• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Jon

Very nice Famfrit by you and Zomza. Also, I have an idea for the moogle (eyes mostly and readjusting his head, I know, I know, sounds weird but trust me). I will try to post this asap but everything in my life has gotten in the way. This is the only project I am working on atm, so eventually (soon hopefully) I can make a post. Nice work, keep it up Kage!

Edit!:

Here is an idea (just an idea). I think that moogle's noses should be small and should be black and also the wings should be purplish, but thats just me...and the eyes could look a little like this if you want, and notice that the head has been moved down 1 pixel ;)

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

jimmyjw88

The nose is wrong now. Eye is okay, I guess.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Post smaller size plz, as Jimmy said, the nose is wrong, when I first looked at it I thought "a horse nose?", he will have purple and black nose on other palettes, no worries. Well I can't tell anything about head and eyes because I cannot see miniature, and resizing on my Windows 7 is a big pain.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Nose looks really weird, eyes look too low, wings look okay (but a little flat).

RolyTunedIn

the moogle is coming along nicely kage and jimmy... by the way i  wouldnt mind seeing the full sheet for famfrit.

Kagebunji

Ok, I will get the sheet and send PM to you, Roly. But don't expect it to be done fast, I'm a lazy man, and I operate on two computers, so this slows everything down :P.

Jon

Yeah okay, I'll leave the moogle in more capable hands. The nose is kinda weird, I wouldn't say wrong (just different because it was based on FF7 style moogle), where as your moogle portrait is no doubt heavily based off of FF9, right? Aww well, I tried, crashed and burned, but what else can you expect from someone who has no time to do anything anymore ;)

Kagebunji

Yeah, the whole moogle is based on FF9. And thhat is why I thought that making him slimmer might not work, FF9 moogles are quite fat, aren't they?

mav

They're chubby; the Uribos are fat. But it works, overall.

Kagebunji

So...Make him slimer, fatter, or leave him in his current shape?

Jon

If you want to make it super acurate, then slimmer, but I would just leave him as is now. If you replace the damn pigs that I detest joyfully, then there wont be anything to compare the moogles to in the game anyways. Up to you though Kage.

Kagebunji

Well, zou are right Jon, nothing to compare when pigs are gone. So then I will leave him in current shape. Ok time to finish this moogle, eyes, nose , ears, and that is all?

mav

I believe so. And if you change the wing colors, let me know so that I can change them on the portrait too.

Jon

Cool, I'm looking forward to this :) Also, I saw somewhere on a sprite (cant remember clearly) not from FFT but another game, where the nose was sort of a 'W' shape and looked good, hmmm, maybe I will test around with that for nose ideas, but its up to you.

Kagebunji

"W"? Sounds like it wouldn't look good to me, but feel free to try :)

mav

What ever happened to the Moogle with the fur collar?

jimmyjw88

Well, the sprite is too small to put a "W" nose. So, I think it probably won't look good.
Yes, fur collar Moogle, I'm looking forward, Kage.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Moogle with fur is called fmeale Moogle guys ;) And I will yet to work with it, I am still lookin for some suitable fur(eventually base-fur on wich I can do cool looking one). This won't be easy, but I will get it done.

mav

I was gonna say the Behemoth, but you can't actually see his collar, so that wouldn't work. You could try basing it off a beard or something...

Kagebunji

Yeah I looked at behemoth, but it won't work. Hmmm, beard idea might work, but wich beard? Goltana?