• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 03:09:32 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

How to actually dl the game and patch on mac/ps2

Started by mingu, October 19, 2008, 03:42:05 am

mingu

October 19, 2008, 03:42:05 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mingu
have the actual fft game for ps1 and I have a ps2. I really want to play the new fft 1.3 but i have no idea if its for the ps2 or pc. Btw i am using a mac book if its for pc. I was just wondering if anyone could help me step by step to download the game and patch and if i actually still need the original cd for ps1.

Ps: yes I have checked numerous sites and the boards here but I still have no idea what to do. is anyone kind enough to direct me to a link that can help step by step or just post a comment to help me. thanks a bunch.  oh yeah i am computer stupid so i don;t really get the emulator stuff and jargon and looking for a way to dl to not really spend any money :D

Archael

October 19, 2008, 10:05:24 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
if you want to play it on your mac you'll need a PSX emulator that runs on mac

if you want to play it on PS2 you'll need (AFAIK) a modded PS2 that can play modified PS1 disks

FFT files are one big ISO

the 1.3 patch is applied to the iso

so basically you gotta figure out how to run this modified ISO on your mac or ps2

I am not very familiar on the running patches from disks compared to other ppl

Skip Sandwich

October 19, 2008, 11:30:35 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
First off, you need to actually extract the ISO from the disk. There are numerous programs that can acomplish this, but I personally never had much luck getting them to work with my copy of Tactics, so I just downloaded a copy of the ISO off of some shady ROM site (a perfectly legal move since I actually own the game). Site regulations preclude me from actually naming any such sites, so you're on your own there, if that's what you want to do.

next step would be finding an emulator that works. I'm not aware of any Mac-specific playstation emulators, so you might have to get a Windows emulator and run one through it.

Once you have an ISO and a working emulator, just download the patch from the forums, and the PPF-Patch-o-Matic program to apply aformentioned patch, and presto! there you go!

Also of note is the FFTPatcher utility. This program will allow you to open up the FFT ISO and muck around with item stats, abilitys, spells, jobs, and even battle formations. This program is entirely seperate from version 1.3, it creates seperate patches in its own FFTPatcher format, and does not requre the use of PPF-Patch-O-Matic to apply them.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com