• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:20:36 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Where do I start? Is it PSX console or PSX emulator?

Started by Punkioinapit713, March 06, 2020, 12:37:38 am

Punkioinapit713

How do I start what do I need and how can I get the games and emulator/console and start Hacking away???
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

-Leonardo da Vinci
  • Discord username: Punkioinapit713

Nyzer

With all due respect, if you aren't even sure of this, you aren't ready to start modding just yet.

Using an emulator on a PC is the fastest way. For now, stick with just applying and playing an existing mod, then move on to Patcher work for your own stuff.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Punkioinapit713

I know. I'm just starting at the ground floor looking up... So for someone who knows nothing. Where can I find all the info I need to know in order to just play and apply mods. I just downloaded Psx yet I'm not sure about where to get Bios files. Just when my cpu is getting started enter bios and make a copy? Then getting my hands on FFT to play and mod... Sorry I'm a noob... LOL!
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

-Leonardo da Vinci

Punkioinapit713

Never mind I got it working with the game... Still trying to find out how to use a controller. I only have a xbox one controller for windows and a PS4 controller

-Leonardo da Vinci

Punkioinapit713

Also cannot use lioneditor because files will not load.

-Leonardo da Vinci

Nyzer

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

yamish

Quote from: Nyzer on March 06, 2020, 09:55:59 am*Does* LionEditor even work with the PSX game?

Documentation doesn't state it does and only has instructionsfor psp. Admittedly i never tried, but I assume it doesn't.

Isn't there an editor for psx though? Fftastic or something like that?
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Punkioinapit713

Sorry my bad. I was using lioneditor for my PSP save and It's not working yet that's for a different subject in a different part of the forum. But there is a editor for fft on pSX? I wouldn't mind playing around with that...

-Leonardo da Vinci

yamish

• Discord username: riggz raggz

Punkioinapit713

Sorry all this makes me feel dumb I must be doing something wrong. I cannot seem to be able to use it....

-Leonardo da Vinci