• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:27:45 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

The Lion War - Recruits

Started by 3lric, April 30, 2020, 06:30:58 am

ronin858

Quote from: Snowmeow on December 13, 2021, 10:33:14 amWell, my humble opinion is that, how Sword Spirit is just another name to Draw Out, of the original Sword Spirit not work, it'll be replaced by Draw Out, using the older name.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
hmmm, i Guess you is right.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

ronin858

Quote from: Elric on December 13, 2021, 09:54:18 pmA lot of Elmdor's ability can be attributed to Lucavi influence. His skillset has been adjusted to make it less mediocre since most enemies like him only have a couple abilities.
oh, Thats sounds interesting, i Very exciting for This mod

3lric

HI GUYS!

It's been a while since I posted here! With the final releases of TLW and TLWotL now out for everyone to enjoy (barring maybe a upcoming visual only bug fix or two for the latter), it's time to finally start work back on Jot5 and Recruits again.

We've made a few changes and additions. Initially this was just to add some new joining members, but we also decided we would like to expand the story a bit, and also fill out the remaining RDV from TLW as well as include some Mercenary sidequests if youve recruited Gafgarion.

I will post the Merc missions later today when I have some time, but for now, here is a visual of both, the entire joining squad (yes, Rafa and Malak are no longer joining), as well as the general event flow for the game. Enjoy

• Modding version: PSX

Holy2Tack

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

More updates on joining characters and some new events created

nitwit

That Lenalia post-Zeakden event perfectly bridges the events before and after it. Excellent work!

3lric

Quote from: nitwit on October 03, 2022, 09:45:29 pmThat Lenalia post-Zeakden event perfectly bridges the events before and after it. Excellent work!

Thanks man, this is something I've wanted to do for a long time now. Nice to be able to expand on vanilla without having to worry about staying vanilla, as I did with the standard TLW

Andre Pratama

Amazing Elric I want to try and I will be waiting for this

nitwit

Quote from: Elric on October 04, 2022, 01:05:07 amThanks man, this is something I've wanted to do for a long time now. Nice to be able to expand on vanilla without having to worry about staying vanilla, as I did with the standard TLW
I argued (of course) with someone recently that Ramza seems to shrug off the events of Zeakden pretty fast, these extra events are exactly what are missing. Granted it was a year between those events and Chapter 2, but nonetheless this is it. Looking forward to playing this.

3lric

Quote from: nitwit on October 04, 2022, 05:01:06 pmI argued (of course) with someone recently that Ramza seems to shrug off the events of Zeakden pretty fast, these extra events are exactly what are missing. Granted it was a year between those events and Chapter 2, but nonetheless this is it. Looking forward to playing this.

The goal is to actually create a chapter 1.5. The mod starts at the academy as Ch1 is no longer a flashback.

nitwit

Quote from: Elric on October 04, 2022, 08:40:03 pmThe goal is to actually create a chapter 1.5. The mod starts at the academy as Ch1 is no longer a flashback.
From what I've seen you're adhering to the short & sweet story beats that made FFT and Vagrant Story stand far above Tactics Ogre. You and your team should consider making a game with Godot engine or something, you really have something there.

3lric

Quote from: nitwit on October 05, 2022, 01:19:17 amFrom what I've seen you're adhering to the short & sweet story beats that made FFT and Vagrant Story stand far above Tactics Ogre. You and your team should consider making a game with Godot engine or something, you really have something there.

While the prospect of making a game in another engine is something Ive considered, i feel the same way about doing so with FFT as i do when people tell me to do so with RE. There are plenty of clones, but none of them give that same feeling of the real thing. Its hard to want to create on something else when we have such a great template to work from here.

Plus, someones gotta utilize some of the 200+ event slots that were made avaliable with TLW as a base patch lol

3lric

Heres another random thing. Just adjusting the worldmap a bit.

Ramza flees to Fovoham post Zalbag scene

SilverRegret

Quote from: Elric on May 01, 2020, 02:17:54 amI had thought about Izlude, since he was going to end up being the Holy Archer, but while I was able to write out complete death for Elmdor and Wiegraf, Izlude is quite well dead and bloody. So we opted to create a New Shrine Knight using an unused concept from the FFT files.

I do fancy the idea of using Aerith as a joinable character. I'll see if I can come up with some dialogue to make that work. My only is with the Aerith thing is that in FFT, they never explain why she is there, and who she even is, as she is clearly not the same Aerith. However it's never really explained when it is that Cloud comes to Ivalice either. I like to think, in my head, that it's during the time that he is in the test tube in Nibelheim, but who knows. That would need to be explored a tad further before being added in.

I had considered Elidibs, and he's not completely off the table as of yet. However we did use his WLDFACE/UNIT entry for the Holy Archer, but we shall see.

If i may, i have some ideas for izlude joining, yes he might be bloody and seems dead when ramza found him but wait, even zodiac stone can revive dead malak... And izlude is bearer of zodiac stone. Then he can join as revived character. On miluda battle, if player choose to bring him to battle maybe miluda can have angry comment like heretic ramza desecrate the dead by raise & manipulate izlude or something. That would not make the story deviate too much i think. Like tactic ogre, i do believe some character deserve a second chance, a different fate, as they not inherently evil...

3lric

Quote from: SilverRegret on October 08, 2022, 11:34:10 amIf i may, i have some ideas for izlude joining, yes he might be bloody and seems dead when ramza found him but wait, even zodiac stone can revive dead malak... And izlude is bearer of zodiac stone. Then he can join as revived character. On miluda battle, if player choose to bring him to battle maybe miluda can have angry comment like heretic ramza desecrate the dead by raise & manipulate izlude or something. That would not make the story deviate too much i think. Like tactic ogre, i do believe some character deserve a second chance, a different fate, as they not inherently evil...

All the characters have been decided already. Also I'm pretty sure you meant Meliadoul, Miluda is Weigraf's dead sister.

There issue wasn't the ability to do it technically, it was doing it in a way that makes sense, especially makes sense to me, if i don't agree with it and don't enjoy making it, then I won't make it, so I'd rather keep things as they are already. You can see the full character wheel a few posts above.

3lric

Another new event video for Recruits. This is event 4 post Zeakden

Big S

Hey Elric,

I've lurked in these forums and enjoyed a lot of the mods that this site offers for quite a while now. Seeing you guys resume work on such an awesome mod has me more excited than anything I've come across so far! I had to create an account here to let you know that your concept is amazing and aligns perfectly with my dream version of fft too!  :D  Thank you for the hard work and I'll be looking forward to the eventual release!

3lric

3lric

Holy2Tack

That event is awesome. I think it would be funny if Rad picked the gil back up before offering to buy him a drink. Seems like something he would do. Buy Ramza a drink with Ramza's money.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown