• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:33:37 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

(Solved) New Marksman Class is not working

Started by shadowfox, May 02, 2020, 09:18:16 am

shadowfox

May 02, 2020, 09:18:16 am Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 12:19:18 pm by shadowfox
Hello,

I was not having much luck finding a post which helped me so here I am. Apologies ahead of time if I missed a relevant one.

I pulled the Marksman class out of the 1.3 patch into a vanilla version of the game, edited the abilities, the game text, everything. Everything looks good, but once in a battle, attempting to execute the timed strike pretends like its going to happen and then nothing does. No damage, no charging icon if the strike would execute in more than one AT. I am not sure what I should attach to the post to troubleshoot. I made all ability edits via FFTPatcher as a heads up. Thanks in advance!
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

shadowfox

Here are the screenshots. I realized that I was running a test by selecting an ally. The ability says they are not eligible, not sure why it let me pick an ally, maybe this is the issue, will go run a test to try this on an enemy unit.

Nyzer

You didn't change Charge's Action Menu type?

shadowfox

Nyzer

You should. IIRC there is some hardcoding with the Charge slot though so you may want to switch Charge and Break's skills, since Break skills never use CT.

shadowfox

Ohhh you are right, it is changed to default in the 1.3 patched version. Interesting, will change that and test.

shadowfox

That fixed it. Good call...super silly question, how do I mark this as solved? Trying with message icon..which didnt work.

I dont see the tabs that were mentioned in the please close your topics post..

Nyzer

Editing the first post's title is how I do it