something useful to write here

dwib

October 13, 2009, 10:30:25 pm #83 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
dude that looks baller, the shoulders are so much better now. very nice improvement

jimmyjw88

October 13, 2009, 11:54:16 pm #84 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Very nice mav ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

October 14, 2009, 08:17:43 am #85 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Quote from: "Cheetah"Oh yeah the neck is looking really really good now. The bottom right and left corners are looking just a bit flat, maybe just extending the shading but that might result in pillow shading.
Yeah, I'm afraid of verging into the pillow territory, but I think it'll be possible to add a little bit more shading without ruining anything. We'll see.

Anyways, once this one is done, I'll take a look at which other sprites will need portraits and take care of those too (assuming no one else wants to).

Bloodthirster0

October 14, 2009, 08:24:17 pm #86 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
here the new the revised version,with new legs and boots,boots now have 4 shades like the original design

Back View by Seushiro
Diag. Back View by Me

mav

October 15, 2009, 04:02:16 pm #87 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Looks good to me. Though what do I know?

Bloodthirster0

October 25, 2009, 02:16:51 pm #88 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
Ok,I need an assembler to make Bald Dude/Mitch Spritesheet since I dont have time and the patience to do it, the 5 main poses is enough for most of its completion,but I will keep working on the irregular poses like death,damage and critical poses

MerlinRST

Is there any tutorial on how to create these drawings/characters/sprites on the forum? I would like to learn to participate in future projects like this. (I still haven't found it, I landed here by parachute while looking for something else) and by the way, do any of you have Ruvelia's sprite? I can't find it anywhere. I would like to use it in a version of my FFT (It won't be available because it won't be a Dedicated MOD, just with some changes for me to play by myself)
  • Modding version: PSX
Merlin was here! ;)
  • Discord username: Harley Quinn#0534

CONMAN

There are a few little tutorials out there, but even if with all the knowledge- you will have to jump in the pool a little.

There is a tutorial here:  https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6618.0

I made a simply head swap / frankein-sprite tutorial with graphics gale : https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11236.msg213573#msg213573

While it might not be what you imagined, I did make a Ruvelia

MerlinRST

Quote from: CONMAN on November 15, 2022, 04:41:29 pmThere are a few little tutorials out there, but even if with all the knowledge- you will have to jump in the pool a little.

There is a tutorial here:  https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6618.0

I made a simply head swap / frankein-sprite tutorial with graphics gale : https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11236.msg213573#msg213573

While it might not be what you imagined, I did make a Ruvelia
I am happy to have the honor of using this sprite in a game that, despite not being very big, I will spend a lot of time playing. I am aware that you were involved in the creation of Ruvelia's sprite as I saw some posts on the forum, mainly about Souls of Destiny (which is already in my game library, and although I haven't played it yet, I saw your videos on youtube and I really liked the gameplay, I'm looking forward to playing it!). When I have some time from my work, I'll research the issue of creating sprites, and I'll try to create some work. And as for creating a dedicated mod like yours... well, it will take me a while to understand all those codes, but one day I will! Thanks again so much for letting me use your work!
Merlin was here! ;)
  • Discord username: Harley Quinn#0534