• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:24:45 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Jon

Ah, thank you Kage! Great job on the wings (Mav is right about the coloring, but adding wings to a pig is already tough as is...). Hmmm, lately I have been so busy with everything else, but I too would like to make my own moogle out of yours, but of course you get all the credit for the base. This sprite is really quite nice, however I have to disagree with the giant nose and his eyes look a bit wrong, but still this is by far the coolest looking moogle yet. I cant wait to see how you will change this guy around if you do. Really, keep it up Kage, super quality as always :)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

Well thank you Jon, I didn't realized it was such a good sprite :).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Hold off on the eyes for now--I have a feeling that changing out the nose will help make them look better too.

Kagebunji

There is a possibility that it will look better, but like I said, replacing the nose is quite hard, so I will just reangle the eyes. I also was wondering about adding the whiskers, but it will probably clash with eyes and look blooby, besides it is too small detail I suppose. I will try to work and post little remade moogle tomorrow, no promises though.

mav

Whiskers are way too small to be worth it--forget about 'em. You can try working with the eyes, though I can't really figure out the problem, so it's hard for me to give advice. It's no surprise that the nose is a bitch to work with...just do what you can with what you have.

jimmyjw88

February 20, 2010, 02:40:41 am #1085 Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 04:23:25 am by jimmyjw88
Hmm...Nose...How's this? And eyes...
[attachment=0:1kwlww8o]Moogle Test1.png[/attachment:1kwlww8o]
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

I'm thinking that I am liking the improvements. The number 1 thing I would recommend for the moggle sprite would be to make the ears smaller. This it what really makes it look like a porky clone.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Ah yes, ears.

Update above* ~ Something like this?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Noooo, eyes aren't suiting him, he is sad now :D As to ears, they are good. If I am not mistaken, the nose became smaller, yes?

mav

With those eyes, he looks happy/sleepy to me, which seems right to me, but I duno. The nose and ears look good too. Great stuff, guys.

SilvasRuin

The sad look (I don't think it looks sad...) could be averted with a stronger arch to the eyes.

mav

Also, have you considered making the Moogle a little bit skinnier, Kage? Moogles are supposed to be chubby, but the Uribo belly is a little too bulgy, in my opinion.

Kagebunji

Looks like I'm the only one that thinks he is sad :P So, you think I should make him less fat? Okay,  that can be done.

Kagebunji

Here is the newest thing I'm working on, credits go to Zozma as well.

mav

That is seriously awesome. My only gripe is that there may be too much detail on the sprite, making it appear messy. I dunno though--I really like this. Great job. Kage.

jimmyjw88

That's amazing, Kage! To me, actually it looks good. . I'm not sure if the details are too cram because it's seriously looking good now. Great job.

Jumza

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=684
Im not sure if you got that from here and cleaned it up or just got it and posted hoping people would forget.
Srsly tho if you where working on a new famfrit sprite FFTA famfrit plox.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Bloodthirster0

February 22, 2010, 09:37:54 pm #1097 Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:16:12 am by Bloodthirster0
good job cleaning it up Kage,it is awesome now,even with this exagerated level of detail,it doesnt look bad,even the details are looking good

Its good that someone is working with those FF12 sprites
Need something useful to write here

SilvasRuin

It's looking surprisingly clear for having so many details... but would it still look so clear in-game?  The other poses might be a pain in the ass too.

Kagebunji

Jumza, I definitly didn't get it from there, this is first time I see this topic. I said that credits go to Zozma, cause it is mostly his job, I only cleaned and polished it up. If anyone want to see how the whole sheet looks, PM me, I can provide it to anyone.