• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 07:07:46 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Job Reel and Sprite Synch Issues

Started by Lezales, August 08, 2008, 04:12:07 am

Lezales

August 08, 2008, 04:12:07 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lezales
Hello everyone.

I've been playing with the Lion Editor for awhile. After messing with some of the tabs, I decided to patch one of my files. I originally applied the patch -after- having completed the intro battle, so I never had the chance to catch the following issues before the start of Chapter 1. The result during Chapter 1 worked out rather nicely, so I thought I had a successful understanding of the editor. Seems I was wrong.

After completing chapter one, I noticed this issue:

Rad, whom I had given Delita's job class, was in C1Ramza's sprite. Except during the formation screen, in which he reverted to C1Delita. The sprite reverted to the generics sprite when I changed his class, however that wasn't exactly my intended result.

Alicia and Lavian seem to have it worse. The class I had set them as was 3D Knight (the undead enemy set). They appeared as Summoners, except in the formation (they were invisible). Attempting to change their class though caused the screen to error, becoming jumbled and discoloured. I'm led to assume that this issue is due to the undead knight class not being given more than the basic battle sprites.

So, would anyone know how to solve this issue, or teach me of a way to create these same results in a different manner than merely modding their "Join Up" classed in the ENTD?

Rad's basic class on the job reel is that of Delita's Squire.  He retains the Generic Male sprites in both formation and battle screens, if possible.

Alicia and Lavian have their Knight class replaced by a different Knight class on the job reel (which is why I originally used 3D), so that they can be given a "unique" skill set. If possible, they too retain their Generic Female sprites in formation and battle screens.

Vanya

August 08, 2008, 06:33:43 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I think I remember reading something about having to change their unit ID's.
If not, the computer starts acting wonky with them.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

IronJustice

August 18, 2008, 10:35:34 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by IronJustice
What the blazes is a lion editor?

Some of the veterans here probably understand your situation better than I. But as far as I know, this kind of stuff is to be expected when messing with jobs and sprites since they can be linked. Certian ones are more safe than others.

Kenshin72

August 18, 2008, 11:09:54 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kenshin72
I thought Lion Editor only worked for the PSP version so this should be in that section.

Lion Editor is basically a trainer for WOTL

Lezales

October 04, 2008, 04:47:46 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lezales
Sorry to bring this up again, but until now, I haven't had any time do work on this since August.

I meant the FFTPatcher program. Sorry for the confusion. I checked some other topics around first, and saw someone mention that the Undead Knight class was coded so that it cannot change classes.

Vanya: Does the ID issue fix Alicia/Lavian, or Rad... or both? I've been thinking of completely overwriting (skillsets and graphics) of Guest classes as I think IronJustice mentioned, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Also, do you recall the general forum where that was? I wouldn't mind looking for it. Worst that happens would be that I learn something new.