• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:36:54 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

Nyzer

That's not a bug with the patch. Could be an emulator issue.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kataanira

oh i see, is there an emulator you would recommend to run it on? its a great game and i would love to finish it.

Nyzer

Psxfin should work fine.

Kataanira

hmm ok, i tried psxfin already, loads up but when i get to the title screen i cant do anything. thanks for the info i will keep trying :)

DarkSlayerEX

April 05, 2022, 06:24:42 pm #304 Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 12:35:43 pm by DarkSlayerEX
Quote from: Kataanira on March 12, 2022, 05:10:24 amhi im playing the 1.97e version and im not sure if you guys are aware of this but none of links arrow abilities work, the damage numbers are glitched when targeting enemies and when they hit they say they do 999 damage but they do no damage, also dantes drive ability hits everything for 999 damage and it does kill everything lol.
Quote from: Nyzer on March 13, 2022, 05:23:48 amThat's not a bug with the patch. Could be an emulator issue.

I can confirm this issue unfortunately happens with Duckstation as one example, which seems to be a really nice emulator otherwise.
I've tried a multitude of others without them breaking the arrows, but unfortunately those emulators all have other issues, be it rendering wrong, sounds being incorrect, fullscreen problems, even with the supposedly correct drivers/settings..

If only there was a way to make Duckstation more JoTF friendly..

(While this confirms this is an emulator issue and not a bug in the hack itself, I just wanted to expand on which ones seem to be having issues, and to see if someone has solved the issue using Duckstation.)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL