• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Journey of the Five Battle Logs

Started by Jumza, March 29, 2013, 01:16:44 pm

scbw1234

I'm outta of potions and phoenix downs :( the items in this game are so expensive.

Jumza

Search for some easy random battles, there are a couple with very few units that you can beat easily that give you gil+items!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

RavenOfRazgriz

You cannot Level Down.

There's no class in Journey of the Five with a "bad" Growth.  As long as you're in physical or magical Jobs you will get a stat growth in the stats you need.

The Damned

April 08, 2013, 06:05:31 am #104 Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:36:37 pm by The Damned
(I think you broke Durbs, Raven. Congrats.)

Geez, people weren't kidding about the Lamia class of monsters being assholes. Discords hits way (too) hard for this early in the game and being AoE 2. I seriously think that only one MA Save made it go from hitting around 25 to hitting at 35. Ugh.

So Lamia would, of course, be the reason I got Game Over'd--or at least would have given three people went down simultaneously; easy to see writing on a Demon Wall. It was because of a horde of 5 of them, of all three classes, and a Beastmaster after going through 5 matches straight and (intentionally) not saving since I was just doing a test run. Related to that, it didn't help that Kiss's description is incorrect: it says it adds Sleep when it really adds Charm & Doom, which is...uh, kinda noticeably different (if intentional).

Other than that, which was an optional battle anyway, most of the mechanics and battle seem fair so far, though Alma's is by far the most annoying story battle of the first four. Ugh. If it wasn't for Snake (and Cloud), then the second battle might qualify just because you still have limited Items, but your damage is at least consistent and you don't have to deal with Charge (as much).

There are a couple of issues I have, but those can wait until I post videos I guess, probably next weekend.

I do have a question though: I'm guessing that Treasure status has been done away with entirely? It seems so since everything seems to turn into Crystals. I can certainly understand why and would of course back such a decision, especially given I decided on it myself long ago. I just want confirmation if so possible given my luck can be rather abysmal and it could just be that everything 50/50'd on me has turned into Crystals just because.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

scbw1234

I think the turtles in this game are pretty overpowered.

By the way,one of my reply just gone,is it deleted?

3lric

Scbw, not sure why ur post is gone. I didn't delete it :/

scbw1234

Quote from: Elric on April 08, 2013, 01:47:04 pm
Scbw, not sure why ur post is gone. I didn't delete it :/

Nevermind its not important anyways,i was just asking about level downs which Raven already answered  :oops:

I'm currently kinda of stucked,since i overleveled which the monster all became way too strong for the current equipment i could get.Everytime i run up to those 6 turtles or the 5 lamia+beastmaster random battle,i just reset and hope for better encounter :shock:

Jumza

Try moving along with the story as well! Better equipment will eventually become available to you.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

scbw1234

:mrgreen: Its funny that i overleveled just to buy potions and phoenix downs.

Jumza

Yeah, you are a little tight for money at the start of the game, but it's gets better later on. :)

MiKeMiTchi

I suggest doing the main battles now to unlock you more randoms, like Jumza's advice. Some of the early randoms involve hard monsters you can only beat once you've gone thru other spots on the game and unlocked more jobs and equipments. I, too, can't beat those monsters, but I find other units my own size instead. (humans!) But yeah, I wish those sorority of Lamias and gang of turtles transferred to later randoms of the game, since they're pretty much common early game, only giving 1 or 2 easy randoms for grinding early.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Zaane

if anyone needs  help with the 3rd battle in the game try this.
Move to the corner of the room thats to the right and a little back from where alma starts (move alma the knight and rad there since the other knight cant quite make it) one of the females (with item) will move close enough so that you can hit her with alma...with luck you will get the full 30 damage then you can shoot her with rad as well and nearly kill her...she should move back and heal herself then you can chase in with alma and finish her off. that puts her too far away from the other character with item (that should be chasing around your knight that couldnt make it to the corner) the rest of the battle should be a piece of cake if you focus on the other character with item.

scbw1234

Quote from: MiKeMiTchi on April 08, 2013, 09:10:37 pm
I suggest doing the main battles now to unlock you more randoms, like Jumza's advice. Some of the early randoms involve hard monsters you can only beat once you've gone thru other spots on the game and unlocked more jobs and equipments. I, too, can't beat those monsters, but I find other units my own size instead. (humans!) But yeah, I wish those sorority of Lamias and gang of turtles transferred to later randoms of the game, since they're pretty much common early game, only giving 1 or 2 easy randoms for grinding early.

I think i should restart a new game and not overleveled this time,i'm stucked in a vicious circle,the more i leveled,the more difficult the games gets,and more phoenix down required,therefore more battle need for money so i end up overleveled again.  :shock: now i'm level 20 with starter equipment.The enemy in story battle also sticks up to my maximum level.

I hope after chapter 2 and 3 release,they make a easier final version  :mrgreen: the game is way too challenging.

Jumza

Don't forget Ramza has wish :/ More cost effective

Durbs

Quote from: Jumza on April 09, 2013, 01:57:18 pm
Don't forget Ramza has wish :/ More cost effective

Agreed. And also, disagreeing with you there scbw. There is a move that will make your life infinitely easier. Read some of the advanced classes' movesets when you unlock them.

RavenOfRazgriz

April 09, 2013, 04:03:44 pm #117 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:58:49 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
If you're already at Level 20, unless you're just not changing Jobs ever (which is a bad idea) you should have access to Knight, Ranger, Monk, and Priest and a larger pool of MP.  Invigorate (Knight), Revive (Monk), and Full-Life (Priest) alongside Wish (Duke) can easily keep your team alive with few to no Phoenix Downs, especially if you take a roadtrip to get Half MP (Oracle), which will also help characters like Link and Dante use more of their offensive skills as well as help the stronger Ranger skills quickly cripple foes. 

If you're just not changing Jobs ever, then you should probably get on doing that.

(Consider this the only tip I will probably give to anyone in this thread. :v)

Durbs

Oh, you did give them the hint. I was keeping it vague just in case.

But yes, completely confirming this.
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 09, 2013, 04:03:44 pm
Invigorate (Knight), Revive (Monk), and Full-Life (Priest) alongside Wish (Duke) can easily keep your team alive with few to no Phoenix Downs, especially if you take a roadtrip to get Half MP (Wizard), which will also help characters like Link and Dante use more of their offensive skills as well as help the stronger Ranger skills quickly cripple foes.

Though I haven't taken the time to get Half MP yet, that's also on the horizon.

scbw1234

:shock: :shock: :shock: I had level 1-11 not changing any class because i thought the stat growth would be terrible,since there are no level downs.Therefore i had all their initial class level 8.

:oops: old vanilla concerns~~