• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 04:49:03 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Amici's sprites

Started by Amici, October 27, 2010, 10:58:08 am

Twinees

Looked fine without the motion of the hair. It just has some awkward movement going on there atm, so i agree with your decision (though keep trying! either with other sprites or come back later but dont give up now).
  • Modding version: PSX

Amici

Yeah lol, resting from spriting for awhile and doing a little more playing :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

VampragonLord

tbh his hair looks like motion fits it fine (http://trueslant.com/fruzsinaeordogh/fi ... cry3_2.jpg) though yes its a bit overkill. you could add more dvc characters? take a whack at making a generic sprite? the best thing to do is just wait for inspiration to hit you
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Amici

August 09, 2011, 05:41:01 am #143 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:42:09 am by Amici
Hi folks! Been gone a while, busy with med school and whatnot  :|, the recent activity here made my spriting itch come back. I've been looking at the Rakunar sprite for a long time, and have been interested in trying to finish it. As it stands though, I'm not much of an artist, so I changed up the hair since I don't know the slightest thing about drawing new ones =P I put on Kage's Demetrius hair temporarily while I hope to find new ones. I probably won't be able to work on it right away, maybe in a week or so when my licensure exams are done  :roll:

Kagebunji

I liked Rakunar concept a lot as well, so I am glad to see you took it up. But what happened on his forehead? some white dot can be seen. I liked original hair for him a lot too, does anyone have the sheet for Rakunar?(it had some walking frames etc. done)

Amici

August 09, 2011, 05:52:21 am #145 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:53:17 am by Amici
This is the sheet Twinees sent me a loooong way back :P As it stands, the hair on side and back view aren't really done, and figuring out how to go about it is giving me a headache..I can go about figuring out how to put the sprite together, but I really am ill-equipped to finish the hair  :?

Lijj

Rakunar is cool. Rakunar is my favorite unfinished R999 sprite.

But to do it you'll defintely need Shishi-r4 because you'll have to check each arm and fill in some gaps frame by frame. It would be very hard without it.
But with patience and the ability to see what you're doing as you go it won't be.

Amici

August 09, 2011, 08:45:20 pm #147 Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:15:46 am by Amici
Quote from: Lijj on August 09, 2011, 04:21:06 pm
Rakunar is cool. Rakunar is my favorite unfinished R999 sprite.

But to do it you'll defintely need Shishi-r4 because you'll have to check each arm and fill in some gaps frame by frame. It would be very hard without it.
But with patience and the ability to see what you're doing as you go it won't be.

I have Shishi-r4 :) Used it with my Dante sprite before.. in fact my only real problem is the hair, I really don't know how to go about it, which is why I'll probably deal with the arms first.

EDIT: If someone can help me with the hair, even for just the basic side view and back view (if I have those two, it should be 'fairly' easy to do hair for the other poses), I promise to finish this sprite :D I hope. LOL ;)

Messing around with Graphics Gale led to this, it's Julio Valiente! (obviously bits and pieces from everywhere :P)
Must see @2:30 and @3:16

Kagebunji

I kinda like this Julio guy, heh. Very creative. The mask may not blend with hat too well(not enough shadows), but other than that I like it.

Amici

@Kage: LOL, thanks, it's a mix of stuff from different sprites (mainly Lijj's female Black Mage, Seushiro's Zechs, the Onion Knight sprite, and Dante's coat). Dunno if I'll end up seriously taking it up, heh. It'll be 'easier' to put together since I have a recipe already though.

Anyway, there won't be updates here until next week when I can start working on sprites again. Just have to finish my exams :(

Kagebunji

Julio looks like he is worth it, when you every feel like it, then stab him. As to Rakunar, I doubt I can help you with that hair, sorry.

GeneralStrife

So much sprite talent wasted in IA.

Amici

Valiente sprite, 5 poses. Any comments? Worth doing at all?

Lijj

That video was too funny. That looks good Amici; the mask works well.

Kagebunji

Any updates? Few days back I was stabing Rakunar hair, if you are interested I could post what I have done to that.

Amici

I'm back, I think, and have taken interest in taking a stab at Rakunar again... is there interest in the sprite at the moment? I tried creating the other views of the hair but I'm sure other, more talented people can do a better job. I have the recipe in hand for this sprite, it shouldn't take THAT long to finish as long as RL does not intervene :P

Metal

Valiente looks like raiden from mortal kombat lol! FINISH HIM!

Amici

LOL, I lost all my files on Valiente. But it should be easy to make again. I can probably get to it once I finish Rakunar. I hope I can get help with Rak's hair and portrait though, I'm stuck without them. I'm good working on repetitive and monotonous work (spriting), but much less talented artistics-wise :p

Metal

yea me too, i got lots to learn on shading... lol hair is a bitch! good luck :P

Kagebunji

I always liked Rakunar sprite, so if you have means to finish it, then by all means do so, heh. As for the sprite, it's the face on back diagonal frame that looks kinky to me, perhaps you could make it look more normal? USe references from other FFT sprites, it's an easy fix for you :)