• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:36:28 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

R/S/M modding questions.

Started by PrometheusBR, April 16, 2020, 05:14:58 pm

PrometheusBR

Hi guys, I'm a huge fan If yours. First time modding, few quick doubts?

#1) How many RSM skills the same unir can have?

I ask this because the game allows 1 slot each, with patcher we can set more the 4 inherent ones, and with orgASM we can give give innate ALL to dozen more, half of which (Defend, Weapon Guard, Secret Hunt, Move fins Item, etc) I wish to use. So there's a limit to this?

2) Can a unit have more than one reaction skills? How this would work?

I ask because I want to give ranged weapons like Spears and longswords automatic Counter (so they have a range advantage over daggers and fists for example) but then I fear It would render the reaction skill slot useless. Can a character have a weapon that grants Counter, learn and use Dragon Spirit for example?

3) Why the Weapon Guard Innate All hack from OrgASM v491 isnt on v492? Should I be worried when one hack doesnt make It to the next version of FFTPatcher?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: ZeroX

Xifanie

1) You can enable all of them, but IIRC some with displayed effects might not stack with each other, like Move HP Up and Move JP Up. My Special Snowflakes hack allows you to give all the R/S/M you want to a unit, but this effect only lasts for the duration of the fight.

2) It's buggy to have innate reaction abilities for the player's units (the reaction slot will be overwritten with one of them), but it's totally fine to have multiple on an enemy-only job.

3) I'm not sure/don't remember.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

PrometheusBR

Thanks Xifanie, so no worries for the several supports then.

I figured the reaction thing would be complicated to have more than one. I wished the game checked for some sort of priority order, and this priority could be edited so I could move the situational ones like Critical: HP restore to the top and counter to the bottom so if one above was not appliable the game could check one below.

I really wanted to give close weapon combat a weapon range element where daggers/fists would be striking (rng 1) with no counter, swords/axes/maces would be striking with counter and polearms/staves/whips would be lunging also with counter.

This way a spear user would counter both sword and dagger attackers, and when attacking could only be countered by the sword user if only one panel away.

And sword users would counter dagger users but not be countered by them.

PrometheusBR

I'm not finding the option to mark the topic as solved. But I'll share a experience I had testing with you.

I testes the equipment with r/s/m skill, works perfectly, its an AWESOME mod, so thank you guys for it.

I've tested Ramza with Counter on his sword and dragonspirit as reaction, Agrias with counter (sword) and regenerator, Lavian with two counters (sword and reaction).

Here comes the weirdness:

O attacked each character a dozen times, Lavian as expectedly didnt counter twice a single time, so no big deal.

In both Agrias and Ramzas cases, the counter from the equipment overwrited the reaction skill in the status screen.

But in Ramza's case, in battle dragonspirit took priority and every time he reacted, always was with it,.none with counter.

Agrias case is more curious, because she was almost the polar opposite of Ramza with counter taking over regenerator, being the reaction used multiple timea.

But there's a reason I said almost. Of the dozen times Agrias reacted, there was a aingle one when she reacted with regenerator, not counter,.showing that the game indeed recognized both reaction abilities. Happened only onve and I dont why it was.

Maybe this could be further tested, but I guess is not worth the trouble. As I said It's lame in the way the weapon Reactiom skill shows up in the status screen overwriting the one you set up.

Just thought it was worth to mention the test.