• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:01:51 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Now Playing

Started by Cheetah, April 03, 2008, 09:31:33 am

beawulfx

After beating FE: RD I'm now working my through Breath of Fire II using the recent translation patch, and it makes the game so much more aesthetically pleasing, I am just loving it.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

philsov

QuoteBreath of Fire II using the recent translation patch

Well, there goes my day.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Draivyn

Playing through FF8 again....for the sole reason of the card game that sucks out hours and hours of my life like some kind of time succubus

Cheetah

Valkyria Chronicles 2 for psp. The original is the only current gen RPG I have actually beaten, took me a little over a year, and I'm really loving the second one. The improvements to gameplay are exquisite and really streamline the experience for the psp. I like the fact that battles no longer take a hour just to end up dying at the end. It is definitely feeling a lot easier at the beginning, but I got my first game over in the third act so hopefully the difficulty rises. Like most reviewers I have to say that the increased anime style of art and story definitely is a step backwards for the series. However, some of the characters are very likable, Zeri is the shit, and the overall story is still working for me.

All FFT fans should check out this great strategy RPG.

OH YEAH, there is a job system!
Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

What kind of job system are we talking about?  FFIII?  FFV?  FFT/FFTA/FFTA2?  Blue Dragon/Wild ARMs XF?
[Interestingly enough, the chronological order also happens to go from my least favorite to my most favorite systems... (note, I'm counting the three FFTs as the same job system, even if the latter two sucked)]

Cheetah

All character's except for the main character so far have an assigned primary path. Then each primary job has like a couple branching paths for of a total of like 6 new class per primary class. So nothing like FFT and progression is based an acquisition of awards. It seems to be working well so far.
Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

Sounds like a Fire Emblem kind of system.  I hope the combat has more depth to it than Fire Emblem.  Sure, that series has traditionally been considered challenging, but I can't say I've ever cared for its rock-paper-scissors weapon system, its magic system, or that there is absolutely no way to reverse or avoid permanent death.

How's the combat?
How varied are the jobs?  Particularly the ones that branch away from the same source?

Draivyn

last time I checked fire emblem has more of a myrmidon system, Do you have a myrmidon? congratulations you kill everything not walking around in 400 lbs of armour

Kaijyuu

Been playing Valkyrie Profile 2.

God dammit, why'd they have to mess with time travel. It's like they wanted to make a prequel but felt determined to shoe horn in characters from the first game. The story really suffers because of it, though at least it's well paced... VP1 had 30 mins of story at the beginning, 30 mins of story at the end, and most everything in between was character development of characters you never see outside of battle again.

Gameplay also isn't as good as VP1.

Still a good game though.
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

Kaijyuu use freaking spoiler tags!!!

The balance between classes is appearing much better so far, in the original scouts were way too versatile. There is quite a bit of variety, within the constructs of the game. So there aren't people flying around with jetpacks, well not yet at least, but you mobile units and then units that can lay mines or have huge armor resistance but only melee weapons. Minor additions such has having your take have the option of being an APC really livens things up. Generally the mission variety is an improvement as well. There seems to be a nice amount of polish so they are really extending the quality and enjoyability of the game. Stuff like unlocking special character missions for units that you use a lot in battle, and then those missions having the opportunity to unlock new characters makes you feel like you are really crafting a unique playing experience.
Current Projects:

Kaijyuu

I wouldn't consider a chapter 1 reveal to be a spoiler. Also I never said who is recurring :X
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

Quote from: "Kaijyuu"I wouldn't consider a chapter 1 reveal to be a spoiler. Also I never said who is recurring :X

LOL sorry Kaijyuu, I thought you were talking about Valkyria Chronicles 2, not Valkyrie Profile 2. And then I was like, "I'm 15 hours into the game and I'm not even done with chapter 1!?".
Current Projects:

Vanya

Metroid: Other M.

This game freakin' rocks! This should be in text book in the chapter on how to make a proper sequel.
If you guys have a Wii I totally recommend this game!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

Thanks for the recommendation Vanya. The game was looking like a pile of crap to me, but it is good to hear real people liking it. I might give it a try.
Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

I never could get into the Metroid series.  I was completely and utterly stuck on the second Ridley fight in Super Metroid, and the only time I tried Metroid Prime, I sucked at it.  While I can play FPS games, I'm better at the more "frantic" ones like the Halo and especially the Timesplitters series.

So... that wouldn't be a good game for a lightweight in FPS games, would it...?  Eh, I'll probably save my money for Starcraft 2 instead anyways...

Jon

Metroid Prime was awesome, I bought it only because it was $20 bucks instead of other GC games that costed like $50-60. I wasn't so sure it would be good, I just wanted to play something different, and oh man that game is so cool once you get into it! I would recommend trying MP1 if you haven't already. I also like Star Wars Republic Commando which somehow feels similar to Metroid Prime. Another great FPS but way too short. MP1 is really long, and has a hard mode which truly is hard so it offers nice replay value.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zozma

NOTHING! im playing absolutely NOTHING! there! happy??!!
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Draivyn

Oh dear Lord....you must be suffering

Kagebunji

There is a thing called life too, we don't play games all the time, you know.

Vanya

The cosmic joke for me is that when I was a kid I had all the time in the world to play the few games I had, but now I have all the games I could ever want and no time to play them. =P
¯\(°_0)/¯