• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:45:47 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

April 25, 2013, 03:35:04 am #80 Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:42:34 am by RavenOfRazgriz
Can you upload a screenshot in a spoiler?

EDIT: I can Job Change to Samurai fine.  The requirements for Samurai are not the same as they are in Vanilla FFT.

RavenOfRazgriz

I removed the attachments because I asked you to please upload them into a spoiler.  Next time please upload the images to a third party host site and put them in a spoiler tag when asked to put images in a spoiler.  Just because someone has a Bug to report doesn't mean they want to see what's further down if they didn't bother unlocking this or that.

Anyway.

Your problem is a simple text error.

Samurai also requires Level 3 Dragoon.  Ninja has a similar error where the Level 3 Geomancer requirement is missing.  For some reason these Jobs list a nonexistent Level 5 Squire requirement instead.

It'll be fixed in a small 1.92 release soon along with another cleanup error.

brittmarv

A couple here

Ever since the patch that fixed the double archery damage indicators, they have stopped showing up at all most of the time. They seem to work fine with Link's Ice Arrow for some reason though. ( Because it is a spell rather than a phystical attack maybe? )

Second - At the beginning of the random battle against 6 Turtles on Zirekile Falls, I hit the front middle green turtle with an Air Trick from Dante. As soon as the turtle countered with Damage Split, the camera had to pan up into the air to where Dante was just hanging out, about a screen and a half's length up. He remained there afterwards. I aborted the fight before his next turn so I am not sure if it was going to fix itself or not.

RavenOfRazgriz

Re: First Bug - Are you on 1.92?  A small fix for that was added in the 1.92 release after we noticed this behaviour on 1.91.  Test on the 1.92 release of the game and see if that still happens because we're not getting that issue on our end.

Re: Second Bug - That's just a display bug with the animation for that attack I can fix next time we do a bugfix release.  You can continue to play normally even when that happens and everything will still work properly.  You can avoid making that bug happen by not mashing the confirm button when launching an attack as that seems to be what causes that to happen.  (Random, I know.)

brittmarv

I patched to 1.9.2 as soon as I saw it posted this morning. However, there is a slight chance that through some oversight or mouse-fail that I accidentally chose the 1.9.1 patch in PPF-omatic by mistake.

I will re-patch and let you know.

As funny as it sounds, maybe it is only NPC delivered crossbow attacks specifically that are not showing up?

RavenOfRazgriz

That's what we noticed but I set some characters to Auto Battle with 1.92 and the damage displayed fine with both Crossbows and Longbows.  I can test with "actual" NPC archers later but I don't think there would be a difference.

brittmarv

Nothing major here but as I was working on the wiki I noticed that practically all of Black Magic's in-game help pages (the "press select" pages) have incorrect MP and Speed listings

Also, if I am not mistaken, "Absorb MP" restores half, not all, of the expended MP from a skill targeting you, correct? If so then it's help page is also wrong.

RavenOfRazgriz

I fixed all the speed and a lot of the MP typos this morning actually as part of some cleanup for another bugfix release.  You did help me catch one I missed just now though.  I've been going through as you updated the Wiki and comparing anything that looks wrong to my TacText and FFTPatcher and it's helped me find some random errors like Barrage saying it hits every enemy on the map. (lol.)

Absorb MP absorbs the full MP cost of whatever Ability was cast on you at a Br% rate, as long as you are not the originator of the Ability in question.  So yes, that's actually correct.

EDIT:  Also, for your own reference, Speed isn't a derivative stat of the Job, that's based on the unit.  The Job-derivative stats are Move, Jump, and C-EV, not Move, Jump, and Speed.  :v

brittmarv

April 27, 2013, 09:31:06 pm #88 Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:01:19 pm by brittmarv
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 27, 2013, 09:15:39 pm
EDIT:  Also, for your own reference, Speed isn't a derivative stat of the Job, that's based on the unit.  The Job-derivative stats are Move, Jump, and C-EV, not Move, Jump, and Speed.  :v

Thanks for that catch! Does C-EV grow with level or is it safe to put in the values I currently have while unequipped?

Also I'm happy that the wiki is already helping out, though in an unexpected way :) Thanks for all the help with it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you already handled up on that!

The Damned

(Wait, Absorb MP is supposed to work on every MP having ability? At Brave?)

I ask because I've noticed that it seems to activate at 100% on quite a few things, but never on Cure.

Then again, that experience is all on v1.3. I suppose I'll see if the same occurs in v1.93.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

MiKeMiTchi

April 28, 2013, 01:51:38 am #90 Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:02:30 am by MiKeMiTchi
I tried Absorb MP with cure. It works fine on my end. :)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

The Damned

(I tried testing it more before I upgraded to v1.92 and yeah, it eventually worked. I'm not sure why pretty much everything else activated a lot more than it. Apparently the RNG likes screw with me even when it's not actively messing me over.)

Now, let's turn some things I just saw in v1.92 that I'm sure are bugs. During a certain fight at Zirekile Falls North (or is it West?), I noticed at least two bugs and one possible bug:

1. Fell Turtle's Resonate skill actually adds Paralyze and Immobilize, which is frankly rather ridiculous, especially since like the previous Lilith's Kiss problem, the description doesn't note the correct thing: it only notes that it can Paralyze.

2. Despite its description implying that the Paralyze is guaranteed, Toughskin's Headbutt doesn't 100% Paralyze. I'm not sure it Paralyzes at all, actually, given that was the only time I've got hit by it.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I'd ask that you make sure that Zirekile Falls has all four of its Move-Find Items like all maps are supposed to. I've found all spots in Araguay Woods & Bariaus Hill, but it seems like, for whatever reason, there are only three Move-Find Item spaces at Zirekile Falls.

I'm not going to spoil where they are and I don't want to know where the last one is, but I could have sworn that I literally double-check every spot on the map on Sunday and didn't find a fourth. So far all I've found is a Bow Gun, an Iron Armor and a Feather Hat.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

brittmarv

A bug and a text error..

Text Error: Leesha: "We used work for King Delita" - missing a "to." This occurs at Warjilis

Bug: Berserked units have serious trouble targeting characters on bridge tiles which have accessible tiles beneath them.
This was witnissed at Zirekile falls. Two units were berserked, one using melee and one using ranged attacks. Both units continually targeted an empty water space below the bridge space where a Piscodemon was standing.

Quote from: The Damned on April 30, 2013, 04:24:38 am
I'm not going to spoil where they are and I don't want to know where the last one is, but I could have sworn that I literally double-check every spot on the map on Sunday and didn't find a fourth. So far all I've found is a Bow Gun, an Iron Armor and a Feather Hat.

I can confirm there are indeed 4 spots working. If you decide you need help finding it, check out the JoT5 Wiki. It has the information you need. The wiki is arranged in a way that should prevent unneeded spoilers.

RavenOfRazgriz

April 30, 2013, 02:02:12 pm #93 Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:15:43 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
EDIT: Nevermind, I just woke up and apparently can't read.  It'll be fixed... later I guess.  Herp.

And that's not a bug, that's standard FFT Berserk AI at work.  The Berserk AI is retarded, which is kind of its entire point.  It'll shoot/attack walls, shoot allies in the back with ranged weapons, walk into a corner and swing at tiles I'm not sure it can even target, and all sorts of crazy shit to try and get the guy they want. It's quite a display to watch on some maps.

Also, v1.93 coming out in about 5 minutes, fixing everything The Damned mentioned and a bunch of other cleanup that's accrued over the last few days.

RavenOfRazgriz

Fuck I accidentally deleted your post.  Goddamnit.  Sorry, Arek.

Well, I just put out 1.931 to fix that Formation bug you posted.  Thanks you.

That should've been fixed back in Beta but it somehow got un-fixed.  Woo.

Arek

LOL That's OK. Thanks for the quick fix.  :mrgreen:

--Arek

brittmarv

Lol

I just witnissed a Priest cast protect. It landed on Himself, and on a Wizard that was 6 spaces away from him. I recounted them to make sure. Only time i've seen this sort of error so far. I'm pretty sure that in the rounds preceding this, the wizard was inside of the protect effect range but then he walked away to cast a spell. Somehow or another Protect decided "no man left behind"

3lric

Quote from: brittmarv on April 30, 2013, 06:57:56 pm
Somehow or another Protect decided "no man left behind"

This made me LOL hard...
  • Modding version: PSX

Durbs

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 30, 2013, 07:08:02 pm
I... I... wat.

He found a usable psyduck emoticon... dear god, it's begun...
  • Modding version: PSX