• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:22:41 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

ASM : All formulas can inflict status ???

Started by Orkney, May 26, 2020, 01:54:02 am

Orkney

Hi !

I'm confused, i'm pretty sure that i saw ,somewhere in the forum,an ASM hack allowing all formulas to inflict status.

I spend a few hours yesterday trying to find it again... It's drive me crazy.

Did i dream this hack ?

Bye
  • Modding version: PSX

IronJustice

I'm pretty sure all formulas can inflict status. Do you mean inflict 100% on hit?

On any damaging skill, change the value of the Inflict Status to cause it to apply a status. It's 20% by default. For weapons, the on hit effect is changeable in a similar way.
FFT: Spirit of '98 is out and ready for testers!
  • Discord username: Ironjustice

Nyzer

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Talcall

To explain Nyzer, (despite being severely underknowledged and I really should not be stepping in),
Several formulas do indeed have a no Status or "NS" condition that completely prevents the skill from inflicting any status ailments or buffs. Using the FFTPatcher, you can scroll through and find out which ones they are.
if you're thinking of changing this, consider delving into their Routines to see what's similar about them, that would cause NS.
consider reading This too
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

Orkney

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

This month i've started an attempt to "map" formulas routines in a spreadsheet.
What a mess ! I make nightmares with jal - jal again - "uber jal" - counter jal - hamedo jal routines  :| 
But it gives a clear view of which formula can proc status or not and how status is inflicted.
I know this will require ASM hacking, but i was persuaded that i've seen this hack somewhere on the forum.

I guess i was wrong  ;)