• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 01:20:35 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Running into an unknown problem

Started by busterff7, January 15, 2013, 04:15:51 am

busterff7

Wasn't exactly which board to post this in since it covers such a strange issue. I've been using the same patch I saved since the beginning and everything has been going fine. But just recently, I edited a few more things in said patch, and I'm having a strange problem with my emulator/ISO/keyboard. Occasionally, when I press a key while playing it wont register that I pressed anything. It takes a few more presses before it will register. OR I'll press the key once and it acts as if I'm holding it down. It only started doing this a couple days ago, so my question is simple:

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? Is there a limit to how many edits you can make in a single patch? Could it be a problem with my emulator or ISO? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.  :)

kadwin

you could try to patch a clean ISO, if that doesnt work re-download your emulator, and maybe the plugins as well, your best bet is to start ruling things out i would think.

Pretzilstix

This doesn't sound like a problem with your patch. There is no limit to the amount that you can change as long as you're doing it correctly. Even so, patching an ISO shouldn't mess with your controls like that. If I had to guess, I'd say it's your emulator. Have yo updated anything on your computer since you installed the emulator? That's most likely the cause of something like this. Like Kadwin said though, try with the simple first. Try patching a clean ISO. If nothing works, why not give a system restore a go?

nextgenrpg

1. Did you make any modifications to your Emulator recently? (Controls, visual, audio, etc)
2. Did you make any modifications to your keyboard or mouse setup recently?

busterff7

I did update my computer recently, but I don't recall it messing with the mouse/keyboard. And I havent changed any settings on the emulator recently either. I'm using ePSXe 1.6.0. Would that be an issue? I'll try patching a clean ISO and see if that works first. My patch is setup to work from the start of the game, so should I start a new save file just to be on the safe side?

kadwin

You might as well, but I would be suspicious of the emulator over the iso/patch first. You can re-install and calibrate an emulator in literally minutes, if I were having the issue you've stumbled upon, that woulda been my first move. You could also try a different emulator all together, I use PSXeven, I only use ePSXe for disc swapping. What have you tried to do so far?

busterff7

I reinstalled the emulator and so far it seems to be working fine again. If it happens again I'll try the other suggestions. Thanks again guys. :)